Telegram founder says iPhone users are digital slaves

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    hammeroftruthhammeroftruth Posts: 1,303member
    Russian operative calls iPhone owners slaves
    and on his platform January 6 was just a tour of the capital. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 26
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,015member
    This guy should tell us how he really feels.  

Seriously, what idiocy. The hardware comments are just completely off base.  Apple doesn't always have the bleeding edge for hardware specs (except for the A series chips)  But the integration with the OS and total package has always been more than the sum of its parts.  In real world performance, Apple matches or exceeds other premium phones, mostly from Samsung.  

As for "slaves," that's funny.  I don't recall anyone forcing me to use Apple products.  I know what I signed up for.  And people who don't just want their phones to work.  They don't care about other app stores or bleeding edge hardware or OS modifications or any of the rest.  This guy has an axe to grind, obviously.  
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 26
    stukestuke Posts: 122member
    Hey Pavel, simple solution.  Stop developing for iOS.  Period.  Problem solved. Go whine about your next perceived injustice, and continue to revel in your Android business successes.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 26
    bakerzdosenbakerzdosen Posts: 181member
    The funny part of this is that he could have used his moment in the spotlight to express some genuine concerns. In other words, even as an Apple fanboi, I can fully admit that Apple (or "The Apple Way") isn't perfect. Of course they could strike a better balance between security of the walled garden and supporting developers. I think what they've done thus far is quite good, but it can always be better for everyone.

But instead of trying to eloquently express some genuine concerns, he took to name-calling and using some really dumb justifications for his complaints and ultimately came off as an absurd and pedantic buffoon that seems to hold a grudge against Apple for some reason.

So I, like most of the commenters here, will simply ignore him and move on.
    muthuk_vanalingamwatto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 26
    maestro64maestro64 Posts: 5,043member
    You know, keep telling yourself the lie long enough you being believing it. When confronted with the lie you lie more to yourself to convince yourself your right. Welcome to modern day, where the story is more important that the facts.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 26 of 26
    The answer is simple. Durov cooperates with Russian intelligence. It’s not a secret that Telegram traffic can be read by Russians. What Pavel wants is to make as many people as possible to quit secure iOS and switch to Android platform which is not secure enough. 
    watto_cobra