Best Buy lists 'iPhone SE Plus' screen protector ahead of Apple Event

Posted:
in General Discussion edited September 2020
In what may be wishful thinking, Best Buy's brand Insignia is selling a screen protector for an unreleased "iPhone SE Plus" on its website hours prior to the "Time Flies" Apple Event.

iPhone SE Plus listing on Best Buy
iPhone SE Plus listing on Best Buy

Apple is not expected to announce any iPhones at the Time Flies event, yet Best Buy has listed an "iPhone SE Plus" screen protector in its store. The larger iPhone SE has been rumored by Ming-Chi Kuo in the past, though he has estimated an early 2021 release.

The listing is under a Best Buy house brand called Insignia, and lists the product as the "Glass Screen Protector for iPhone SE Plus 2020- Clear." The product name does not match the compatibility list though, as it lists the iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7 Plus, and iPhone 6 Plus.

Best Buy has been producing screen protectors for this size iPhone for a half a decade, since prior to the iPhone 6 Plus device's release.

When it is ultimately released, Apple's "iPhone SE Plus" is expected to have the same body style as the iPhone 8 Plus. Case and accessory makers release products for unreleased Apple devices like this to try and be the first to market in case of a release.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Am I seeing things, or is the notch askew? 
    edited September 2020 watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,861administrator
    peterhart said:
    Am I seeing things, or is the notch askew? 
    You're right. The notch is a photo edit on Best Buy's part.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 5
    wood1208wood1208 Posts: 2,913member
    After 10AM PST time, it might be clear that moving Touch ID on the side(power button) of iPad Air 4 will inspire Apple to do the same for the next iPhone SE phones. That can easily increase screen area without increasing frame size. Cool !

razorpitwatto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 5
    wood1208 said:
    After 10AM PST time, it might be clear that moving Touch ID on the side(power button) of iPad Air 4 will inspire Apple to do the same for the next iPhone SE phones. That can easily increase screen area without increasing frame size. Cool !

No. If Apple was gonna go this route they would have done so in 2017 when they introduced Face ID. I think they will introduce Touch ID under the screen. 
  • Reply 5 of 5
    razorpitrazorpit Posts: 1,796member
    tshapi said:
    wood1208 said:

No. If Apple was gonna go this route they would have done so in 2017 when they introduced Face ID. I think they will introduce Touch ID under the screen. 
    If Apple were going to go in-screen wouldn't they have done that now instead of introducing a whole new sensor?
    watto_cobra