Win the Apple Watch Heart Month fitness challenge with an hour of exercise

Posted:
in Apple Watch
Apple Watch owners are being challenged to get some exercise on Valentine's Day, with an hour of effort rewarding them with the Heart Month Challenge badge for 2021.

Previously advised in an Apple Watch notification and also appearing in the Fitness app on iPhone, the limited edition Heart Month Challenge award basically boils down to how much exercise a user undertakes on Sunday. Apple marks American Heart Month every February, with most previous challenges involving Valentine's Day in some form.

For 2021, the award advises "Show your heart some love. Get this award by earning 60 minutes on your Exercise ring this Valentine's Day, 14 February."

Completing the award before midnight gains the 2021 iteration of the Heart Month Challenge award, which features both the green Exercise Ring and a heart symbol. Special stickers are also unlocked in Messages for those accomplishing the challenge.

This is not the only challenge that Apple Watch users can undertake in February. The Unity Challenge for Black History Month offers an award for anyone who closes their Move ring seven days in a row.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 24
    I have 60 min of exercise but have not been awarded the feb heart award   Reaching out to Apple support. 
  • Reply 2 of 24
    I completed the 60 min exercise and have not received the award
  • Reply 3 of 24
    I have 60 min of exercise but have not been awarded the feb heart award   Reaching out to Apple support. 
    Same here, I have 74 minutes for the day, 60-61 of that came from an active workout. Please report back if you get a response. Thanks! 🙏🏻
  • Reply 4 of 24
    Same here, completed over 60 minutes, no award....
  • Reply 5 of 24
    Apple support said it could take up to 9 days to receive an award. Told them nicely that’s not true. Typically awards come immediately. He asked me to be patient. 
  • Reply 6 of 24
    Apple must have been listening. I just got the heart award. 
  • Reply 7 of 24
    I completed the challenge this morning and haven’t been awarded the badge. Seems there must be something wrong with awarding this badge.
  • Reply 8 of 24
    I found I had to reboot both my iPhone and AppleWatch a few times before it would kick through. 
  • Reply 9 of 24
    diz_geek said:
    I found I had to reboot both my iPhone and AppleWatch a few times before it would kick through. 
    I did the same, rebooting both, and then the badge showed up
  • Reply 10 of 24
    I am in the same boat. 90 minute workout at the gym and no reward. MARCUS1983- who did you contact since you seem to be the only one successful so far?
  • Reply 11 of 24
    I am in the same boat. 90 minute workout at the gym and no reward. MARCUS1983- who did you contact since you seem to be the only one successful so far?
    Try rebooting your phone and watch. Took me two tries, but it eventually worked. 
  • Reply 12 of 24

• Reply 13 of 24
    I turned my phone and watch off and then back on and the medal showed up. I had 121 minutes of workout time so I knew I had it. I’m sure it will work for you too. 
  • Reply 14 of 24
    I took the challenge in the afternoon and got the award by the evening. It was a little slower than the usual awards, but it did come on the same day for me.
  • Reply 15 of 24
    I’m still waiting for mine - have tried all the suggestions. 
  • Reply 16 of 24
    I rebooted both my iPhone and Watch twice and after the 2nd reboots, the award showed up for me. 
  • Reply 17 of 24
    I rebooted both phone and watch, and now not even a grey outline of the award is showing. I never received a notification for the award, nor does it appear in the "Limited Edition" section of the fitness app on the watch.

Edit: Very weird. Sure enough, two reboots does the trick. I turned both devices off. Then turned on the phone and let it boot / unlocked it. Then turned on the watch and let it boot / unlocked it.
    edited February 2021 BeckyHronn
  • Reply 18 of 24
    I am having the same issue.  I had a busy Sunday, but ended my day closing those rings and getting over 60 minutes of exercise.  I am sad to not receive this award.  I did try rebooting my phone 3 times and my watch twice.  Can’t waist anymore time on it.  

• Reply 19 of 24
    I also did not receive the award and I had 61 minutes on exercise ring. Typically I receive them immediately. 
    BeckyH
  • Reply 20 of 24
    amar99 said:
    Very weird. Sure enough, two reboots does the trick. I turned both devices off. Then turned on the phone and let it boot / unlocked it. Then turned on the watch and let it boot / unlocked it.
    I had rebooted my phone three times. Then I decided to reboot my watch too.  Nothing.  But then I followed what amar99 said: turn off phone and watch, reboot phone and then reboot watch.  It worked for me too!!!
    thanks amar99 for posting the specific way you accomplished this.