How to get an old macOS installer from Apple

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 45
    Really useful thanks, and does anyone know where to download a High Sierra DMG? Thanks
  • Reply 42 of 45
    P.s. Apple store no longer lists High Sierra or Mojave even, grrrr 
  • Reply 43 of 45
    beryl said:
    Really useful thanks, and does anyone know where to download a High Sierra DMG? Thanks
    Go to the createinstallmedia support page, here:  https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201372

You will see links to download older versions of macOS, including High Sierra.

Clicking the High Sierra link should re-direct you to the Mac App Store App, where you can "Get" macOS High Sierra
  • Reply 44 of 45
    tmpc said:
    For people who use a computer for mainstream activities (photos, email, etc.), updating to the latest OS usually isn't a problem.  But, there is another type of computer user that uses a computer as a tool.  I am one of those people.  I write and record music using computers.  But, like musicians who rely on a particular piano or guitar, I can't imagine not having access to certain sound producing or modifying software.  For people like me, updates are scary.  For that reason, I was very diligent about downloading installers and updates when they appeared.  I now find that Apple has stabbed me, and people like me, in the back.  I find it ironic that a company that was so influential and supportive of people using computers for artistic pursuits has done this.
    Excellent point. To which I agree; I presume Apple simply has gotten to be too large. And are doing it for the money, not to 'enrich the lives of...' or whatever their sect sentence is their marketing thing nowadays.