Trump demands TikTok sell U.S. arm by September 15 or cease operation

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 46
    CiprolCiprol Posts: 53member
    Just showing the US is going against all the principles it founded, a clear sign of a declining power that needs to use brute bullying tactics to support the ideologues in the Whitehouse. No surprise also, this and similar tactics were also used on Japan during the 80s and 90s to crush Japan's rise, from demonisation of Japan to bullying of its businesses in the US and globally. Sadly for the US, China won't be that pushover as demonstrated by the failed trade war. Time is on China's side and the US nation and its people will suffer for the evils this Trump administration plants. So sad for a nation that had a lot of good.
    muthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 42 of 46
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Ciprol said:
    Just showing the US is going against all the principles it founded, a clear sign of a declining power that needs to use brute bullying tactics to support the ideologues in the Whitehouse. No surprise also, this and similar tactics were also used on Japan during the 80s and 90s to crush Japan's rise, from demonisation of Japan to bullying of its businesses in the US and globally. Sadly for the US, China won't be that pushover as demonstrated by the failed trade war. Time is on China's side and the US nation and its people will suffer for the evils this Trump administration plants. So sad for a nation that had a lot of good.
    I don’t know you, but you sure as hell seem to be shilling for all your worth for China’s side on this.
    edited August 2020 razorpitwatto_cobra
  • Reply 43 of 46
    viclauyyc said:
    Just wait for China to force Apple/Tesla/amazon to sell their Chinese arm of service.

i hate Chinese government and Taitok. But this is no way a fair deal.

hate the chinese government and you hate the chinese people. big mistake,specially if you don’t know any chinese people.
    drop it

• Reply 44 of 46
    razorpitrazorpit Posts: 1,796member
    netling said:
    viclauyyc said:
    Just wait for China to force Apple/Tesla/amazon to sell their Chinese arm of service.

i hate Chinese government and Taitok. But this is no way a fair deal.

China hasn't allowed or kick out; Google, Facebook, Twitter, Apple US servers (All Apple Server must be located in China for Chinese users), Amazon only through allowing exporting they killed Amazon China internally, the list goes on and on and on...  You see China has been GAMING the USA for a long time and Obama, Bush, Democrats, and Republicans have been played!  POTUS is the FIRST president to stand up against them and we need to because they plan on bankrupting us by allowing China brands to overtake U.S. owed brands and are getting away with it.  Amazon has become China bit*h and is the Alibaba of the USA.  Lookup the China UN postal treaty and see how the USA taxpayers subsidize China Post to mail goods from China.  China government subsidies shipping to the USA and we the taxpayer pay to delivered address.  I can ship from Shenzen China to you CHEAPER than I can send from Any USA address to you!!!!!? WTF!
    Microsoft is also forced to have servers in China to service China customers. All that Office 365 data is ‘maintained’ by 21Vianet.
    Huh, I reread Article II of the Constitution and I couldn't find which executive power would allow this.  The closest thing is the tail end of Article II Section 3 that says "he shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed."  I wonder what law asked the President to mandate artificial deadlines for foreign companies to change their (legal) business practices.
    Go reread it. It’s right after the clause that allows all the social engineering the government does.
    rob53 said:
    Huh, I reread Article II of the Constitution and I couldn't find which executive power would allow this.  The closest thing is the tail end of Article II Section 3 that says "he shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed."  I wonder what law asked the President to mandate artificial deadlines for foreign companies to change their (legal) business practices.
    You and I know the current President could care less about the Constitution and probably hasn't even read the first page of it. He continues to act like a CEO without any regard to laws. He gets away with things because nobody is willing to stop him no matter how many laws he breaks.
    What has he done that has gone against the Constitution? Are you referring to all the criminal justice reforms his administration put in place or are you referring to the government takeover of the healthcare system? Or maybe the government takeover of school loan program? The forced closure of car dealerships? The sale of classified defense and military technology to a communist dictatorship? None of that was this administration.

SpamSandwichwatto_cobra
  • Reply 45 of 46
    ronnronn Posts: 653member
    Of course China isn't happy with 45's shenanigans

US administration's smash and grab of TikTok will not be taken lying down: China Daily editorial

http://global.chinadaily.com.cn/a/202008/03/WS5f2810e3a31083481725de72.html

The end of the editorial:

But China will by no means accept the "theft" of a Chinese technology company, and it has plenty of ways to respond if the administration carries out its planned smash and grab.
  • Reply 46 of 46
    kmareikmarei Posts: 179member
    sdw2001 said:
    kmarei said:

kmarei said:
    So much for the US pushing other countries for free market 
    Then the US makes ultimatums like this
    so it’s free market, but only if it benefits the US
    thats not a free market
    Markets of nearly every kind are regulated in the US. Spare me the handwringing.
    Regulated is one thing, but I don’t recall any other country saying a private company has to be sold to a different country before .
    regulations like tariffs, taxes, etc are common
    this also looks a lot worse if it’s sold to an American company

Looks worse to whom?  It’s the communist party of China.  Who cares what people think?
    This might come as a shock to you, but there are other countries on this planet other than the US and China.
    And the US is always pushing for free markets, but it seems that’s only when it benefits the US.
    hypocrisy much?