Oscar Talk 2003!

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 79
    chinneychinney Posts: 1,019member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

FOX News, yes, they're right wing and entirely too made-up... but do you genuinely consider lead anchors like Peter Jennings, Dan Rather, Tom Brokaw, etc. right wing news barkers?

No, I don't. Sorry, about that - I should have been more specific. It's the Fox News people - and their like - that I am talking about. To some extent, we have the same types up here in Canada, especially on AM talk radio. While I don't agree with Moore's approach, it does provide something of a balance.

Considering Peter Jennings, Dan Rather, Tom Brokaw, I have respect for them. I do worry, however, whether the perceived need for the US to pull together for a war effort leads the major networks to accept too unquestioningly the news given to them through military sources and to censor out reports that might be deemed bad for the country's morale.
  • Reply 62 of 79
    Quote:

Originally posted by Matsu

Eminem, a mysogynyst? No, but even if it were true, Hollywood doesn't have any right to point fingers on that score.

No?
  • Reply 63 of 79
    As for the appropriateness of speaking one's political mind at this event...it really isn't that important of an event. These people are here to receive awards for acting and I think it is a perfectly suitable time to say what you want. His film was about what he ranted about.
  • Reply 64 of 79
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ShawnPatrickJoyce

Eminem wins an award....

....NO applause.

deservedly so. anyone who builds their career on misogyny deserves the cold shoulder in lack of appreciation.

You are such a pussy in the full Tom Leykis says "You're a pussy!! (with the meow mix song in the background)" sort of way.
  • Reply 65 of 79
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

You are such a pussy in the full Tom Leykis says "You're a pussy!! (with the meow mix song in the background)" sort of way.

I would hate to live in a world full of macho attitudes and people. You're the Neo-Macho Man, BR.
  • Reply 66 of 79
    chweave1chweave1 Posts: 164member
    Originally posted by Eugene

Quote:

Brody's speech wasn't too bad, at least it wasn't an attack, though he did hog the the mic. He seems like a sleaze too, when he practically slobbered all over Halle Berry...wtf? She's got a ring you fool, and then when he stopped the orchestra...and then when he lingered on the stage during the presentation of past best actor/actress winners. He's creepy.

I could not have said it better myself. Perhaps that kiss was what irritated me about him. Halley Barry was shocked and she tried to conform to the jovial manner in which he meant it, but had a difficult time (and she is an actress).
  • Reply 67 of 79
    Quote:

Originally posted by ShawnPatrickJoyce

I would hate to live in a world full of macho attitudes and people. You're the Neo-Macho Man, BR.

What? No middle ground between the Macho idiots (which I am not) and the total meow meow meow pussies like you are? Black and white are the only two colors you see, eh? I would hate to live in a world filled with people that only can see in black and white. Damn, I already do.
  • Reply 68 of 79
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

Anyone get the impression that she looked lonely?

And Michael Moore -- what the hell is "fictition"? That sounds like something Bush would say. Glad to see we have verbal morons on both sides...

I believe he said fictitious.

fic·ti·tious (f?k-t?sh'?s)

adj.

Of, relating to, or characterized by fiction; imaginary.

Accepted or assumed for the sake of convention: a fictitious belief.

Adopted or assumed in order to deceive: a fictitious name.

Not genuinely believed or felt; sham: greeted me with a fictitious enthusiasm
  • Reply 69 of 79
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    Quote:

Anyone get the impression that she looked lonely?

really? anyone got her number?

i've always thought she is stunning.
  • Reply 70 of 79
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    hehehehehehe

Michael Moron....

hehehehehe
  • Reply 71 of 79
    i thought nic looked a little tightly rapped. she said later in interviews the movie "saved" her life.

hmmm.
  • Reply 72 of 79
    Definitely sounds like he inadvertently blended together "fictitious" and "fiction."
  • Reply 73 of 79
    she also said that moulin rouge got her through her depression when it came out. she through herself into it to get through it.

denial is a mighty stream to forge.
  • Reply 74 of 79
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    well, after reading up that link about Bowling for Columbine, i must say that Moore sure comes off sounding like a jackass.

they should give that award to someone who deserves it.

and he's up there talking about ficticious.