Makes you want to cry.

Comments

• Reply 22 of 46
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    oh-uh, careful defiant, those are banned images...
  • Reply 23 of 46
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    you sure?

it's just a G.I.- we don't even know who.

http://www.aljazeera.net/news/arabic/2003/3/3-25-3.htm
  • Reply 24 of 46
    rodukroduk Posts: 706member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Defiant

you sure?

it's just a G.I.- we don't even know who.

http://www.aljazeera.net/news/arabic/2003/3/3-25-3.htm

The two people in the link are the Apache Longbow crew that were shot down. \
  • Reply 25 of 46
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    good to see that they seem ok.
  • Reply 26 of 46
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

Unless this is the beginning of a campaign to oust horrible dictators all around the world, that argument doesn't fly.

whats you point, either way its a good thing, i believe you said it urself

"...horrible dictators..."

that is something that will cause trouble and many deaths

i'm confused on what you have against war, it can't be loss of life because if you've seen some of the things iraq does to its people and scientists (to try and get them to create nukes) then i'm not sure where your beef is

if your problem is peace then i'll just point how the US tried many other ways, and it has not done a damn thing, Iraq has not done what the UN has specified numerous times, and even france and russia dont deny it, but the US and its allies are the only ones who have the balls apparently to enforce it. If laws are not enforced u have anarchy and that is a problem

my final question to you is why does iraq want these weapons?
  • Reply 27 of 46
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

whats you point, either way its a good thing, i believe you said it urself

"...horrible dictators..."

that is something that will cause trouble and many deaths

i'm confused on what you have against war, it can't be loss of life because if you've seen some of the things iraq does to its people and scientists (to try and get them to create nukes) then i'm not sure where your beef is

if your problem is peace then i'll just point how the US tried many other ways, and it has not done a damn thing, Iraq has not done what the UN has specified numerous times, and even france and russia dont deny it, but the US and its allies are the only ones who have the balls apparently to enforce it. If laws are not enforced u have anarchy and that is a problem

my final question to you is why does iraq want these weapons?

Who said I was against war? I simply said that your argument was invalid. Could we possibly assume a little more? Hmmm???
  • Reply 28 of 46
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

Who said I was against war? I simply said that your argument was invalid. Could we possibly assume a little more? Hmmm???

i bet i could assume more, but i dont see your argument, because you are saying mine isn't valid IF...mines is just strait up whats happening NOW

if you base ur thinking on "if's" you can invalidate alot of things

oh yeah and it wasn't JUST to you...although i did make it sound like that, that is just to anti war people...sorry for wording it directly at you
  • Reply 29 of 46
    Quote:

i bet i could assume more, but i dont see your argument, because you are saying mine isn't valid IF...mines is just strait up whats happening NOW

if you base ur thinking on "if's" you can invalidate alot of things

The war could be justified with your reason being unjustified. They are not mutually exclusive.
  • Reply 30 of 46
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

The war could be justified with your reason being unjustified. They are not mutually exclusive.

BR did you ever think about going into the field of Law?

You could argue anything against anybody

Fellows
  • Reply 31 of 46
    Quote:

Originally posted by FellowshipChurch iBook

BR did you ever think about going into the field of Law?

You could argue anything against anybody

Fellows

Yes, but just for the JD so I could be Dr. <insert my last name here>. Thanks though.
  • Reply 32 of 46
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

i'm not saying that the terrorism reason is why i'm glad we are attackign iraq
  • Reply 33 of 46
    Quote:

why anti-war?

i think the terrorist link to iraq is weak but i am MORE then glad to get rid of a crazy dictatorship. I honestly think that this war will in the long-run create a scenerio with less deaths then if iraq were to go on. There are some sick things that go on inside iraq and many...if not most of the people are happy to be liberated. I am saying this from what i see alot of places, not just all the US propaganda...which i'm sure is less then iraq but news is still favored to the US.

You are quick to protest the war against iraq...think about if u were in iraq and went to war, do you think you could protest no, you'd probably be killed, you are lucky to have the 1st, and the right to exercise it...we want iraqi's to have that same chance

I'm glad you brought that up. There has been much division among leftists over the issue of human rights abuses under the current regime and whether that justifies both invasion and regime change. The Bush administration has repetedly invoked humanitarian reasons for going to war, but has officially made the case that Iraq poses a security risk to the United States. That's dishonest, in my opinion, to be bungling the case for war like that- trying to connect Al-Qaeda and Iraq at every opportunity. Nevertheless, we always hear Bush talking about Saddam "gassing his own people" and committing "acts of terror against his own people." Well, leftists everywhere should hold Bush accountable. Edward W. Lempinen explains better,

Quote:

For those leftists who have supported the war, and for those who have loudly opposed it, now is the time for a shift in strategy. Bush and his inner circle have repeatedly gone on the record describing the war on Iraq as a war of liberation. Even if we do not believe them, we must work relentlessly to hold them accountable. We must insist that the U.S. and its allies implement, as quickly as possible, a constructive post-war plan. They must protect the Kurds from Saddam and from Turkey. Aided by the U.N., they must provide for the humanitarian needs of the Iraqi people, no matter the cost. If they truly want to detoxify the Middle East, Bush and his inner circle must commit to seeking a practical solution to the conflict between Israel and the Palestinians. They must be reminded constantly, and forcefully, that it is urgent to repair trust, and to stop the corrosion that comes with chronic hypocrisy. By insisting on these values, by returning to the street in a tide of millions, the left might hijack the meaning of this tragedy and salvage from it something constructive. In doing so, we would stand for something that would resonate well into the political center; in doing so, we might create energy that could be channeled into the 2004 presidential campaign.

• Reply 34 of 46
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    They allready have an answer to that SPJ: I heard Perle, the supposed architect for the 'reason' behind the war . . . he said "well, there won't be democracy right away"

of course there won't . . . just like with Communism . . Stalin and Lenin said that we needed the Dictatorship of The Prolateriate before we could have true Liberation . .

more of the same?!?
  • Reply 35 of 46
    To anti-war people:

Live in isreal for a year then tell me you don`t want help in some way shape or form against the saddam regime

Did you know some iraqi`s said they where going to kill themselfs unless we started bombing them soon? I personally think this is the first step to stopping the arab world from hating us. Its the rulers of the arab countries that make the "sheep" aka the people hate us.

Most of the iraqis just believe what saddam tells them.. He told them we are cannibals and when we went into one iraqi town they had signs saying we surrender please don`t eat us.

The saddam regime needs to be removed.
  • Reply 36 of 46
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mount_my_floppy

To anti-war people:

Live in isreal for a year then tell me you don`t want help in some way shape or form against the saddam regime

Did you know some iraqi`s said they where going to kill themselfs unless we started bombing them soon? I personally think this is the first step to stopping the arab world from hating us. Its the rulers of the arab countries that make the "sheep" aka the people hate us.

Most of the iraqis just believe what saddam tells them.. He told them we are cannibals and when we went into one iraqi town they had signs saying we surrender please don`t eat us.

*applause* *applause* *applause*

*applause* *applause* *applause*

glad u said that because i couldn't...i've never done it or known anyone who has so i couldn't bring up a point liek that
  • Reply 37 of 46
    Moved to its own topic...
  • Reply 38 of 46
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mount_my_floppy

To anti-war people:

Don't need to move there, Mount_my_floppy. I'm sure hardliners exist in Israel too.
  • Reply 39 of 46
    mattyjmattyj Posts: 898member
    The fact is, Saddam should have been removed years ago. He is a mad man, you cannot have a psychopath leading a country. However after this war the conflict between Isreal and Palistein needs to be sorted out.
  • Reply 40 of 46
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Quote:

Originally posted by mattyj

[ . . . ]you cannot have a psychopath leading a country. [ . . . ]

*Ahem . . . .

no, you are right . . . . no psychopaths!!!

let's make a law!