What PDA's are you using?

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 79
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Logan

job, If im correct, the Zire 71 has no extra memory slots.

The Z71 does have an SD card slot. The original zire doesn't but this one does.
  • Reply 62 of 79
    jobjob Posts: 420member
    I was wondering if it did.

With the inclusion of a digital camera I would have assumed some sort of removal media type.
  • Reply 63 of 79
    loganlogan Posts: 284member
    Oh, my mistake.
  • Reply 64 of 79
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    didn't decide yet. right as i was going to the new palms came out. gotta look them over again. i'm torn between bluetooth and WiFi. can iSync work via WiFi? both would be useful, but at this point in time i think WiFi would do me more good on the road, Bluetooth would be nicer at home with my laptop.

in any case, they just made it tougher for me to pick and i have almost zero time to get it done in. but i'll have to buy soon, i'm losing my mind.

• Reply 65 of 79
    Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

didn't decide yet. right as i was going to the new palms came out. gotta look them over again. i'm torn between bluetooth and WiFi. can iSync work via WiFi? both would be useful, but at this point in time i think WiFi would do me more good on the road, Bluetooth would be nicer at home with my laptop.

in any case, they just made it tougher for me to pick and i have almost zero time to get it done in. but i'll have to buy soon, i'm losing my mind.

You can't sync using wifi unless you're using windows. The network hotsync option that you'd need isn't available. BT is the only way to go if you want wireless syncing at this point. But the TC is a nice little machine, despite that. Personally I still really like my TT, even after these new models.
  • Reply 66 of 79
    Got the Tungsten T.

so far so good.

thanks for the advice all!
  • Reply 67 of 79
    gabidgabid Posts: 477member
    Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

Got the Tungsten T.

so far so good.

thanks for the advice all!

Out of curiosity, what made you choose the T over the C (assuming you took a look at the new Tungsten)?
  • Reply 68 of 79
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gabid

Out of curiosity, what made you choose the T over the C (assuming you took a look at the new Tungsten)?

Have you seen the C? It's ugly as ass! But I'm not alcimedes, so...
  • Reply 69 of 79
    no integrated bluetooth (Wi-Fi not so important to me on a Palm), it's bigger. ugly.

it really came down to it was a lot bigger, and for nothing that i really wanted. the TT had everything on my mental list, and was the smallest form factor.

to me a PDA is only as useful as it is portable. if it's so big that i'm not going to carry it everywhere, i don't want it.

• Reply 70 of 79
    gabidgabid Posts: 477member
    Quote:

Originally posted by torifile

Have you seen the C? It's ugly as ass! But I'm not alcimedes, so...

And yet, I'm strangly drawn to the C. I kinda like the shape.

Even odder, i'm also drawn to the WiFi on the C (though just how good is the Palm browser?).

At least here though, I'll find support for wanting a handheld. Those around me seem to think it's self indulgent technolust
  • Reply 71 of 79
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gabid

And yet, I'm strangly drawn to the C. I kinda like the shape.

Even odder, i'm also drawn to the WiFi on the C (though just how good is the Palm browser?).

At least here though, I'll find support for wanting a handheld. Those around me seem to think it's self indulgent technolust

The palm browser is actually amazingly decent. With the wifi it's fast too. Personally, after getting used to the kickass form of the TT, I find all others lacking. I'm waiting for a wifi sd card to come out for the TT. Then I'll be in PDA bliss (until apple gets off its ass and releases their own).
  • Reply 72 of 79
    bperkinsbperkins Posts: 110member
    Just sold my Sony SJ-30. I was only using it for Pocket Quicken. I really thought I would need a PDA, but I quickly realized that I do not need one. Especially since my iPod can hold all of my contacts and calendars.
  • Reply 73 of 79
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    I just synched my Clie SL10 with iSync today. The address book has now been restored to my dock .
  • Reply 74 of 79
    I know this is a real real old thread (I found it by searching the forums) but I can't seem to find a straight answer to this question (although I've found implications...)

If I get a PDA with Bluetooth (like a Tungsten T or a Sony Clie TG50, can I sync it wirelessly with BT using iSync.

I noticed with my Treo 180 (DEATH!! BAD PHONE! 3 have broken on me in ONE YEAR!) that if I want to sync I have to use some weird Palm conduit and push the hotsync button ( I can't just click on Sync Now. )

If I get a TT or a TG50 can I literally just click on "Sync Now" and it'll sync wirelessly with my PDA?

Thanks guys!

-back to lurking...
  • Reply 75 of 79
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    I just use my iPod. It has everything I need (Calender, Alarm, Games, Contacts).
  • Reply 76 of 79
    bperkinsbperkins Posts: 110member
    iPod and SE T610. I sold my Sony Clie SJ-300 about a month ago.
  • Reply 77 of 79
    retrograderetrograde Posts: 503member
    I am only just forging my way into the PDA arena now and have winging its way to me as we speak a Sony Clié T625c (what was sold in the US as the T615c) and managed to pick it up used for about $90 US! Not bad considering I thought I was going to have to pay more for a black and white SJ20 or even SL10.

... so almost, but not quite yet, a T625c
  • Reply 78 of 79
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bperkins

iPod and SE T610. I sold my Sony Clie SJ-300 about a month ago.

bperkins: Do you find the T610 to be a functional PDA replacement for contacts and calendar functions? Now that iSync 1.1 is out I'm pretty much set on ditching my Palm IIIxe for a Moto T720 (sync via USB) or an SE T610 (Bluetooth). Only reason I'm favoring the BT-less T720 over the T610 is that I prefer the flip-phone form-factor and flip-phone BT phones are still a few months off (e.g. the amazing quad-band GSM Moto V600 or the SE Z1010).

Escher
  • Reply 79 of 79
    kraig911kraig911 Posts: 912member
    I used my GBA... gameboy advance to make me look like I'm cool...