FaceTime alternative ToTok is a spy tool, purged from App Store

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 33
    digitol said:
    YUP! I just bought an app which was refunded for containing MALWARE on the APPLE APPSTORE! Yup that's right your mind controlled Apple zealots :wink: ! I refuse to use the now F'd out term "FanBoys" ... as I was once one, but now have graduated to fan-man!  Fan of Apple, but I can be realistic and critical of them also. This is one of those times. So yea, be aware, that no matter what Apple sells you, question it. Contrary to what Apple wants you to think, the APplesStore is NOT safe. It's not 100% malware, spy etc safe. I guess in Apple's defense, nothing much is. Anyhow just be cautious. Have a good Holiday.
    What was the apps name?
    Rayz2016watto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 33
    knowitallknowitall Posts: 1,648member
    Our (USA’s) allies in the Middle East are as bad as our enemies.
    The Middle East is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 33
    tzeshantzeshan Posts: 2,351member
    gatorguy said:
    vukasika said:
    Middle Eastern governments and China spying on citizens... I'm shocked.  Kudos to Apple for discovering the issue and booting them out of the App Store. 
    Apparently neither Apple nor Google discovered it. The New York Times was the one who alerted both after US government sources had advised them while following a story, at least according to media reports. 
    Many mass shootings in US might be avoided if US government spy on citizens. 
  • Reply 24 of 33
    knowitall said:
    Our (USA’s) allies in the Middle East are as bad as our enemies.
    The Middle East is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence.
    I agree.  The US needs to say out of it altogether.  We don’t need their oil so we should stop spending out blood & dollars.  I’d add Afghanistan to that list.  Over 2 trillion spent and thousands of lives...for what?  I’d much rather see those soldiers (that died) home with their families for Christmas.
    DAalseth
  • Reply 25 of 33
    Fatman said:
    Add WeChat and TikTok to the list of Trojan horse spy apps - still available to download and use.

Isn't FB a Trojan horse spy app designed to suck data from its products and on-sell to anyone?
    edited December 2019 watto_cobra
  • Reply 26 of 33
    tzeshan said:
    gatorguy said:
    vukasika said:
    Middle Eastern governments and China spying on citizens... I'm shocked.  Kudos to Apple for discovering the issue and booting them out of the App Store. 
    Apparently neither Apple nor Google discovered it. The New York Times was the one who alerted both after US government sources had advised them while following a story, at least according to media reports. 
    Avoid mass shootings in US by replacing all guns with muskets - by the time you have primed it to shoot you might have had sufficient pause for reflection.
    edited December 2019 Rayz2016watto_cobra1983
  • Reply 27 of 33
    cornchip said:

I definitely wonder about all these other social media apps. I really don’t think most of them are being investigated thoroughly enough.
    Yep, FB and Twitter has been brilliant 'coloured revolution' tools for the US intelligent service and related entities eg. NED. LOL!
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 28 of 33
    tzeshan said:
    gatorguy said:
    vukasika said:
    How so?

Sounds to me like naive nonsense. 
    muthuk_vanalingamwatto_cobraStrangeDays
  • Reply 29 of 33
    1348513485 Posts: 332member
    tzeshan said:
    Sorry, no.  And we don't need "Re-Education Camps" either.
  • Reply 30 of 33
    tzeshan said:
    gatorguy said:
    vukasika said:
    What proof do you provide for this outlandish claim? Sounds like BS to me.
  • Reply 31 of 33

kimberly said:
    tzeshan said:
    gatorguy said:
    vukasika said:
    Avoid mass shootings in US by replacing all guns with muskets - by the time you have primed it to shoot you might have had sufficient pause for reflection.
    There are more annual murders with blunt instruments like hammers than their are from popular semi-auto rifles. This data-driven fact was reiterated by Neil deGrasse Tyson on Twitter and he was bullied for it.
  • Reply 32 of 33
    tmaytmay Posts: 6,243member

kimberly said:
    tzeshan said:
    gatorguy said:
    vukasika said:
    There are more annual murders with blunt instruments like hammers than their are from popular semi-auto rifles. This data-driven fact was reiterated by Neil deGrasse Tyson on Twitter and he was bullied for it.
    Almost all of those "blunt instruments" were used in anger on single individuals.

I haven't heard of any mass casualty events due to "blunt instruments" wielded by a single individual, hence, not actually a great metric to compare against semi-auto rifles, which have claim to a majority of the top ten active shooter events that have occurred in the U.S.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/data-confirm-semiautomatic-rifles-linked-to-more-deaths-injuries/

"Semiautomatic rifles, which include assault weapons like the AR-15 and its variants, are relatively easy to operate and capable of firing very quickly. They can be used with large magazines and high-velocity ammunition, and are infamous for causing egregious damage to soft tissue and bone. In recent years mass shooters wielded them in Aurora, Colo., Orlando, Fla., and Newtown, Conn., among other places. Yet there had been no comprehensive assessment of injuries from the different types of firearms used in such situations, notes Adil Haider, a trauma and critical care surgeon who directs the Center for Surgery and Public Health at BWH. He and his colleagues aimed to address that gap in their study, published in JAMA The Journal of the American Medical Association. “The biggest take-home message is that in an active shooter incident, an assailant with a semiautomatic rifle may be able to hurt and kill about twice the number of people compared to if they had a non-semiautomatic rifle or a handgun,” he says."

But of course, people are and expendable commodity.