• Reply 41 of 79
    apparently i'm getting a Zire for free.

i don't think i'll use it much.
  • Reply 42 of 79
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jonathan

apparently i'm getting a Zire for free.

Did you buy a new set of Michelin tires?

Escher
  • Reply 43 of 79
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    I have a palm M 105. I used it one time, when my wife give me one. I open the box, try it, and put it in his box.
  • Reply 44 of 79
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    I have a handspring prism with a 23 mb mp3 player lying around somewhere. Tried very hard to use it for a while.

I the end, only as a calculator.

I only use my T68i now. And my iPod for music.
  • Reply 45 of 79
    Clie NR70V which I sync via OS 9.1.

The almost best thing I like about it is being able to download (news) sites via Avantgo, which I then read when I lie (alone ) in bed late at night. I also play "Billiards" on it. And I use it professionally too: addresses, notes, diary. And for fun, there is the built in camera.

Overall, I am very happy with it.

With reference to another thread, I do look upon it as an extension of my penis...

- T.I.
  • Reply 46 of 79
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    My old Visor Delux broke so I bought a used one for $40. Still like it.
  • Reply 47 of 79
    hemmer1hemmer1 Posts: 16member
    Anyone using the Psion M5 or Revo? Do they work with OSX?
  • Reply 48 of 79
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Originally posted by hemmer1

Anyone using the Psion M5 or Revo? Do they work with OSX?

I had one for a while before OS X and there was a java app that sort of worked. I'm sure it's still around. I can't remember what it was called. Syncing was out of the question, but moving files was possible. I'll see if I can track down the app.
  • Reply 49 of 79
    Quote:

Originally posted by torifile

I had one for a while before OS X and there was a java app that sort of worked. I'm sure it's still around. I can't remember what it was called. Syncing was out of the question, but moving files was possible. I'll see if I can track down the app.

It was called psimac or something like that. There's also the MacConnect program that looks like it might provide some functionality. It's old, only backs up and isn't free. :/
  • Reply 50 of 79
    Thanks torifile! I've got an old 5 series that I wouldn't mind using again. If I can't make it work, Ill probably look at one of the Clie's.
  • Reply 51 of 79
    mggmgg Posts: 124member
    I used to use the latest model of the ipaq with 802.11b and bluetooth. It was cool but i had a lot of trouble coneting to networks, using active sinc and other software compatibility problems. So, I took it back and traded it in for my 12 in ibook (which has proven itself to be far better by all means). I don't think I am going to buy another pda for quite sometime. All that I could really use it for was to write ddown notes and use the calender, but if you are on the go and need to keep organized I can see why it is the thing for you. However, if you think you are going to use it as a replacement for your desktop to access emails and surf the web, I wouldn't recomend it. Just my 2 cents.
  • Reply 52 of 79
    falkolfalkol Posts: 59member
    Handspring Visor Platinum.

Still enough for me, but that Zire 71 surely deserves a closer look ...
  • Reply 53 of 79
    loganlogan Posts: 284member
    Can someone please enlighten me on the situation with PocketPCs on a mac? does it work? if so does it work well, what are the drawbacks, are pocketpcs better than palms?

Thanks

Logan
  • Reply 54 of 79
    Quote:

Originally posted by Logan

Can someone please enlighten me on the situation with PocketPCs on a mac? does it work? if so does it work well, what are the drawbacks, are pocketpcs better than palms?

Thanks

Logan

In my opinion the PocketPC's are better. You have the option of more real world apps that you have on your desktop...I enjoy the video capability, voice recording, and I think the interface itself is way beyond the Palm OS. Although I still haven't played with Palm OS 5 because I can never find any screenshots of it...<hint> <hint>

I have the new hp iPaq 1910...It's great. Currently I am using PocketMac (www.pocketmac.com) which is a joke but am waiting for The Missing Sync for PocketPC to be released which looks awesome...mounting your PocketPC in iTunes, iPhoto and all that just looks great.

I wish Apple would make a PDA. All of my PocketPC totin buddies say they'd buy one in a heartbeat
  • Reply 55 of 79
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jay Contonio

In my opinion the PocketPC's are better. You have the option of more real world apps that you have on your desktop...I enjoy the video capability, voice recording, and I think the interface itself is way beyond the Palm OS. Although I still haven't played with Palm OS 5 because I can never find any screenshots of it...<hint> <hint>

I have the new hp iPaq 1910...It's great. Currently I am using PocketMac (www.pocketmac.com) which is a joke but am waiting for The Missing Sync for PocketPC to be released which looks awesome...mounting your PocketPC in iTunes, iPhoto and all that just looks great.

I wish Apple would make a PDA. All of my PocketPC totin buddies say they'd buy one in a heartbeat

As one of my clients say: opinions are like ***holes, everyone's got one. Just kidding. I've used both PPC and Palms extensively and I've decided that Palms are better for me. I found that trying to cram full desktop computing into a handheld is not possible without giving up some pretty major stuff (functionality, ease of use, battery life). Plus, I don't like windows. Really. I hate it. And PPC 2002 is just windows. Uninstalling a program always yields stupid *.dll file crap and I don't want to have to deal with it.

Also, Palm apps are more plentiful, cheaper and use less RAM than PPC apps, in general. And PPC 2002 is butt slow. I couldn't handle it. And I was using a toshiba e740 with a 400mhz proc. Again, some of what PPC's could do is awesome, but Palm OS 5 levels the playing field somewhat. Add to that the fact that syncing with my mac is a breeze and I had to go with a palm (PocketMac, what I thought would make the process doable, is a complete and utter joke, btw. I had to use VPC to sync.). Of course, I'm extremely fickle when it comes to electronics, so we'll see what I'm saying in a month or so.... Again, it's a personal thing, but try both and see what you decide.

-t

ps - alcimedes, what'd you decide on?
  • Reply 56 of 79
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jay Contonio

Although I still haven't played with Palm OS 5 because I can never find any screenshots of it...<hint> <hint>

Well I have a Clie lets see if i can get the os 5 pic on here.
  • Reply 57 of 79
    Ok well I dont know how to do that lol
  • Reply 58 of 79
    Does anyone else here have a Sony Clie NX70V?
  • Reply 59 of 79
    jobjob Posts: 420member
    I'm considering a Palm Zire 71. It looks pretty cool and has a lot of nice functions. I may purchase one along with a new eMac this summer.
  • Reply 60 of 79
    job, If im correct, the Zire 71 has no extra memory slots.