PDA/tablet confirmation from macwhispers

Comments

• Reply 21 of 47
    mggmgg Posts: 124member
    I think that Bioflavanoid's ps job is great. Seems to me to be corect in size as well-or at least pretty close. Good job Bio!
  • Reply 22 of 47
    keyboardf12keyboardf12 Posts: 1,379member
    i clicked on the big view and it sent me to a smaller one that looks better...

nice size if it does exist.
  • Reply 23 of 47
    Quote:

Originally posted by keyboardf12

hey bio,

when i put in 188mm wide, 131mm height in photoshop my "tablet" looks smaller than yours?

is your size correct or i did i miss something?

i'm going by the macwhispers dimensions...

If you take a tape measure and measure the screen manually, you'll see that it is 8 inches.
  • Reply 24 of 47
    jccbinjccbin Posts: 476member
    straight-on shot as requested earlier

http://www.ro3.com/itabfront.jpg

I think maybe the corners rounding dimensions are too big.
  • Reply 25 of 47
    K guys, I made my version 2.0 of the iTablet: http://www.spymac.com/gallery/showph...sort=1&thecat= . It still isn't perfect, but I'm working on it. Here is a version with a screen lit and rounded edges as requested... I'll do a white plastic version later.. enjoy!
  • Reply 26 of 47
    mggmgg Posts: 124member
    Another good ps job Bio! Its jsut what i had imagined.
  • Reply 27 of 47
    netromacnetromac Posts: 863member
    If the iTablet (iTab/iPill) is going to run osX in some form, what kind of processor is needed to fulfill these goals?:[list=1][*]Speedy enough for general use[*]Cool enough to be comfortable[*]Battery life of at least 5 hours (it has to last a day without recharging).[/list=1]

Is the G3 the natural choice?
  • Reply 28 of 47
    cyclecycle Posts: 187member
    Quote:

Originally posted by NETROMac

If the iTablet (iTab/iPill) is going to run osX in some form, what kind of processor is needed to fulfill these goals?:[list=1][*]Speedy enough for general use[*]Cool enough to be comfortable[*]Battery life of at least 5 hours (it has to last a day without recharging).[/list=1]

Is the G3 the natural choice?

no one knows..the chances are equal...a g4 or g3

a g3 would be higher clocked

a g3 is cheaper and cooler

the battery life is not the problem...an ibooks battery has to drive more and with its old battery technology it gets 5 hours for a 10" display

the tablet has an 8" display which is a lot smaller

iam estimating a g3 700-800 or a g4 600-800
  • Reply 29 of 47
    netromacnetromac Posts: 863member
    Quote:

the battery life is not the problem...

Battery life is always a problem. I hope we have at least 5 hours of REAL battery life, and hopefully more.

With such a small case you really need to have a cool processor without the need for a fan. Battery size is also something you have to take into account. It's a small enclosure and you have to fit both disk, battery and proseccor/motherboard/electronics into it.
  • Reply 30 of 47
    geddoegeddoe Posts: 45member
    132mm high, 188mm wide, and 24.6mm thick would be a little bit smaller than 2 DVD cases stacked in a pile. It would fit inside my coat pocket and give me something to carry around that doesn't scream steal me like my laptop case does. With airport exteme I could take it to either free public or paid wifi hotspots and connect at decent speeds. Watch either MW stevenotes or CNN.
  • Reply 31 of 47
    Quote:

Originally posted by Geddoe

132mm high, 188mm wide, and 24.6mm thick would be a little bit smaller than 2 DVD cases stacked in a pile. It would fit inside my coat pocket and give me something to carry around that doesn't scream steal me like my laptop case does. With airport exteme I could take it to either free public or paid wifi hotspots and connect at decent speeds. Watch either MW stevenotes or CNN.

Hehe, I'd LOVE to wardrive with that baby.... hehehehe.
  • Reply 32 of 47
    Hi! Just another little mock-up.

JPG 1024x768 189K

JPG 800x600 121K

Sorry my digi cam isn't so good.

Bye Badpat
  • Reply 33 of 47
    whoamiwhoami Posts: 301member
    Badpat....

nice work.

i think apple may have a twist on what we are thinking though!
  • Reply 34 of 47
    keyboardf12keyboardf12 Posts: 1,379member
    nice....
  • Reply 35 of 47
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    i think if apple is makig it will be beautiful...and possible somewhat usefull as well
  • Reply 36 of 47
    aubecaubec Posts: 3member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kesh

Personally, I put zero faith in anything coming from MacWhispers, considering the owner has been involved in several apparent frauds in the past.

I agree. He has tried to propagate false rumours of his own creation a couple times on spymac awhile back, and got caught in the act. I'll believe it when I see it.
  • Reply 37 of 47
    ludwigvanludwigvan Posts: 458member
    As I look at some of these mock-ups, is it just me or does anybody else feel like getting into a monkey costume and throwing a bone up in the air?

(Just kidding...)

• Reply 38 of 47
    Quote:

Originally posted by LudwigVan

As I look at some of these mock-ups, is it just me or does anybody else feel like getting into a monkey costume and throwing a bone up in the air?

(Just kidding...)

• Reply 39 of 47
    Ugh.

That's far to bulky for my tastes. I just recently bought an iPaq 1910 because it's beautifully small (replacing my old, clunky Cassiopea). The mockups shown in this thread are exactly the wrong size for me.

I'll either take tiny hand-held size (about like the 1910, thin and small) or laptop size. This is far too big for the pocket of your pants, which is usually what I have available, and too small for its own case.

Just my two cents.

John
  • Reply 40 of 47
    jccbinjccbin Posts: 476member
    I don't think this device is planned as a PDA, if it is real.

You won't be carrying it in your pockets. It'll be on the kitchen counter, or on the coffee table in the den, or snug in it's docking station.

It will need it's docking station to work (either plugged into it or within Airport Extreme range of it), I think.