Apple's original HomePod was overpriced, and that doesn't bode well for AirPods Max

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 44
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    eightzero said:
    Did Apple ever declare the original Apple Watch Edition that went for $14k in gold as "end of life?" Wonder how many of those are still in service. 
    It went end of life with the series zero.
    I'm not sure which is worse, a person who will buy a $14,000 commodity item, or a company that considers a $14,000 watch unsupportable.  My guess is Apple would still work with the buyer in some way, regardless of any "end of life" statement for the series zero in general.
    Those who spent $14,000 on a piece of bleeding edge technology should have realized that it would soon become obsolete and unsupportable.

It's the way ALL personal technology has been since its very beginning.

Added:  But yeh, Apple knew that too.  So shame on them for marketing such a product that would leave its buyers hanging

edited March 2021
  • Reply 42 of 44
    MplsPMplsP Posts: 3,997member
    eightzero said:
    Did Apple ever declare the original Apple Watch Edition that went for $14k in gold as "end of life?" Wonder how many of those are still in service. 
    I'm not sure which is worse, a person who will buy a $14,000 commodity item, or a company that considers a $14,000 watch unsupportable.  My guess is Apple would still work with the buyer in some way, regardless of any "end of life" statement for the series zero in general.
    Those who spent $14,000 on a piece of bleeding edge technology should have realized that it would soon become obsolete and unsupportable.

Added:  But yeh, Apple knew that too.  So shame on them for marketing such a product that would leave its buyers hanging

Just like companies charging $500 or more for an HDMI cable that doesn’t perform any better than one that costs $30?
  • Reply 43 of 44
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    MplsP said:
    eightzero said:

Just like companies charging $500 or more for an HDMI cable that doesn’t perform any better than one that costs $30?

Well, at least the gold Apple Watch was pretty. 
    But, the $500 HDMI cable didn't get passed by with the usual technological advancements so quickly.