Apple offers 10% bonus when you add funds to Apple IDs

Posted:
in iOS
Apple is giving iPhone and iPad users in self-isolation a way to save money on App Store and other Apple ecosystem purchases, by offering a 10% bonus when customers add funds to their Apple ID.

The ongoing coronavirus pandemic has forced companies to send employees out from offices and to work from home, while schools around the world are conducting similar measures with children. Government advice to stay home and to not gather with other people has led to more people using their iPhones and iPads for work, education, and entertainment.

An occasional promotion has been relaunched by Apple, providing those who added credit to their Apple ID an extra bonus amount on top. Purchases will add an extra 10% of credit on top for a fund addition, worth up to $200 in the United States, 200 GBP in the United Kingdom, and up to 300 euro in some European territories, with similar offers provided in a number of other markets.

The bonus will only be applied to one purchase, according to the terms of the offer, meaning it will only apply on the first top-up purchased since the offer's introduction. The offer stands until April 3, 2020, with eligibility of users varying based on their account information and purchase history.

To top-up on an account, open the App Store on an iOS device, tap the user icon in the top-right corner, then Add Funds to Apple ID. Details of the promotion are then shown, with bonus amounts displayed alongside example top-up amounts, though a last option for "Other" provides the ability to select a custom amount of the user's choosing.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    felix01felix01 Posts: 294member
    Why not also apply to the Apple Credit Card?
  • Reply 2 of 12
    And if you have the Apple Credit card as your payment for Apple Service, you still get your 3% cash back (not applied to the 10% kicker). 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 12
    emoelleremoeller Posts: 574member
    This is essentially a 10% discounted iTunes card.  I usually wait until there are 15-20% off deals (usually around the holidays but not always).   Just checking the best deals  ( https://www.cheapcharts.info/us/gift-card-deals ) this is the best deal today, but as you can see from that list others pop of frequently.

Wish Apple would make an infographic showing the relationship and differences between iTunes ID, iTunes Cards, Apple Pay, Apple Card and Apple Cash.  Confusion reigns,  I can't count the number fo times people ask me about this....
    royboywatto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 12
    iOS_Guy80iOS_Guy80 Posts: 813member
    emoeller said:
    This is essentially a 10% discounted iTunes card.  I usually wait until there are 15-20% off deals (usually around the holidays but not always).   Just checking the best deals  ( https://www.cheapcharts.info/us/gift-card-deals ) this is the best deal today, but as you can see from that list others pop of frequently.

Wish Apple would make an infographic showing the relationship and differences between iTunes ID, iTunes Cards, Apple Pay, Apple Card and Apple Cash.  Confusion reigns,  I can't count the number fo times people ask me about this....
    👍
  • Reply 5 of 12
    iOS_Guy80iOS_Guy80 Posts: 813member
    felix01 said:
    Why not also apply to the Apple Credit Card?
    Do you mean the Apple Cash card?
  • Reply 6 of 12
    I don't understand what this is. Can I drop $1000 in and buy a Mac? Odd how it ends April 3rd. Isn't that the rumoured date for the iPhone SE and 14" MBP launch?
  • Reply 7 of 12
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,861administrator
    I don't understand what this is. Can I drop $1000 in and buy a Mac? Odd how it ends April 3rd. Isn't that the rumoured date for the iPhone SE and 14" MBP launch?
    No. You can drop $1000 and buy a lot of television and movies, though.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 8 of 12
    chasmchasm Posts: 3,296member
    Apple ID funds can be used for software and services only. Not hardware.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 9 of 12
    dcgoodcgoo Posts: 280member
    From time to time, Costco offers $100 iTunes cards for $85.  Unfortunately cannot use AppleCard to pay for them.
  • Reply 10 of 12
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    You can also do this on iTunes on a Mac, it's not iOS only.
  • Reply 11 of 12
    jdb8167jdb8167 Posts: 626member
    dcgoo said:
    From time to time, Costco offers $100 iTunes cards for $85.  Unfortunately cannot use AppleCard to pay for them.
    I did $200 on my Apple Card which gets $6 back. So I get $220 iTunes credit for $194. I make that a nearly 12% discount. Not bad. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 12 of 12
    No. You can drop $1000 and buy a lot of television and movies, though.
    The screen shot in the article says that it's capped at $200.
    watto_cobra