Adobe updates Photoshop, Illustrator, Fresco with collaborative tool enhancements

Posted:
in General Discussion
On Tuesday, Adobe rolled out updates for Photoshop, Illustrator, and Fresco, and beyond bug fixes, it has added significantly to its "Invite to Edit" feature.

Invite to Edit allows users to edit files across desktop, iPad, and iPhone apps asynchronously. Collaborators can now edit shared cloud documents one at a time. Users will need to save their files to the cloud and send invitations for others to edit them. Shared documents can be accessed via assets.adobe.com, as well as the Creative Cloud Desktop app. The new feature is available for Illustrator, Photoshop, and Fresco.

Adobe has also added preset syncing to Photoshop, allowing users to sync brushes, swatches, gradients, patterns, styles, and shapes across devices. Users can turn preset syncing on and off in Photoshop's Preferences, under the general category.

Preset Sync is available on desktop versions for both macOS and Windows. Adobe plans on adding Preset Sync to the iPad version soon.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    JinTechJinTech Posts: 1,020member
    Preset Sync is available on desktop versions for both macOS and Windows. Adobe plans on adding Preset Sync to the iPad version soon.
    I expect Adobe to be completely finished with their transition to Apple Silicon by the year 2023 at the earliest.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    rob53rob53 Posts: 3,241member
    JinTech said:
    I expect Adobe to be completely finished with their transition to Apple Silicon by the year 2023 at the earliest.
    I think you’re being optimistic. Crazy thing is Adobe has active iOS apps which means they’ve already started converting apps. 
  • Reply 3 of 6
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,718member
    Glad to see they have addressed the crashing.  Photoshop was crashing like crazy on my rig.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,718member
    rob53 said:
    JinTech said:
    I think you’re being optimistic. Crazy thing is Adobe has active iOS apps which means they’ve already started converting apps. 
    Hopefully, Photoshop will be fully siliconized soon, that is surely the priority.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,152member
    The priority is anything other than Adobe.  If anyone ever manages to break the lock grip that sluggish dinosaur has on the market they will deserve beatification.
    edited February 2021 danox
  • Reply 6 of 6
    JinTechJinTech Posts: 1,020member
    rob53 said:
    JinTech said:
    And sadly I think they will be going backwards. Using the iPad apps to build the Apple Silicon apps. I'm done with Adobe. Affinity and Pixelmator are absolutely incredible developers and at a fraction of the cost and best of all, 100% Apple Silicon native! I just wish more design houses and freelance artists would wake up.