Going hands on with Nomad's Base Station Pro -- The first real free-placement Qi charger

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    ivanh said:

ivanh said:
    Is there a way to turn off wireless charging on iPhone 11 Pro?  
    I accidentally placed it on my belly during a few minutes nap, and a ring shape burn mark appeared on the next day. Three times already!
    Yyyyyeaaahhh....this sounds like compete BS. How long do I need to keep mine there to get burned? 
    Try it yourself and let it stays on your belly for 10 minutes. If I’m the only one encountered this weird thing. Perhaps I can ask for a replacement. 
    Go look at a teardown video, iPhones lack the hardware necessary to generate an EMF capable of burning someone.  Try trolling another site.
    edited January 2020 watto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 24
    ivanh said:

ivanh said:
    I accidentally placed it on my belly during a few minutes nap, and a ring shape burn mark appeared on the next day. Three times already!
    Yyyyyeaaahhh....this sounds like compete BS. How long do I need to keep mine there to get burned? 
    Try it yourself and let it stays on your belly for 10 minutes. If I’m the only one encountered this weird thing. Perhaps I can ask for a replacement. 
    Unless you ate a Qi charging pad for lunch, I call bullshit.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 24
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,861administrator
    ivanh said:
    100% bullshit, as the coil on an iPhone 11 Pro is a receiver not a transmitter.
    edited March 2020 fastasleep