WOMD Factory in Iraq Found

Comments

• Reply 121 of 196
    randycat99randycat99 Posts: 1,919member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bunge

There are plenty of threads that show your comments are utter crap.

Ooh! Nuh-ah!

Like I said- revisionist history. Keep an eye on'em, folks. Just a public service announcement.
  • Reply 122 of 196
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Randycat99

Ooh! Nuh-ah!

Like I said- revisionist history. Keep an eye on'em, folks. Just a public service announcement.

An Ad Hominem attack means you have no argument. Attack my character because you have nothing left. History clearly shows that progress was being made, not that it's relevant to this thread.
  • Reply 123 of 196
    Cry wolf all you want! I simply alerted that people should watch what you say from here on out. Surely, the extra attention should please you.

Oh- YOUR WELCOME!
  • Reply 124 of 196
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    would you two get a room already?
  • Reply 125 of 196
    sammi josammi jo Posts: 4,634member
    Moderators, bash me for getting back on topic, but this hopefully stops the thread.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...emical_plant_2

Quote:

WASHINGTON - U.S. military investigators have found no evidence that chemical weapons have been made in recent years at a suspect chemical plant secured by U.S. troops in southern Iraq (news - web sites), a senior defense official said Tuesday.

Before the war, American intelligence agencies had identified the site in the town of Najaf as a possible part of Iraq's chemical weapons program, the official said, speaking on condition he not be identified. Indications then were that the plant had not been used for banned weapons activities since 1998, the official said......snip

and more......
  • Reply 126 of 196
    sondjatasondjata Posts: 308member
    Quote:

"history lesson: The US was not a military dictatorship."

If you were Black in America, It sure was. Not only were you subject to any white citizen "disapearing" you or your family members. you also were subject to radom or not so random police violence.

But obviously YOUR not black so YOU don't know these things.
  • Reply 127 of 196
    Quote:

Originally posted by Sondjata

Quote:

"history lesson: The US was not a military dictatorship."

If you were Black in America, It sure was. Not only were you subject to any white citizen "disapearing" you or your family members. you also were subject to random or not so random police violence.

But obviously YOUR'RE not black so YOU don't know these things.

sorry, didn't realize we had an actual 40's revolutionary here on the boards. so tell us, what was it like there with the military running everything?

or are you saying that if i were black, i would have some kind of racial memory that all black people share? man, i never knew black guys had that, those guys have been holding out on me! would that racial memory happen to include a proper defintion of the term "military dictatorship"?

you can always trust AppleInsider to bring you the inside scoop to history that no one else knew existed, and new meanings of words you always thought you knew.

tonton, turns out you can't edit the titles of your threads anymore, at least not after a short while, so it'd have to be an AO mod or admin who changes it.
  • Reply 128 of 196
    racial memory= history books, autobiographies, slave narratives. Yeah, I guess we've been holding out on you.

Just too hard to admit that not to long ago if you weren't the right color, the US was one big military dictatorship, replete with no ability to vote.

Of course things have changed now. We can vote for people who don't particularly care or listen to well. We can get shot at by police and have those persons aquited. We can drive down anyroad,anywhere in the US and be subject to illegal searches, have our licenses run, and questioned as to our drinking habits, simply because we "fit the description."

But of course, you don't really know about that do you?
  • Reply 129 of 196
    Quote:

But obviously YOUR'RE not black so YOU don't know these things.

or

Quote:

racial memory= history books, autobiographies, slave narratives

so is it because i'm not black or because i can't read that i can't know these things, make up your mind.

also, while you're at it toss a dictionary in with the history book, autobiographis and slave narratives and look up the meaing of a military dictatorship.
  • Reply 130 of 196
    " In essence, a military dictatorship is a form of government in which absolute power is concentrated in a repressive ruler or a small clique who use military and police power to dominate the people mentally and physically. "

"a military strong man places himself in power with few if any constraints from judicial or legislative oversight."

-http://www.hermes-press.com/militarismindex.htm

Ok. So let's review. If you are a Slave in the United States, or a Post Civil War "African American." You do not have the right to vote. Therefore Anyone who claims to rule over you (MR. Slave or Mr. Ex-Slave) is your dictator. You can't remove him or her from power by voting, create legislation or appeal throught the courts (see Dred Scott Decision). So that person (The President, US Govornors, Mayors) are all dictators by virtue of the fact that you (mr. Slave or Ex Slave) cannot put them into or remove them from office.

In order to maintain power, These Dictators, as previously demonstrated, can authorize the use of the Police and other armed forces to dominate your population ( examples already given). Therefore as viewed from the perspective of the "slave" or "ex-slave". The dictator has the military means to "dominate" your population "mentally" and Physically." Furthermore, since we already know... sorry I already know about the various Slave Codes and other legislatitive means used to "dominate the people mentally and physically," it would seem that all the basic requirements for "military dictatorship." has been met as I used it vis-a-vis Blacks in the US.

R U-DUN?
  • Reply 131 of 196
    Did these "slaves" overthrow their "dictator" to become free, or did the "dictator" implement reform and free the slaves? Honestly, where are you going with this analogy?
  • Reply 132 of 196
    Sondjata, i'll assume you just got caught up in the moment and completly forgot how this all started, but we were talking about the difference between elections in the U.S. and having an election in Iraq.

you said

Quote:

hostory lesson: Blacks in the US voted against white racist running for office in spite of the fear of reprisals from terrorist groups such as the KKK and various Citizen Councils.

to which i replied that the U.S. *when black people were voting* was not a military dictatorship.

you then said it was a dictatorship because, and i quote

Quote:

Ok. So let's review. If you are a Slave in the United States, or a Post Civil War "African American." You do not have the right to vote. Therefore Anyone who claims to rule over you (MR. Slave or Mr. Ex-Slave) is your dictator. You can't remove him or her from power by voting, create legislation or appeal throught the courts (see Dred Scott Decision). So that person (The President, US Govornors, Mayors) are all dictators by virtue of the fact that you (mr. Slave or Ex Slave) cannot put them into or remove them from office.

so now you've gone from black people voting even though they fear whitey, to the US was a dictatorship because black people couldn't vote and overthrow their oppressors.

you were so busy trying to twist and turn out of being wrong you just agreed with me that you can't vote your way out of a dictatorship.

make up your mind.

but thank you for reestablishing that i'm right that voting doesn't work in a dictatorship. you might want to go ahead and edit your posts so that you appear to have some sort of continuity and logic to your posts though.
  • Reply 133 of 196
    ok. now that I've established the whole "military dictatorship" issue. BAck to the voting issue. It was to show that even under situations where a population is being oppressed by "it's government" it can risks reprisals for exercising a means to end that oppression. Whither aide comes from forces within the country ( sympathetic elites) or from without. Inspectors....sanctions....smartly used political pressure...arming of disidents...etc.

to bad we had to take that detour though.
  • Reply 134 of 196
    Quote:

Did these "slaves" overthrow their "dictator" to become free, or did the "dictator" implement reform and free the slaves?

A bit of both. But "implementation" wouldn't have gotten started without a certain amount of "overthrow" beforehand.
  • Reply 135 of 196
    You know... it just occurred to me. About these chemical suits they found.

In typical brutal dictator style, Saddam is not the sharpest knife in the box, and is pretty damn ignorant of world affairs generally. He really is that violent thug. Apparently he was actually surprised when an American official told him once that the President didn't lock up and 'disappear' people who disagreed with him. He thought everyone did that.

He really is that stupid; it takes an awesome feat of self-delusion and plenty of ignorance to be able to justify the kind of brutality in which he's expert.

This man keeps abreast of current affairs by watching satellite TV: Al'Jazeera and BBC News 24 and CNN (he doesn't speak English, so he watches the pictures: true.)

What does he see when he turns on CNN and the BBC? He sees Donald Rumsfeld.

"Ah," he thinks. "That's the chap who sold me all that VX nerve agent and anthrax culture." Indeed, that's the US Secretary of Defense.

He EXPECTS the US to use this stuff: where did he buy it in the first place?

Not to say that he doesn't have these WOMD. Just that these suits and IV atropine were probably intended for his own soldiers as a defence against 'our' WOMD.

He is, as I say, very stupid.
  • Reply 136 of 196
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Hassan i Sabbah

You know... it just occurred to me. About these chemical suits they found.

In typical brutal dictator style, Saddam is not the sharpest knife in the box, and is pretty damn ignorant of world affairs generally. He really is that violent thug. Apparently he was actually surprised when an American official told him once that the President didn't lock up and 'disappear' people who disagreed with him. He thought everyone did that.

He really is that stupid; it takes an awesome feat of self-delusion and plenty of ignorance to be able to justify the kind of brutality in which he's expert.

This man keeps abreast of current affairs by watching satellite TV: Al'Jazeera and BBC News 24 and CNN (he doesn't speak English, so he watches the pictures: true.)

What does he see when he turns on CNN and the BBC? He sees Donald Rumsfeld.

"Ah," he thinks. "That's the chap who sold me all that VX nerve agent and anthrax culture." Indeed, that's the US Secretary of Defense.

He EXPECTS the US to use this stuff: where did he buy it in the first place?

Not to say that he doesn't have these WOMD. Just that these suits and IV atropine were probably intended for his own soldiers as a defence against 'our' WOMD.

He is, as I say, very stupid.

Interesting but I think Saddam would watch CNN, etc. with advisors that ARE fluent in english and explain to him whats going on. How he interprets what he hears is another thing.
  • Reply 137 of 196
    Quote:

Originally posted by Outsider

Interesting but I think Saddam would watch CNN, etc. with advisors that ARE fluent in english and explain to him whats going on. How he interprets what he hears is another thing.

Yes... but the guy plays by different rules he expects the world to share.

And besides, even his closest advisors are shit scared of him, and frankly I would be too.

• Reply 138 of 196
    tulkastulkas Posts: 3,757member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Hassan i Sabbah

You know... it just occurred to me. About these chemical suits they found.....

Nice post Hassan, very possible. I thought of some similar myself, but you worded it very well.

But to be honest, I think he has the suits because he intends to maybe use his own weapons, even if he did think the US might use theirs. As, you say, he is that stupid.
  • Reply 139 of 196
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2003Mar29.html

Compare this WMD search to a DEA operation. When the contraband isn't there and the reason for going in can't be justified, what do they often do?
  • Reply 140 of 196
    Rejuvenating an ancient thread here:

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.j...fromEmail=true

Speculations? Guesses?