Apple shares first trailer for 'Central Park' animated series

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited March 2020
Apple on Tuesday shared a trailer for "Central Park," an upcoming animated series slated to make its Apple TV+ debut on May 29.

Originally set to debut at SXSW this year,Originally set to debut at SXSW this year, "Central Park" will now premiere on Apple TV+ on May 29.

"Central Park," created by Bob's Burgers creator Loren Bouchard, is described as a musical comedy that follows the adventures of a family who live and work in the eponymous urban park and end up saving the world.

The Cupertino tech titan first inked a deal with Bouchard and 20th Century Fox Television for the show in 2018. Apple has ordered 26 episodes split into two seasons.

The cast for "Central Park" includes Josh Gad, Leslie Odom Jr., Tituss Burgess, Kristen Bell, Stanley Tucci, Daveed Diggs and Kathryn Hahn. In addition to Bouchard, Nora Smith of Bob's Burgers also shares writing and production credits.

Apple will make the first three episodes available on May 29 on Apple TV+, with one episode premiering per week after that.

Originally, Apple was set to debut "Central Park" at this year's SXSW festival, but the company pulled out due to concerns about the coronavirus. SXSW has since been canceled entirely.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    BeatsBeats Posts: 3,073member
    YES!! Been waiting for this one since Bob's Burgers is gold!!
  • Reply 2 of 8
    razorpitrazorpit Posts: 1,796member
    I love Bob's Burgers, with that said I'm surprised at how bad this looks. I hope they figure out ho to make it work, but not too optimistic they will.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Looks like a Bobs Burgers knockoff. 
    Beatsrazorpit
  • Reply 4 of 8
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,211member
    A musical? Different strokes I'm sure, but I personally have a distaste for musicals. The trailer minimizes that aspect. Concerts? Yay! But no musicals.
    edited March 2020
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,861administrator
    wg45678 said:
    FTA: "Central Park," created by Bob's Burgers creator Loren Bouchard,
    fastasleeplolliverBeats
  • Reply 6 of 8
    The old lady with the dog looks like The Mother animation from Pink Floyd The Wall.
    razorpit
  • Reply 7 of 8
    BeatsBeats Posts: 3,073member
    wg45678 said:

It's literally the same universe with some character overlap.

With that said it's a different story. No restaurant and different main characters.
    fastasleeplolliver
  • Reply 8 of 8
    looks interesting. can’t wait.