Apple releases tvOS 14.1 to support new devices [u]

Posted:
in General Discussion edited October 2020
Apple released the tvOS 14.1 update during its iPhone 12 event on Tuesday, which includes support for new devices.

tvOS 14.1 has Apple One support
tvOS 14.1 has Apple One support

The update comes after Apple released developer betas for tvOS 14.2, which did not contain information about Apple One or new devices. The release was kept from beta testing to keep new device features hidden, like those of the newly launched iPhone 12.

Apple also released updates for iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 with support for Apple One, the iPhone 12, and iPad Air 4.

Update 4:49 P.M. ET After a brief availability, the update appears to have been pulled. An update file remains on Apple's servers, but is no longer being hosted to users. A graphic reflecting the availability of the update still exists, and is posted in the forums.

Update October 14, 6:48 A.M. ET: "The tvOS 14.1 and iOS 14.1 updates were briefly and inadvertently published on the main release channel," a source inside Apple corporate not authorized to speak on behalf of the company told AppleInsider overnight.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    moracmorac Posts: 22member
    I’m not seeing 14.1 offered on my Apple TV 4K. 
  • Reply 2 of 7
    BeatsBeats Posts: 3,073member
    I wonder how good a stereo pair of HomerPod Minis will sound? Could be a sleek Home Theater option.
    peterhart
  • Reply 3 of 7
    JFC_PAJFC_PA Posts: 932member
    morac said:
    Same, regional rollouts to avoid crashing the servers is normal enough. 
    Beats
  • Reply 4 of 7
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    morac said:
    Patience is a virtue. It takes time for updates to propagate server farms
  • Reply 5 of 7
    elijahgelijahg Posts: 2,759member
    I don't know where AI gets its info but it's not out for me and  Apple's own website shows 14.0.2 is the latest version.
    peterhart
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,861administrator
    elijahg said:
    I don't know where AI gets its info but it's not out for me and  Apple's own website shows 14.0.2 is the latest version.
    it is absolutely on the CDN. We'll look into it overnight, and make some calls, as the entire Apple CDN is getting hammered at the moment.

Note what's listed as Beta and what isn't.

edited October 2020
  • Reply 7 of 7
    elijahgelijahg Posts: 2,759member
    elijahg said:
    it is absolutely on the CDN. We'll look into it overnight, and make some calls, as the entire Apple CDN is getting hammered at the moment.

Note what's listed as Beta and what isn't.

That's interesting, and it's interesting too that they've pulled it so soon after release. I don't recall such a quick pulling before. Also it is a bit weird that the HomePod is still on 13.x, but the developer betas are on 14.2, maybe it was something to do with the HP mini's release.
This discussion has been closed.