Apple shuts down Epic Games developer account

12346»

Comments

  • Reply 101 of 107
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,699member
    gatorguy said:
    dewme said:
    Naiyas said:
    Beats said:
    Quench,  so you believe that Apple owns a piece of all revenues from anything on their devices?

    wasnt that way with Macs and ought not be a walled garden with a 30% Apple tax.   iPads and phones ought not be so locked down,  it is anti consumer 


    quench said:
    So Epic agreed to the contract because they know Apple has an enormous base of customers. Then epic got greedy and thought they could be dishonorable and cheat the company (Apple) that helped them become a worldwide sensation.
    epic you suck for your dishonesty, lying to customers when you blamed Apple for the situation that you forced onto itself, stealing from the company that made you extremely wealthy. 
    I don’t care what quality games you produce, I will not support a greedy, lying, stealing company ever again.
    I'm done with you epic!


    If that's an "Apple Tax" then let's be fair.

    Wal-Mart Tax
    Amazon Tax
    Nintendo Tax
    Microsoft Tax
    Target Tax
    Home Depot Tax
    Kroger Tax
    Best Buy Tax

    So stupid.
    Don’t forget the Epic Tax in their own store!
    Calling something a “tax” is simply word chaff meant to elicit an emotional reaction. Applying a smidgin of critical thought neutralizes this ploy, and in this case, it’s totally irrelevant. From a developer perspective Apple’s 30% charge is simply a cost of doing business. It’s not different than having to pay UPS or USPS to ship packages to customers.

    If having to fork over 30% of your app’s price to Apple erases your profitability then you have serious problem, like improperly pricing your app (a marketing blunder), inability to compete (a product blunder), lackluster appeal, or excessive development and overhead costs in your business that prevent you from making a profit. The reason that these accusations apply is because all of your competitors are subject to the same Apple-related costs of doing business.
    FunFact:
    Surveys claim as many as 99.9 percent of mobile applications that appear on the App Store cost more to make than they ever receive back in App Store revenue.



    Another FunFact:

    99.9 per cent of people who make up a statistic on the spot, will attach '99.9 per cent' as the value of the statistic they're making up.

    However, it is worth pointing out to folk who don't know anything about the App Store that the vast majority of apps are free, which means Apple is footing the bill for curation and distribution through content delivery networks. 

    The other point is that many developers choose to give their apps away rather than charge for them, as the app is a side hobby which might lead to more lucrative contract work.

    I've built a few open source apps that I didn't charge for simply because it allowed me to learn new skills that I could put down on my CV,

    edited August 2020 watto_cobraDetnator
  • Reply 102 of 107
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,408member
    Geez, what idiots are these guys.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 103 of 107
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 22,827member
    Rayz2016 said:
    gatorguy said:
    dewme said:
    Naiyas said:
    Beats said:
    Quench,  so you believe that Apple owns a piece of all revenues from anything on their devices?

    wasnt that way with Macs and ought not be a walled garden with a 30% Apple tax.   iPads and phones ought not be so locked down,  it is anti consumer 


    quench said:
    So Epic agreed to the contract because they know Apple has an enormous base of customers. Then epic got greedy and thought they could be dishonorable and cheat the company (Apple) that helped them become a worldwide sensation.
    epic you suck for your dishonesty, lying to customers when you blamed Apple for the situation that you forced onto itself, stealing from the company that made you extremely wealthy. 
    I don’t care what quality games you produce, I will not support a greedy, lying, stealing company ever again.
    I'm done with you epic!


    If that's an "Apple Tax" then let's be fair.

    Wal-Mart Tax
    Amazon Tax
    Nintendo Tax
    Microsoft Tax
    Target Tax
    Home Depot Tax
    Kroger Tax
    Best Buy Tax

    So stupid.
    Don’t forget the Epic Tax in their own store!
    Calling something a “tax” is simply word chaff meant to elicit an emotional reaction. Applying a smidgin of critical thought neutralizes this ploy, and in this case, it’s totally irrelevant. From a developer perspective Apple’s 30% charge is simply a cost of doing business. It’s not different than having to pay UPS or USPS to ship packages to customers.

    If having to fork over 30% of your app’s price to Apple erases your profitability then you have serious problem, like improperly pricing your app (a marketing blunder), inability to compete (a product blunder), lackluster appeal, or excessive development and overhead costs in your business that prevent you from making a profit. The reason that these accusations apply is because all of your competitors are subject to the same Apple-related costs of doing business.
    FunFact:
    Surveys claim as many as 99.9 percent of mobile applications that appear on the App Store cost more to make than they ever receive back in App Store revenue.



    Another FunFact:

    99.9 per cent of people who make up a statistic on the spot, will attach '99.9 per cent' as the value of the statistic they're making up.
    LOL. You didn't bother looking for yourself, instead making up an argument which I hope isn't' what 99% of other people do

    I'll give you a start at the lowest end of the estimates which is the 99.9% I referred to. It doesn't rise much from there no matter what stat source you want to use
    https://www.startupgrind.com/blog/9999-in-10000-mobile-apps-will-fail-heres-why/
  • Reply 104 of 107
    gatorguy said:
    Rayz2016 said:
    gatorguy said:
    dewme said:
    Naiyas said:
    Beats said:
    Quench,  so you believe that Apple owns a piece of all revenues from anything on their devices?

    wasnt that way with Macs and ought not be a walled garden with a 30% Apple tax.   iPads and phones ought not be so locked down,  it is anti consumer 


    quench said:
    So Epic agreed to the contract because they know Apple has an enormous base of customers. Then epic got greedy and thought they could be dishonorable and cheat the company (Apple) that helped them become a worldwide sensation.
    epic you suck for your dishonesty, lying to customers when you blamed Apple for the situation that you forced onto itself, stealing from the company that made you extremely wealthy. 
    I don’t care what quality games you produce, I will not support a greedy, lying, stealing company ever again.
    I'm done with you epic!


    If that's an "Apple Tax" then let's be fair.

    Wal-Mart Tax
    Amazon Tax
    Nintendo Tax
    Microsoft Tax
    Target Tax
    Home Depot Tax
    Kroger Tax
    Best Buy Tax

    So stupid.
    Don’t forget the Epic Tax in their own store!
    Calling something a “tax” is simply word chaff meant to elicit an emotional reaction. Applying a smidgin of critical thought neutralizes this ploy, and in this case, it’s totally irrelevant. From a developer perspective Apple’s 30% charge is simply a cost of doing business. It’s not different than having to pay UPS or USPS to ship packages to customers.

    If having to fork over 30% of your app’s price to Apple erases your profitability then you have serious problem, like improperly pricing your app (a marketing blunder), inability to compete (a product blunder), lackluster appeal, or excessive development and overhead costs in your business that prevent you from making a profit. The reason that these accusations apply is because all of your competitors are subject to the same Apple-related costs of doing business.
    FunFact:
    Surveys claim as many as 99.9 percent of mobile applications that appear on the App Store cost more to make than they ever receive back in App Store revenue.



    Another FunFact:

    99.9 per cent of people who make up a statistic on the spot, will attach '99.9 per cent' as the value of the statistic they're making up.
    LOL. You didn't bother looking for yourself, instead making up an argument which I hope isn't' what 99% of other people do

    I'll give you a start at the lowest end of the estimates which is the 99.9% I referred to. It doesn't rise much from there no matter what stat source you want to use
    https://www.startupgrind.com/blog/9999-in-10000-mobile-apps-will-fail-heres-why/
    It’s still not real clear what point you’re trying to get at here. If you click through a couple of levels of your link, the point is made that it’s cheaper and easier to develop apps for iOS than it is for Android, and iOS customers are more likely to actually spend money on an app.

    If your point is that it’s not easy to make money (much less a lot of money) from developing mobile apps, well sure. That ought to be obvious.  If you’re somehow trying to infer that Apple’s App Store is a barrier to that goal, well, no, it’s not. It’s actually the better environment, and many developers start there first because the path is more direct and the prospect of making any money at all is greater than it is in Android-world. Also, it’s sure as heck is better than it was before Apple created the modern concept of a standardized, quality-checked, onboard application store. 
    watto_cobraDetnator
  • Reply 105 of 107
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 22,827member
    AppleZulu said:
    gatorguy said:
    Rayz2016 said:
    gatorguy said:
    dewme said:
    Naiyas said:
    Beats said:
    Quench,  so you believe that Apple owns a piece of all revenues from anything on their devices?

    wasnt that way with Macs and ought not be a walled garden with a 30% Apple tax.   iPads and phones ought not be so locked down,  it is anti consumer 


    quench said:
    So Epic agreed to the contract because they know Apple has an enormous base of customers. Then epic got greedy and thought they could be dishonorable and cheat the company (Apple) that helped them become a worldwide sensation.
    epic you suck for your dishonesty, lying to customers when you blamed Apple for the situation that you forced onto itself, stealing from the company that made you extremely wealthy. 
    I don’t care what quality games you produce, I will not support a greedy, lying, stealing company ever again.
    I'm done with you epic!


    If that's an "Apple Tax" then let's be fair.

    Wal-Mart Tax
    Amazon Tax
    Nintendo Tax
    Microsoft Tax
    Target Tax
    Home Depot Tax
    Kroger Tax
    Best Buy Tax

    So stupid.
    Don’t forget the Epic Tax in their own store!
    Calling something a “tax” is simply word chaff meant to elicit an emotional reaction. Applying a smidgin of critical thought neutralizes this ploy, and in this case, it’s totally irrelevant. From a developer perspective Apple’s 30% charge is simply a cost of doing business. It’s not different than having to pay UPS or USPS to ship packages to customers.

    If having to fork over 30% of your app’s price to Apple erases your profitability then you have serious problem, like improperly pricing your app (a marketing blunder), inability to compete (a product blunder), lackluster appeal, or excessive development and overhead costs in your business that prevent you from making a profit. The reason that these accusations apply is because all of your competitors are subject to the same Apple-related costs of doing business.
    FunFact:
    Surveys claim as many as 99.9 percent of mobile applications that appear on the App Store cost more to make than they ever receive back in App Store revenue.



    Another FunFact:

    99.9 per cent of people who make up a statistic on the spot, will attach '99.9 per cent' as the value of the statistic they're making up.
    LOL. You didn't bother looking for yourself, instead making up an argument which I hope isn't' what 99% of other people do

    I'll give you a start at the lowest end of the estimates which is the 99.9% I referred to. It doesn't rise much from there no matter what stat source you want to use
    https://www.startupgrind.com/blog/9999-in-10000-mobile-apps-will-fail-heres-why/
    It’s still not real clear what point you’re trying to get at here.
    If your point is that it’s not easy to make money (much less a lot of money) from developing mobile apps, well sure. 
    Bingo! Go back to the original post I was responding to and my point would be immediately obvious. Context. The OP implied it was far easier than you and I believe it to be.
    https://forums.appleinsider.com/discussion/comment/3259434/#Comment_3259434
    edited August 2020
  • Reply 106 of 107
    johnbear said:
    30% tax on the AppStore. 
    $1000 monitor stand!
    Wait till next year when the gov will step in to control these unscrupulous companies.

    Missed by a mile. That Apple monitor stand, not a developers product.

    watto_cobra
Sign In or Register to comment.