New 'Behind the Mac' ad spot features Grammy winner James Blake

Posted:
in General Discussion
The latest Apple "Behind the Mac" ad spot features Grammy award-winning artist James Blake at work in his L.A. home studio.

Credit: Apple
Credit: Apple

"Behind the Mac," which debuted in 2018, features a rotating lineup of creatives, artists and musicians using Mac products to get their work done.

In the latest installment of the ad campaign, Blake can be seen working on his latest track, "Are you even real," using Logic Pro X on his MacBook Pro. According to Apple, the singer-songwriter and multi-instrumentalist uses his Mac device to edit, pitch, loop, and layer his latest song.

Earlier in 2020, Apple shared a longer music-related Mac ad. That video, "The Art of Music Production," followed Grammy-nominated music producer Oak Felder as he recorded at various locations with his 16-inch MacBook Pro.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    cornchipcornchip Posts: 1,950member
    That little mouse click at the end is pretty interesting.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    Music is about sounds.   Pleasing sounds.
    A song made by some guy sitting in his living room has all the sound quality of the old singer, songwriter thingees from the 60's -- basically, one voice and one guitar.   Usually it was great words but little in the way of actual music.

Yes, people like Steve Winwood can make themselves sound like a whole band.   But most just sound like the lone voiced singer songwriter....

It's for hobbyists or someone developing a song.   Not for professional, commercial music.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    OK, now they’ve done it. I finally have no idea who this person is.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,420member
    Music is about sounds.   Pleasing sounds.
    A song made by some guy sitting in his living room has all the sound quality of the old singer, songwriter thingees from the 60's -- basically, one voice and one guitar.   Usually it was great words but little in the way of actual music.

Yes, people like Steve Winwood can make themselves sound like a whole band.   But most just sound like the lone voiced singer songwriter....

It's for hobbyists or someone developing a song.   Not for professional, commercial music.
    Okay, gramps. Did you even watch the video? It's only but a snippet of his work, but James Blake produces extremely complex, lush, dense compositions. He's a musical genius, and when he tours he has a full band supporting him. One of the best live performers I've seen.

"some guy sitting in his living room" — GTFO of here.

OK, now they’ve done it. I finally have no idea who this person is.
    I will never understand why people feel the need to broadcast they don't know artist x when there's a post about them. He's been around for more than a decade, released several albums, been nominated for and won tons of awards including a Grammy and two Mercury awards, his album last year was #21 on the Billboard charts, etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Blake_(musician)