France asks Apple to disable iOS security feature for national contact tracing app

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 67
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    gatorguy said:
    crowley said:
    chadbag said:
    Not sure why you put "safety" in quotes, that's what these measures are literally for. There is no dictator in this scenario, Governors are elected leaders charged with protecting their residents. I live in WA which was the first major hotspot, and Michigan has long since passed us in number of deaths. You should be glad you have a leader willing to try and protect as many people as possible. 

And yes, numbers of asymptomatic cases are increasing with testing. That's been predicted since the beginning. That does not mean that thousands of people aren't still dying every day from this thing and that we shouldn't be doing our damndest to protect those who haven't been infected yet, which is a very large number of people regardless.

I put "safety" in quotes, because much of what the MI governor has done is NOT in the name of safety.  There is a dictator in this scenario.  I think you have a reading comprehension problem.  I laid it out clearly.  She is not trying to protect people (in everything she does -- yes some of the measures are reasonable and provide actual protection) -- she is trying out her inner dictator inclinations.

While some of the basic things are done in the name of safety, and are part of expert recommendations and are common to most all the US states (and many parts of the world), she has taken it much further by prohibiting, mandating and doing such things that have no bearing on the health and safety of the residents of MI.  This is born out that the virus rate in MI is not substantially different than all the states that are NOT doing all these expanded, extra prohibitions and stuff people are protesting.
    Can you give an example of an unreasonable restriction that MI has imposed?  I haven't heard anything specific.

F R E E D O M !
    D E M O C R A C Y !
    T H E    A M E R I C A N    W A Y !
    M A G A !

L O L !
    ... Silly things!   Real Americans think that they can go stick their slogans and their AR15's....

Or, to paraphrase Cuomo:   "you're right to do stupid things ends when it puts my life in danger."
    Geez George...
    The article is about France and here you go again frothing at the mouth about Trump who has nothing to do with France. Do you have to detour EVERY thread?

We all know exactly how you feel about anyone "not a Democrat". Give it a rest and maybe stay on topic. Whaddya think, could you?

So, the article is about France huh?   Then Geez!  Learn how to read!   I was responding to someone defending the crazies in Michigan stomping around in their MAGA hats, waving their AR15's that Trump instigated to insurrection in order to push the Michigan governor to open up her state -- even though it would kill people if she did so (but help Trump get re-elected). 

And, if you are implying that every "non-Democrat" is as stupid and crazy as these fools, then yeh I wouldn't have respect for any "non-democrat".  But obviously that isn't true.

So Gator:   "Give it a rest and maybe" stop the personal attacks and insults.   They make you look silly.
  • Reply 62 of 67
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,616member
    gatorguy said:
    crowley said:
    chadbag said:
    Not sure why you put "safety" in quotes, that's what these measures are literally for. There is no dictator in this scenario, Governors are elected leaders charged with protecting their residents. I live in WA which was the first major hotspot, and Michigan has long since passed us in number of deaths. You should be glad you have a leader willing to try and protect as many people as possible. 

And yes, numbers of asymptomatic cases are increasing with testing. That's been predicted since the beginning. That does not mean that thousands of people aren't still dying every day from this thing and that we shouldn't be doing our damndest to protect those who haven't been infected yet, which is a very large number of people regardless.

I put "safety" in quotes, because much of what the MI governor has done is NOT in the name of safety.  There is a dictator in this scenario.  I think you have a reading comprehension problem.  I laid it out clearly.  She is not trying to protect people (in everything she does -- yes some of the measures are reasonable and provide actual protection) -- she is trying out her inner dictator inclinations.

While some of the basic things are done in the name of safety, and are part of expert recommendations and are common to most all the US states (and many parts of the world), she has taken it much further by prohibiting, mandating and doing such things that have no bearing on the health and safety of the residents of MI.  This is born out that the virus rate in MI is not substantially different than all the states that are NOT doing all these expanded, extra prohibitions and stuff people are protesting.
    Can you give an example of an unreasonable restriction that MI has imposed?  I haven't heard anything specific.

F R E E D O M !
    D E M O C R A C Y !
    M A G A !

L O L !
    ... Silly things!   Real Americans think that they can go stick their slogans and their AR15's....

Or, to paraphrase Cuomo:   "you're right to do stupid things ends when it puts my life in danger."
    Geez George...
    The article is about France and here you go again frothing at the mouth about Trump who has nothing to do with France. Do you have to detour EVERY thread?

We all know exactly how you feel about anyone "not a Democrat". Give it a rest and maybe stay on topic. Whaddya think, could you?

I was responding to someone defending the crazies in Michigan stomping around in their MAGA hats, waving their AR15's that Trump instigated to insurrection in order to push the Michigan governor to open up her state -- even though it would kill people if she did so (but help Trump get re-elected). 

And, if you are implying that every "non-Democrat" is as stupid and crazy as these fools, then yeh I wouldn't have respect for any "non-democrat".  
    Trump once again I see. You just can't stop yourself. 

I really don't see the advantage of what France would like to do unless the whole point is wanting to personally identify the contacts and maintain a government record of it. it would certainly not be more private than what Apple/Google are designing. I don't know if the French citizenry will find that less private method acceptable or not. I know some large number here in the US wouldn't.
    edited April 2020
  • Reply 63 of 67
    gatorguy said:
    gatorguy said:
    crowley said:
    chadbag said:

F R E E D O M !
    D E M O C R A C Y !
    M A G A !

L O L !

Geez George...

I was responding to someone defending the crazies in Michigan stomping around in their MAGA hats, waving their AR15's that Trump instigated to insurrection in order to push the Michigan governor to open up her state -- even though it would kill people if she did so (but help Trump get re-elected). 

And, if you are implying that every "non-Democrat" is as stupid and crazy as these fools, then yeh I wouldn't have respect for any "non-democrat".  

I would love to stop.   But you Trumpers keep spreading the right wing propaganda as if it were actually true!

But it's rather typical: one of you throws out some crazy, bullshit propaganda then, when it is challenged you get all huffy and mad.
    edited April 2020
  • Reply 64 of 67
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    gatorguy said:
    gatorguy said:
    crowley said:
    chadbag said:

F R E E D O M !
    D E M O C R A C Y !
    M A G A !

L O L !

Geez George...

I would love to stop.   But you Trumpers keep spreading the right wing propaganda as if it were actually true!

But it's rather typical: one of you throws out some crazy, bullshit propaganda then, when it is challenged you get all huffy and mad.
    No one else is huffy and mad dude.  Calm down.
  • Reply 65 of 67
    crowley said:
    gatorguy said:
    gatorguy said:
    crowley said:
    chadbag said:

F R E E D O M !
    D E M O C R A C Y !
    M A G A !

L O L !

Geez George...

I am neither huffy nor mad.   Just intolerant of right wing lies and propaganda being spread as truth.
    Go untangle your panties.   They're all in a bunch.
  • Reply 66 of 67
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    crowley said:
    gatorguy said:
    gatorguy said:
    crowley said:
    chadbag said:

F R E E D O M !
    D E M O C R A C Y !
    M A G A !

L O L !

Geez George...

I am neither huffy nor mad.   Just intolerant of right wing lies and propaganda being spread as truth.
    This is getting a bit pathetic.  Chill out, we're just trying to have a conversation here.
  • Reply 67 of 67
    crowley said:
    crowley said:
    gatorguy said:
    gatorguy said:
    crowley said:
    chadbag said:

F R E E D O M !
    D E M O C R A C Y !
    M A G A !

L O L !

Geez George...

This is getting a bit pathetic.  Chill out, we're just trying to have a conversation here.

Now THAT I agree with -- this is pathetic.