Billie Eilish documentary release on Apple TV+ set for February 2021

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
Apple will be releasing the Billie Eilish documentary "The World's A Little Blurry in February 2021, with the film about the singer-songwriter's life set to appear in theaters as well as on Apple TV+.

Billie Eilish
Billie Eilish

Teased on the Apple TV YouTube channel, the documentary will show the life of Eilish, including what has happened to the musical star since the release of her award-winning debut album "When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?" in 2019.

Few details about the documentary's content are offered in the teaser, which largely consists of a date and title reveal, as well as Eilish's singing. Toward the end of the video is a clip of a young Eilish as a child, sat in front of a piano, hinting that it will cover aspects of her childhood.

The film is from Apple Original Films, in association with Interscope Films, Darkroom, This Machine, and Lighthouse Management & Media. It is directed by award-winning filmmaker R.J. Cutler.

At launch, the film will be available to view both in theaters and via Apple TV .

The first details of a Billie Eilish film surfaced in December 2019, when Apple reportedly signed a deal for the exclusive rights to the documentary for approximately $25 million.

The documentary is the latest in a number of ways Eilish has been involved with Apple, including winning at the first Apple Music Awards and taking part in a live stream from the Steve Jobs Theater for Apple Music. She has also played a part in "Today at Apple" Music Lab sessions.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 31
    Do we need to stare at that emo glare for a whole  show?  Must be hard to smile when you're a young millionaire in 2020...
    williamlondonlkrupprosse59harry wildJblank74watto_cobrarazorpit
  • Reply 2 of 31
    These are the reasons why barely anyone has actually subscribed to Apple TV+
    williamlondonchemengin1SpamSandwichbuttesilverrosse59harry wildsteve_jobsJblank74razorpit
  • Reply 3 of 31
    Thank god.  I've been waiting so many years for this.
    buttesilverrosse59steve_jobsJblank74
  • Reply 4 of 31
    XedXed Posts: 2,543member
    That's a lot of bitterness for so few posts. I don't usually watch documentaries about living people, especially musicians, but Billie and Finneas are such a rarity of talent and success that I may check this one out.
    edited September 2020 steve_jobsbeowulfschmidtOferroundaboutnowBeatsdewmefastasleepbyronlwatto_cobraapplguy
  • Reply 5 of 31
    Most overrated new “artist” since the last one.
    civabuttesilverrosse59harry wildsteve_jobsJblank74razorpit
  • Reply 6 of 31
    Thank god.  I've been waiting so many years for this.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    buttesilverrosse59harry wildJblank74
  • Reply 7 of 31
    Xed said:
    That's a lot of bitterness for so few posts. I don't usually watch documentaries about living people, especially musicians, but Billie and Finneas are such a rarity of talent and success that I may check this one out.
    Unless you're talking about Phineas and Ferb, I don't think anyone is interested. 
    buttesilverrosse59Jblank74SpamSandwich
  • Reply 8 of 31
    I'll get many an "OK Boomer" but really, couldn't be more glad I grew up in the 70's...1970's :)
    civarosse59Jblank74watto_cobrarazorpit
  • Reply 9 of 31
    fred1fred1 Posts: 1,112member
    I thought I wanted to see this until I saw the trailer. Just when does the axe murderer come out of the bushes?  Creepy!
    civaharry wildwatto_cobra
  • Reply 10 of 31
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    I was feeling happy until I saw her.
    harry wildking editor the grateJblank74watto_cobrarazorpit
  • Reply 11 of 31
    I really do not know how Apple TV+ come up with such creepy people and subject matters to do documentaries on them!  Billie Eilish seems to be one strange young female singer and songwriter in looks and demeanor!   Apple TV+ producers seem to have exotic type tastes!
    Jblank74
  • Reply 12 of 31
    BeatsBeats Posts: 3,073member
    What STUPID and IGNORANT comments.

Apple scores a documentary of one of the biggest female artists and everyone is bi***ing? This is a complete 180 of Oprah and you guys still complain.

When I read the headline I thought "finally! Something that appeals to the masses" and I read nothing but complaints from people who stopped following music 50 years. So let me get this straight, you guys complain that Apple TV+ doesn't have enough subscribers and yet complain if they appeal to the masses.
    XedbyronlroundaboutnowGG1beowulfschmidtasdasdapplguylolliver
  • Reply 13 of 31
    Bunch of salty neckbeards in this forum. 
    byronlwatto_cobraGG1asdasdlolliver
  • Reply 14 of 31
    oh my god guys leave billie alone
    watto_cobraasdasdlolliver
  • Reply 15 of 31
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Weird trailer, but Billie is cool.  I'll probably check it out.
    watto_cobraasdasd
  • Reply 16 of 31
    Do not want. Got she’s so morose and so mumbly I really don’t know why anyone gives two dumps about her. All the amazing bands and artists and they choose Uber emo sour puss up there. SMH. 

watto_cobrarazorpitharry wild
  • Reply 17 of 31
    fred1fred1 Posts: 1,112member
    Beats said:

Apple scores a documentary of one of the biggest female artists and everyone is bi***ing? This is a complete 180 of Oprah and you guys still complain.

When I read the headline I thought "finally! Something that appeals to the masses" and I read nothing but complaints from people who stopped following music 50 years. So let me get this straight, you guys complain that Apple TV+ doesn't have enough subscribers and yet complain if they appeal to the masses.
    Well, at least you can accept other people’s thoughts and opinions on a subject without being overly critical! That’s so sweet. It’s too bad that you failed to understand that I and others are not dissing the artist, but the way this documentary seems to have been made, judging from the trailer. Thank you for maintaining a civil level of dialogue. /s /s / s
    watto_cobrarazorpit
  • Reply 18 of 31
    Billie who?
    watto_cobraharry wild[Deleted User]
  • Reply 19 of 31
    fred1 said:
    Beats said:

Well, at least you can accept other people’s thoughts and opinions on a subject without being overly critical! That’s so sweet. It’s too bad that you failed to understand that I and others are not dissing the artist, but the way this documentary seems to have been made, judging from the trailer. Thank you for maintaining a civil level of dialogue. /s /s / s
    Exactly.  Who is "bitching"?  I have nothing against BE.  I listened to her tunes after she won the Apple Music awards and I rather like them.

Also, I have no problem with Apple having a documentary about her.  If people want to watch that, awesome.

But it's rather silly comment-worthy that there is a documentary about an artist this early in her career.  
    razorpitdewme
  • Reply 20 of 31
    Is she ptotic? Droopy eyelids in every picture...
    edited September 2020