iTablet image...

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
not sure if this link has been sent out, but with all the apple tablet rumors..

http://www.techimo.com/photo/showpho...t=1&thecat=500

The tablet portion looks great, but the base is kinda ugly. Is this an apple, or a rip off trademark, iTablet?? its running XP?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 41
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    Cool, this way Apple won't be able to get the name either, ahhahaha!!!
  • Reply 2 of 41
    alexanderalexander Posts: 206member
    Yeah, it was just a concept model shown at CeBit. Not by Apple, of course, I don't remember who though. Clearly they were trying to be Apple-esque though. And pretty much failed.
  • Reply 3 of 41
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    How did they fail, look just like an iBook??? mebbe the way it works, but not the way it looks, they pretty much nailed the Apple look and feel.
  • Reply 4 of 41
    jousterjouster Posts: 460member
    I'd buy an Apple version......

A tablet would be the perfect solution for taking notes during class, then organizing them later.

I wish they'd hurry - only two semesters left
  • Reply 5 of 41
    henriokhenriok Posts: 537member
    What is all the black useless space that frame the screen for?
  • Reply 6 of 41
    netromacnetromac Posts: 863member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jouster

A tablet would be the perfect solution for taking notes during class, then organizing them later.

Agree. It's a shame that I only have 2 1/2 months left at the university though. Well, I'm going to buy one anyway if the rumors are true.
  • Reply 7 of 41
    marloemarloe Posts: 26member
    i wonder how thick this tablet is, or how thick the Apple tablet will be...? most tablets are pretty thick now, 1.5" or so...most SLATE tablets are a little thinner, 1"-1.5" but, knowing apple, a tablet that was a almost as thin as a clipboard, yet just as strong and durable, would be awesome.
  • Reply 8 of 41
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    Funny tho, if someone were to crop out the area around the iTablet logo and leave some of the glossy white, they could easily pass it off as a leaked photo of Apple's tablet. It's almost the same font and who else uses the 'i's?
  • Reply 9 of 41
    othelloothello Posts: 1,054member
    thats the old font -- apple uses myriad now for everything...

(plus, why is that mock-up running XP?? )
  • Reply 10 of 41
    Quote:

Originally posted by othello

thats the old font -- apple uses myriad now for everything...

(plus, why is that mock-up running XP?? )

Myriad.....what......it might look like mYriad,,,,but apple for sure has their own customized font like many other big companies, especially Apple, who cares about Design, GD, ID, or type.

Since this is Already called iTablet...i wonder what Apple might cal their tablet...itab, iSlate, iApp, iWrite, iPad, iNote, etc

• Reply 11 of 41
    o and ao and a Posts: 579member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Matsu

How did they fail, look just like an iBook??? mebbe the way it works, but not the way it looks, they pretty much nailed the Apple look and feel.

funny guy matsu
  • Reply 12 of 41
    othelloothello Posts: 1,054member
    Quote:

Originally posted by marloe

Myriad.....what......it might look like mYriad,,,,but apple for sure has their own customized font like many other big companies, especially Apple, who cares about Design, GD, ID, or type.

but it is Myriad!
  • Reply 13 of 41
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    I think Apple should just redesign the iBook with a turnover screen, add some features to the interface, and bundle it with an OS X version of Ailas Sketchbook Pro. That would be trick. Later add the screen, and features to a yet unreleased PowerBook version. What else would you need? It's not like you would loose customers from the powerbook, or iBook lines. It would add to them big time. I don't own either, but I would if they did this. If someone does not need the turnover screen, all they have to do is not use it, but I'm sure everybody would use it for taking notes at the very least.

That's what I think.
  • Reply 14 of 41
    Quote:

Originally posted by othello

but it is Myriad!

you must be kidding..they might use myriad on their webpage, for LIVETYPE,,,,,but I thought you were talking about the "i" in iBook, iTablet, iMac,.....

unless you are the Graphic designer at Apple...u beat me....but...Apple, using a generic font for their signiture icon.......????
  • Reply 15 of 41
    Actually, im pretty sure it is Myriad... it's an Adobe font.
  • Reply 16 of 41
    maskermasker Posts: 451member
    Someone say iTablet?

Gratuitous repost of an earlier mockup.

MSKR
  • Reply 17 of 41
    Quote:

Originally posted by Masker

Someone say iTablet?

Gratuitous repost of an earlier mockup.

MSKR

This has to be the best mock-up I have ever seen. It almost made me want to go to that link!!
  • Reply 18 of 41
    Quote:

not sure if this link has been sent out, but with all the apple tablet rumors..

The tablet portion looks great, but the base is kinda ugly. Is this an apple, or a rip off trademark, iTablet?? its running XP?

Hey, can somebody put the image on this link to the Forum page....I'm not sure how to do this..thanks yo...

• Reply 19 of 41
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    Quote:

Hey, can somebody put the image on this link to the Forum page....I'm not sure how to do this..thanks yo...

Right click/open image in new window, this gives you the image URl and simply copy and paste it here. It's big tho, so I hope no one gets mad at me for posting it like this guy wanted

Actually, I'll remove the image and simply explain how the guy can do it and leave it to him to post. http://www.techimo.com/photo/data/51...tpivot-ppg.jpg
  • Reply 20 of 41
    Quote:

Originally posted by KidRed

Right click/open image in new window, this gives you the image URl and simply copy and paste it here. It's big tho, so I hope no one gets mad at me for posting it like this guy wanted

Not angry at you... But come on people... read the other threads. This has to be like the third time I have seen this image in as many threads...