Selling it all.

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I have given up on apple.

I have for sale 14 in 700mhz 640m ram iBook

10 gig iPod

Air Port and card for laptop.

If you want to know why go to Current Hardware and read over the thread of mine.

If you know of a good way to unload my apple hardware or if you are interested please reply.

A very upset Fellowship.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 38
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    Murbot if you have any advice.. I know you are good at getting rid of your old systems

It is a sad day for me.

Fellowship
  • Reply 2 of 38
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    You've really got to learn how to post threads in the appropriate forums.

Moving to General Discussion.
  • Reply 3 of 38
    How much for the iPod?
  • Reply 4 of 38
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    Why can't you get the iBook fixed under warrantee? what are the problems with the Airport, airport card, and iPod, if any?
  • Reply 5 of 38
    Quote:

Originally posted by Macasaurus

How much for the iPod?

I need a little time to determine what I am going to ask for each item. If in the mean time any of you wish to make an offer on any item please feel free to.

I need to study up on what the worth may be around for each item.

Thanks for your understanding.

Fellowship
  • Reply 6 of 38
    Quote:

Originally posted by Matsu

Why can't you get the iBook fixed under warrantee? what are the problems with the Airport, airport card, and iPod, if any?

The iBook is the only device with a problem.

It is being "fixed under warrantee"

How long will it last after that is the question?

Check out my thread in Current Hardware for more details.

If you only knew how many iBooks have failed or will fail if they have not already.

I am only talking about the newer style iBooks not clamshell etc.

Fellowship
  • Reply 7 of 38
    If you're worried, and intend on keeping it for a longer stretch, you'd still be in time to slap a couple more years of AppleCare on it. Did you buy it with a major Credit card? Many offer warrantee extension (up to a full extra year), so you might still be covered for another year, even if you don't buy AppleCare.

That's what I did for my PB, though if I do buy AppleCare, then I would have 4 years (provided I purchased both the 'book and the extended warrantee package on my Mastercard)

'sup to you.

PM me a ball-park figure you're expecting, for the iBook and components seperately, and for the whole shebang, if that's what you decide?
  • Reply 8 of 38
    majormattmajormatt Posts: 1,077member
    I'm sorry to hear that Fellowship.

I have never had a problem with Apple hardware, my mac plus is 15 years old, my color classic is 10 years old, my 6116 is 7 years old, my powerbook 3400 is 5 years old and this G4 is now two and a half years old. So 5 Macs that have worked perfectly.

There is always a bad Apple in every batch. No pun intended As said, notebooks are tighly packed pieces of technology, they are more likely to fair, albeit not as quickly as yours did.

I would go with what Fran said, pursue it to a higher level of customer relations. I know someone that got his Powerbook G4 upgraded from the original 500Mhz one to a 667Mhz PB. It's worth a try.

I have never had any problems with OSX. It has been rock solid (despite the crazy experiments I do sometimes) over the past two years. It's fast and smooth on my "old g4" and I couldnt ask more of jaguar.

But I respect your decision to sell the Apple stuff.

just my 2 cents,

Matt
  • Reply 9 of 38
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    PEBCAK, PEBCAK, PEBCAK.

You should just quit using computers altogether because every company is going to give you the same run-around, especially with laptops. Like in the CNET article I linked and you never commented on, even IBM admits to a 1% PER MONTH failure of their laptops. Consumer Reports also rates IBM very highly for service/support and reliability...just under Apple in fact.

So why don't you hollow out a cave and stop using technology?

I don't think there's a single product in my house impervious to breaking. Should I shrug off all future purchases? Are you going to stop buying Dodge Ram pick-ups when your coolant pump starts leaking just outside the warranty period? What about when your VAIO's LCD starts going bad?
  • Reply 10 of 38
  • Reply 11 of 38
    Maybe fellow will stop posting on AI all together....

I have used both windows and mac for a long time, and I'll take my apple computers anytime. I gave up on window machines cuz they suxor, to much maintenance, and I just feel so filthy afterwards.

Anyhow, fellow is just a troll and wants everyone to fell sorry for him, cuz he had a problem with a mac...boo fsckin hoo.
  • Reply 12 of 38
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    I was wondering, does this mean you will no longer frequent AppleInsider? That you will no longer start 5 evangelical threads a day in some shady forum? That you will no longer bombard all of us with the ever correct and consoloting word of God? What has this world come to?
  • Reply 13 of 38
    Fellowship, can I have your .Mac account?
  • Reply 14 of 38
    I wouldn't worry about it, I've posted to AI since before the great blackout without a ma of my very own, just the trusty AMD K6-2, and the grad labs PM's! Now I post from all over from the comfort of my little Al. Macs still cost too much, but so far it's working well, knock on wood.

Anyway, you don't need a mac to post to this page. Think of it this way, with iBook's psycho-religious fervor safely divested in this forum the world may be a far safer place, we might be doing a service to humanity. Or, we're becoming a digital petrie dish, and just feeding his fever untill one day we read about some cultists in Texas with funny punch and many wives.

just kidding iBook, I razz out of love
  • Reply 15 of 38
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Quote:

Originally posted by der Kopf

I was wondering, does this mean you will no longer frequent AppleInsider? That you will no longer start 5 evangelical threads a day in some shady forum? That you will no longer bombard all of us with the ever correct and consoloting word of God? What has this world come to?

Does this mean that the facist thought police are going to continue to act punitively toward the diverse amount of thoughts out there that differ from your/their own?

Nick
  • Reply 16 of 38
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ShawnPatrickJoyce

I echo this unsaid sentiment: Fellowship is gravely mistaken for abandoning Apple and will go to hell. Thank you.

So does that mean he is moving next door to you? I mean having to deal with a can't pay his way, live with mommy and daddy know it all is about the worst form of hell I can imagine.

Nick
  • Reply 17 of 38
    Let me say I am sorry.

I am sorry for the ranting I have put forward. I am not proud that I have become upset at the problems I have encountered with my apple experience however those problems do not justify the level in which I admit I have wound myself up over the issue.

In reflection to other events in the world my apple experience is nothing. I have been disapointed with this deal but life does go on.

I plan to stay with apple.

I gave Microsoft another chance when I had tremendous trouble I encountered with windows 98.

I bought a new Windows XP running PC and have been thankful I did not leave the Windows environment.

I will do the same with Apple. I will sell the iBook but keep the other items. I will replace the iBook with something apple as to continue to have my iPod.

I do not wish for personal attacks on this board from anyone to anyone because I have had a rather unpleasant time with apple to date.

Again life goes on and I look forward do moving on with apple.

With Microsoft Windows going from Windows 98 which frustrated me to XP which has been great it was a good decision to give second chances. I will do no less with Apple.

With greater reflection over the issue,

Fellowship
  • Reply 18 of 38
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    FCiB's thread in CH

I just saw your post in that thread, seems like you are just selling the iBook now... can't say I disagree...

I'll respond to that post there...

<retracted>
  • Reply 19 of 38
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Sorry to hear about your troubles, Fellowship. However, please do me a small favor: don't let your defection from Macs also mean a departure from AppleInsider.

You're only one of 4 or 5 people I can count on to help balance out/negate the unholy trinity of bunge/ShawnPatrick/BR on these forums. I need you here, man!

Just kidding bunge, Shawn and BR.

Kinda...

• Reply 20 of 38
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

Sorry to hear about your troubles, Fellowship. However, please do me a small favor: don't let your defection from Macs also mean a departure from AppleInsider.

You're only one of 4 or 5 people I can count on to help balance out/negate the unholy trinity of bunge/ShawnPatrick/BR on these forums. I need you here, man!

Just kidding bunge, Shawn and BR.

Kinda...

pscates is always so kind...

this is pscates

Then you have bunge, Shawn and BR

HAHA

Fellows