Ex-Apple customer relations staffer fixes iPhone bug by switching to Android

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    JFC_PAJFC_PA Posts: 932member
    An entire sale lost! How ever will they cope. 

Might explain the “ex” employer. I’m a never Apple employed and am enthusiastic about my newest iPhone 12 Pro Max. 
  • Reply 22 of 28
    coolfactorcoolfactor Posts: 2,245member
    I, too, have noticed some inconsistency with notifications. Messages and Facebook's Business Suite app both suffer from an issue of (some) new incoming messages not appearing correctly, and now I see this is possibly due to this Notification bug. It never happened at all with iOS 13 or earlier. Restarting the apps tend to fix the issue.
  • Reply 23 of 28
    dws-2dws-2 Posts: 276member
    I wonder what they'll do when they encounter an Android bug? Blackberry?

Seriously, though, I know how he feels. I have a bunch of stuff that doesn't work correctly even after three hours on the phone with Apple.
  • Reply 24 of 28
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    JFC_PA said:
    An entire sale lost! How ever will they cope. 

Might explain the “ex” employer. I’m a never Apple employed and am enthusiastic about my newest iPhone 12 Pro Max. 
    ...and I just became an iPhone 11 owner in addition to my Pixels. That makes it a wash, right? 
    Ofer
  • Reply 25 of 28
    chadbagchadbag Posts: 2,000member
    Interesting claim of bug.  I’d like to see an article go in depth on the bug including confirming the bug through reproducing and documenting.  

Can’t say I’ve noticed missing notifications. Could be but can’t say I’ve noticed.  What I have noticed is that notifications on my phone don’t always reflect on my watch, and I have it set to do so.  That is frustrating to miss a notification from Messages when it doesn’t reflect on the watch but pull out the phone and it is sitting there on the Lock Screen plain as day. 
  • Reply 26 of 28
    lam92103lam92103 Posts: 126member
    I thought I was the only one getting this. Half the time, I don't get email notifications, sometimes it's WhatsApp that fails to alert.
  • Reply 27 of 28
    It's also true that Apple has been notified of the problem but possibly isn't getting notifications either.

This bit made me literally laugh out loud.  Nicely done. 🤣
  • Reply 28 of 28
    "Have I died from using it? Nah. Good enough."

Did s/he die from using an iPhone?  Nah?  Good enough.