Apple announces April 20 special event - iPad Pro, AirTags expected

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 64
    darkvaderdarkvader Posts: 1,146member
    melgross said:
    I’m so tired of hearing about Air Tags. This isn’t going to be a big product, particularly if they’re $39 each as the new Samsung product is. I just don’t see that many being sold at that price. Even the third party products at $29 aren’t doing that well.

I'm looking forward to the patent lawsuits.

Not because I think the INCREDIBLY OBVIOUS concept should be patentable at all.  But given that other companies have had actual shipping products for YEARS, there will almost certainly be suits that Apple is going to lose.
  • Reply 62 of 64
    darkvaderdarkvader Posts: 1,146member
    docno42 said:
    melgross said:
    I’m so tired of hearing about Air Tags. This isn’t going to be a big product,
    the same as the iPhone, iPad and watch, right?
    More like the iPod HiFi.  Something that Apple half-does and charges WAY more money for than it's worth.
  • Reply 63 of 64
    CheeseFreezeCheeseFreeze Posts: 1,249member
    asdasd said:
    Last time i checked, my iPhone sends my data to Apple who sells it for “Personalized ads.” this setting came turned on by default in iOS 14. Please enlighten me about how Apple makes you feel so safe with your privacy?
    What was turned off in iOS 14 is other companies doing that, which is easy enough to google. Facebook for instance are hostile to Apple on this. iAD is dead and Apple don't do this anymore. 
    Which is another strong antitrust argument:

Apple prevents others companies from gathering data for personalized ads, while by default enabling the option on an operating system level to gather data for themselves or selling that data to third parties. 

Bunch of hypocrites in Cupertino.
  • Reply 64 of 64
    BeatsBeats Posts: 3,073member
    I’m gonna miss it.

Is there a spoiler-free way to watch? MR used to have a spoiler-free page for every event but they haven’t set one up for this event.

YouTube preferred as Apple’s site tends to glitch.