defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    of what ?

bombs?
  • Reply 2 of 48
    Quote:

Originally posted by Defiant

of what ?

bombs?

...that hit civilian areas like market places.

Will anyone please give me the link to the story on CNN?
  • Reply 3 of 48
    Hmm there are no reports on CNN about that. CBC, BBC, Al-Jazeera all have it.

And Defiant, don't roll your eyes? You think this is a joke or something? How dare you imply "Oh boohoo,,,Iraqi civilians"

Damn hell I wept fro your ****ING citizens, now I'm sure you can feel some pain over other life outside your little world!
  • Reply 4 of 48
    DigitalMonkeyBoy: I because Anders just dropped a link to an article, but no details of what he was referring to. And there is a lot he could have referred to. I was in no way implying that I didn't care for the Iraqis who died.
  • Reply 5 of 48
    I love everybody and everything is going to be alright.

• Reply 6 of 48
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    DigitalMonkeyBoy, nice to see you aren't jumping on anybody's back, like Defiant. AFAIK, Defiant is on your side!

Anyway, yup, yup, the conservative media completely ignores Iraqi civilian deaths?

No wait...

Man, that liberal FOX News, how anti-American of them!

EDIT: I went to FOX News because 1) CNN.com is very slow at the moment, and b) FOX News is well...you know...

EDIT 2: MSNBC link
  • Reply 7 of 48
    No seriously.

Why aren´t CNN reporting on this?

Has nothing happened before it is confirmed by the generals in Qatar? Is FOX really giving more adequate information than CNN during this war?
  • Reply 8 of 48
    Anders, I bet I could find a CNN link in seconds if I could even access CNN.com at the moment.
  • Reply 9 of 48
    OH JEEZ.

It's on the first freaking linked story at CNN.com.

Link

Quote:

Iraqi officials said U.S. munitions killed 15 Iraqi civilians at a popular market in Baghdad on Wednesday.

Following the report from the Iraqi Information Ministry, photographers from international news agencies confirmed seeing an undetermined number of dead and injured people, apparently civilians, and burned vehicles in the capital city.

No further information was available.

Iraq has reported 78 civilian deaths since Monday as a result of bombing raids. CNN cannot independently verify Iraq's figures.

• Reply 10 of 48
    Quote:

Iraqi officials said U.S. munitions killed 15 Iraqi civilians at a popular market in Baghdad on Wednesday.

Following the report from the Iraqi Information Ministry, photographers from international news agencies confirmed seeing an undetermined number of dead and injured people, apparently civilians, and burned vehicles in the capital city.

No further information was available

54 words long way down in an 757 word article about something else.

This may be the most significant event in the war so far. Not good enough.

[edit]Not that CNN almost doesn´t say something about it but that it happened. Gonna make some Baghdad citizents pretty pissed. And make the line in front of the cave of Bin Laden a few meters longer[/edit]
  • Reply 11 of 48
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    it's a CONSPIRACY!!!!!

give me a fuh-zucking break, if it's NEWS it's going to be published

interesting how it HAS to be on CNN to be "real" news

(with a petulant foot stomp)

you know, it's the intenet man, folks read ALL SORTS of news.
  • Reply 12 of 48
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders the White

54 words long way down in an 757 word article about something else.

This may be the most significant event in the war so far. Not good enough.

Oh please, this is the format CNN uses. They summarize the most recent events in their Full Story / Full Coverage link. CNN, FOX, MSNBC didn't have any investigative reporters covering this obviously. Notice how the FOX link is from the AP?

The blurb in your BBC link is even shorter, for JEBUS' SAKE.

EDIT: I forgot one thing. Don't be a doofus.
  • Reply 13 of 48
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

DigitalMonkeyBoy, nice to see you aren't jumping on anybody's back, like Defiant.

what?

Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

AFAIK, Defiant is on your side!

well, just against the war, yes.
  • Reply 14 of 48
    I'm sure plenty of Iraqis hate America more than they dislike Saddam. But I'm also pretty sure a notable portion of the population and scores of Iraqi exiles and expats would love to see Saddam gone.
  • Reply 15 of 48
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

It's still not being reported on CNN right now. You lose the bet.

??

I just linked it. CNN showed it earlier and CNN Headline News has mentioned it a few times already. Perhaps CNN International or CNN Asia will show it soon.

I wasn't aware this was a game. I don't know the rules, but I'll take your word for it. I lose!
  • Reply 16 of 48
    They don't dig us. They don't dig Saddam, but they don't dig us either.

We're invading their country.

In order to liberate them we have to humiliate them first. Despite what Rumsfeld and Bush would have you believe, it's not as simple as just getting rid of Saddam.

We should prepare ourselves NOW for a signal lack of gratefulness, not get all annoyed when it happens, and not be surprised when the people of Baghdad - who have been armed in civil defence measures by Saddam - actually use those arms against our troops when then they get there.

Sorry, but it's going to happen.
  • Reply 17 of 48
    Right, I just read the report on the BBC. It looks like as many as 45 people might have died.

These people were killed by an invading army taking action against international consensus. The people who were killed didn't invite that army in or those missiles to be fired at the military buildings they were aimed at.

Look at it from their angle. Saddam is a bastard but even he doesn't blow up shops.

What the bloody hell were we thinking.
  • Reply 18 of 48
    Quote:

They don't dig us. They don't dig Saddam, but they don't dig us either.

We're invading their country.

In what I believe was the first day of this, CBC asked an exiled Iraqi nuclear scientist to comment on whether he thought the first tape of Saddam was real. Anyway, he was in a bit of an outrage and after he had answered in the affirmative, he talked about blood in the streets when US soldiers invade Baghdad; not because they love Saddam, but because they want to protect their country.
  • Reply 19 of 48
    artman @_@artman @_@ Posts: 2,546member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Hassan i Sabbah

Look at it from their angle. Saddam is a bastard but even he doesn't blow up shops.

How do we know this? He gassed the Kurds. He orders his army to herd his own innocent civilians into military targets as human shields. Puts military equiptment and ordinance in or near hospitals, cemetaries and historical monuments. He dresses his soldiers in US and British uniforms and massacres his own civilians. And has launched SCUD missiles into Kuwait and who knows when/where else they will be launched and with what might be inside them...

I wouldn't be surprised that it was the Iraqi military that blew up the marketplace.

Which raises one BIG question. Why has the Iraqi people in Baghdad stayed in Baghdad after all these bombings?
  • Reply 20 of 48
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    http://www.news24.com/News24/World/I...338705,00.html

Of course as long as you're of the right religion you get treated very well. If you're Shi'ite, well that's another story.