Peloton cuts Apple Watch Fitness support back to just the cycling class

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    davgregdavgreg Posts: 1,037member
    Peloton? 

Buy a real bike and go outside!
    Yes... because winter weather doesn't happen. 
    You can take your real bike and put it on an indoor stand in bad weather. They can be bought at almost any cycle shop.

The Peloton is a really expensive and desperately overpriced Exercycle.

GeorgeBMacwatto_cobraobeeyliz
  • Reply 22 of 24
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    omasou said:
    genovelle said:
    They just complicated my considerations for buying one of their machines. If it’s not going to be compatible with Apple Watch. I will have to find another option. 
    It's behavior like this that results in rhetoric like this...https://appleinsider.com/articles/21/04/15/us-house-approves-report-accusing-big-tech-of-monopolistic-behavior

Some of the proposals in the House's report include aggressive measures like barring companies from operating in markets in which they compete.

So does this mean that Apple wouldn't be able to create services like Fitness+ and/or that Peloton couldn't make fitness bands? If companies would operate fairly and compete instead of trying to lock out others then government could stop wasting our tax dollars trying to regulate our lives to create an environment that they deem to be fair? End of day we waste tax money and pay more for our products.

Hey Peloton instead of attempting forcing folks to use your hardware create a better service that makes us prefer your solution over others. MS and now Google have shown this strategy doesn't work. I believe this behavior will cause others to rethink their Peloton purchase(s), which will result in a decrease in the number of service subscriptions.

Though I love NEST, Google's Home strategy is forcing me to to deNEST/deGoogle my home.

Unfortunately, democracy doesn't guarantee good government.   They leave that part up to the voters elect responsible representatives.
    watto_cobraobeeyliz
  • Reply 23 of 24
    MplsPMplsP Posts: 3,931member
    larryjw said:
    Peloton is for people with plenty of money or for gyms. So are Apple watches. 

Methinks Peloton expects users to opt in for a lock-in to their competing Apple Watch product. Highly doubt it. 
    I have a peloton and an Apple Watch. I had the peloton heart rate monitor - it sucks, but there are plenty of 3rd party devices that are compatible, so I’m not sure how blocking the Apple Watch would lock people in. 

As far as a peloton cycle vs riding outside, they are very different. A peloton is essentially a virtual spin class. 

And yes, people on an Apple forum decrying a peloton as an ‘expensive luxury’ is more than a little ironic. 
    GeorgeBMacobeeyliz
  • Reply 24 of 24
    CVS didn't take ApplePay, despite having the terminals, so I shopped elsewhere.
    Bought an A/C last week specifically because it had HomeKit
    Wouldn't buy a car without CarPlay.

Question Peleton has to ask itself is "do we have no competitors or are we sufficiently special?"
    GeorgeBMacobeeyliz