Apple closes seven retail locations as Covid-19 cases continue to rise

Posted:
in General Discussion edited December 2021
Seven Apple Stores have temporarily closed due to increasing Covid-19 cases among employees.

As Covid-19 cases continue to surge, Apple has chosen to temporarily close seven of its retail locations across the U.S. and Canada. The following locations are currently closed:
  • Dadeland in Maiami, Florida

• The Gardens Mall in Palm Beach, Florida

• Lenox Square in Atlanta, Georgia

• Highland Village in Houston, Texas

• Summit Mall in Akron, Ohio

• Pheasant Lane in Nashua, New Hampshire

• Sainte-Catherine in Montreal, Quebec
According to Bloomberg, Apple typically closes a store when 10% of staff members test positive for Covid-19.

A week prior, Apple temporarily shuttered three of its locations in the U.S. and Canada.

On December 14, Apple reinstated its mask requirement for customers visiting an Apple Store in the United States. Several retail locations are limiting the number of customers that can be in a store at a single time.

Previously, Apple had ended the mandate in early November, citing falling coronavirus cases and increased vaccination as the reason for the change.

Since reopening all of its Apple Store locations earlier in 2021, the company has yet to close its entire retail operations. Instead, Apple shutters individual stores on a case-by-case basis.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    How long until the comments are closed on this article?
    JaiOh81cat52curiousrun8
  • Reply 2 of 11
    Can see the American public starting a ‘class action’ lawsuit already 🙄
    JaiOh81
  • Reply 3 of 11
    fred1fred1 Posts: 1,112member
    Just as soon as the fanatics on either side start posting.   Oh to be able to discuss a topic calmly, without accusations and slander.  
    muthuk_vanalingamcuriousrun8williamlondon
  • Reply 4 of 11
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,015member
    If it is affecting their staffing, I totally get it. And I am someone who is completely opposed to lockdowns and mask mandates and vaccine mandates, even though I am double vaxxed. 
  • Reply 5 of 11
    We cannot allow the truth to impact our reality.....

Apple products are luxury items.

Perhaps we need to focus on basic survival for our entire population including food and shelter and medical care.
    fred1
  • Reply 6 of 11
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,858administrator
    This depends on forum-goer behavior.

Keep it civil, and it stays open.
    ronn
  • Reply 7 of 11
    ApplePoor said:

Perhaps we need to focus on basic survival for our entire population including food and shelter and medical care.
    Many of them are luxury products, yes, but some are critical communication tools that people need to survive. No, I don't mean that you need to be able to purchase an iPhone 13 Pro in the middle of the pandemic, but if your existing iPhone 8 is not working for some reason, you need to be able to go somewhere to fix it. The cell phone is many peoples' only lifeline to contact emergency services, connect with loved ones during a pandemic which may keep them locked up at home, and in a laptop's case, it could well be their only income source.
    JinTechwilliamlondonbaconstang
  • Reply 8 of 11
    JinTechJinTech Posts: 1,020member
    ApplePoor said:

Many of them are luxury products, yes, but some are critical communication tools that people need to survive. No, I don't mean that you need to be able to purchase an iPhone 13 Pro in the middle of the pandemic, but if your existing iPhone 8 is not working for some reason, you need to be able to go somewhere to fix it. The cell phone is many peoples' only lifeline to contact emergency services, connect with loved ones during a pandemic which may keep them locked up at home, and in a laptop's case, it could well be their only income source.
    It would be nice if Apple turned these stores into AppleCare centers until they are able to re-open as stores. This way, if someone needs their device serviced they still have a place to get it diagnosed or serviced.
    williamlondon
  • Reply 9 of 11
    ciacia Posts: 247member
    Man I expected a brawl in the comments and everyone is being nice.  I wasted this popcorn.
    fred1williamlondon
  • Reply 10 of 11
    fred1fred1 Posts: 1,112member
    cia said:
    Man I expected a brawl in the comments and everyone is being nice.  I wasted this popcorn.
    I agree. What a waste of a good pandemic. 
  • Reply 11 of 11
    JinTechJinTech Posts: 1,020member
    cia said:
    Your negative comments have encouraged me to get a fresh batch of popcorn! /s  :D
    baconstang