Entire Apple Watch Series 6 package must be returned if Solo Loop, Braided Solo Loop don't...

Comments

• Reply 21 of 57
    XedXed Posts: 2,575member
    flydog said:
    jcc said:
    Blame Cook. He doesn’t know what he’s doing with product and customer service.
    Really?  This is how returns have worked since the dawn of retail.   If you buy a TV and the remote is broken, you need to return the entire TV and exchange it for a new one.   

And what's the difference?  You get a new watch along with the correct band.  The only one who seems to be losing out here is Apple. 

Get a clue.
    jcc's comment is ridiculous considering how well Apple is managed, but this enviable issue with people sizing bands incorrectly is something Apple should've considered before launch as this does cost them money. Not only are there shipping costs, but there people that will need to validate the Watches being sent to them, and then they can't sell them again as new. This just isn't good longterm.

I don't think if you called a vendor because your TV remote stopped working that they'd require you to box up your 85" TV to send it back to them.
    caladanianbeowulfschmidt
  • Reply 22 of 57
    XedXed Posts: 2,575member
    No charger to save e-waste but have to return the whole watch to exchange a band. Yes Apple really cares. 
    I wouldn't conflate the two. It's a logistics oversight, but it's correctable.
    ronnrandominternetperson
  • Reply 23 of 57
    DrummerladDrummerlad Posts: 20unconfirmed, member
    Betcha this backfires.  It’s one of Apples worst moves in recent memory, and completely a hassle.  How stupid!  I ordered braided, bet it doesn’t fit! That’s gonna be a fun phone conversation.  
  • Reply 24 of 57
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,168member
    jcc said:
    I for one, salute your tongue in cheek irony. 
    Watch it though, some others took you literally.
    ronn
  • Reply 25 of 57
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    I can’t remember the last time I’ve seen this level of entitled whining in a single thread. 

Wait, hang on … yeah, that would be last week. 

I suspect that folk are bummed because they’ve suddenly discovered they don’t have the manly wrists they thought they did. I got over it years ago. 

hammeroftruthronnpscooter63dewmerandominternetpersonevilution
  • Reply 26 of 57
    iqatedoiqatedo Posts: 1,824member
    What happens to returned units?
  • Reply 27 of 57
    LOL...I had a defective right AirPod Pro and received a replacement delivery from Apple in less than 24 hours at a time when Amazon had completely abandoned 2 day delivery because of the pandemic. They're complaining because they ordered at launch and can't get an immediate full replacement, not because Apple has bad customer service. It really has nothing to do with the wrist band aspect. 

edited September 2020 ronnpscooter63randominternetperson
  • Reply 28 of 57
    Xed said: jcc's comment is ridiculous considering how well Apple is managed, but this enviable issue with people sizing bands incorrectly is something Apple should've considered before launch as this does cost them money. 
    Shouldn't customers like Eli Hodapp, former editor of Touch Arcade and co-founder of the Game Club app, have realized that buying a launch product = constrained supply for replacements? Replacing the entire watch/band is not bad customer service. It's the opposite. 
    ronn
  • Reply 29 of 57
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    "Nightmare" is something of an exaggeration, though this is pretty stupid.
  • Reply 30 of 57
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    fallenjt said:
    Lame ass product. Seriously, who the fck want to measure the wrist in order to order the band? 
    Since Jon Ivy left, Apple design team started create shitty products. What a shame!
    Your clothes must fit well.
    elijahgDogpersonking editor the grateronnpscooter63MplsP
  • Reply 31 of 57
    elijahgelijahg Posts: 2,759member
    tommikele said:

elijahg said:
    flydog said:
    jcc said:
    Really?  This is how returns have worked since the dawn of retail.   If you buy a TV and the remote is broken, you need to return the entire TV and exchange it for a new one.   

And what's the difference?  You get a new watch along with the correct band.  The only one who seems to be losing out here is Apple. 

Get a clue.
    No it's not. When a Macbook PSU fails Apple doesn't replace the entire Macbook. When a lightning cable fails Apple doesn't replace the iPhone it came with. People are losing out because they are having to wait months for a replacement. Get a clue.
    You should have used the sizer tool on the Apple website. I did and it gave me a perfect fit. You screwed it up and now you wait because it’s on back order. Too bad, stop whining.

Get a clue.
    Well no, because I am happy with my S4. So no screw up by me, your attempted ridicule just fell pretty flat. Oops. But unlike you, I can see how people could be affected by this. You must be under the impression the author of the article is "whining" too?
    edited September 2020 gatorguy
  • Reply 32 of 57
    elijahgelijahg Posts: 2,759member
    LOL...I had a defective right AirPod Pro and received a replacement delivery from Apple in less than 24 hours at a time when Amazon had completely abandoned 2 day delivery because of the pandemic. They're complaining because they ordered at launch and can't get an immediate full replacement, not because Apple has bad customer service. It really has nothing to do with the wrist band aspect.
    No, they're complaining because they have to get a full replacement when they just want a different sized band.
    Xed said: jcc's comment is ridiculous considering how well Apple is managed, but this enviable issue with people sizing bands incorrectly is something Apple should've considered before launch as this does cost them money. 
    Shouldn't customers like Eli Hodapp, former editor of Touch Arcade and co-founder of the Game Club app, have realized that buying a launch product = constrained supply for replacements? Replacing the entire watch/band is not bad customer service. It's the opposite. 
    It's good customer experience to have no watch for a month+ because Apple wants to replace the entire watch with the band? You've an odd idea of good customer experience.
    edited September 2020
  • Reply 33 of 57
    Sheesh, people sure like to whine over trivial things. This product has been out for less than a week.  Sure it would have been better to have an optimal lauch-day experience but a) I bet if you walked into an Apple Store (not an option for everyone, I know) it would have been handled quickly and easily and b) I expect this will be tweaked in the coming months.  As others have pointed out this is costing Apple either in time and effort (if they give you back the original watch--as they should) and potentially additional cost (if they aren't and now have a bunch of "refurbished" stock).
    foregoneconclusionronnpscooter63
  • Reply 34 of 57
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,214member
    Xed said:
    flydog said:
    jcc said:

Get a clue.
    jcc's comment is ridiculous considering how well Apple is managed...
    I thought he was joking. 
    ronn
  • Reply 35 of 57
    Yes Apple could handle this better. But since they don't, buy a different band and sell the ill fitting one on ebay if you don't want to wait for a new watch. One might even sell it for a profit since some bands are also taking weeks to ship.
    edited September 2020 ronnpscooter63
  • Reply 36 of 57
    elijahg said:
    No, they're complaining because they have to get a full replacement when they just want a different sized band.
    ----
    It's good customer experience to have no watch for a month+ because Apple wants to replace the entire watch with the band? You've an odd idea of good customer experience.
    No, they're complaining because the full replacement takes longer than normal due to the Series 6 being a launch product with constrained supplies. That's it. A non-launch watch would have a short turnaround time for full replacement. In other words, it doesn't make a difference that you have to return the entire product under normal circumstances. There's nothing wrong with that approach from a customer service standpoint. 
    edited September 2020 randominternetpersonronnpscooter63
  • Reply 37 of 57
    One might even sell it for a profit since some bands are also taking weeks to ship.
    And that's the point some people are missing as well: there's no reason to think the new bands aren't constrained at launch too. People are just assuming that Apple has the stock to replace all the bands from full watch purchases + individual band purchases in a matter of days. That probably isn't the case. 
    ronn
  • Reply 38 of 57
    It bothers me a bit -- does it, anyone else? -- that the conversation surrounding the company that produced the iMac, iPod, iPhone, iPad, Watch, and AirPods -- is now mostly around watch bands, # cameras on the phone (when not discussing phone size or color),  and bundling of some so-so subscription services. The angst is clearly reflected in AI's poor commenter participation numbers, which have been on a downward spiral.

Admittedly, this is not just an Apple issue: with the exception of Tesla, none of the FAANTAMs have had much to say or offer recently, except marginal tweaks.

Waiting for the NBT....
    elijahg
  • Reply 39 of 57
    flydog said:
    jcc said:

Get a clue.
    Out of two TVs I've bought over the years that have had broken remotes, I've had to return exactly zero of them to get that remote replaced.  In both cases, the company shipped me a new remote, no charge.  In one case, they didn't even want the old one back.
  • Reply 40 of 57

Requiring the Watch and band be returned  lessens the opportunity for scammers to profit from returning only the band.. it also forces customers to pay more attention to what they are purchasing. 
    How does a scammer profit from returning just the band?