Next Safari Public Beta

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 34
    v.71 correctly displays AppleInsider's font.
  • Reply 22 of 34
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    I don't use beta software unless it's publicly released.
  • Reply 23 of 34
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

Same here.
  • Reply 24 of 34
    At first, Safari ran like a dream on my iBook, then it suddenly became quite slow, often grinding to a halt with the dreaded beachball. Cleared the cache - even the cookies.

I guess something was tweaked the wrong way in one of the updates.

Bah, my iBook is cursed. The people at Flextronics are probably laughing at it right now - or performing an exorcism.
  • Reply 25 of 34
    kim kap solkim kap sol Posts: 2,987member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DoctorGonzo

At first, Safari ran like a dream on my iBook, then it suddenly became quite slow, often grinding to a halt with the dreaded beachball. Cleared the cache - even the cookies.

I guess something was tweaked the wrong way in one of the updates.

Bah, my iBook is cursed. The people at Flextronics are probably laughing at it right now - or performing an exorcism.

I could be wrong but Safari v71 seems to start hogging the CPU in some instances. I don't know in what particular instance, but I remember this morning realizing that everything on my computer was slow...starting with the screensaver...so I ran top and saw that Safari was using 160ish% CPU (on a dual 800).

Use v71 with caution.
  • Reply 26 of 34
    Our own entry site says a new Public Beta is due soon. I can hardly wait... (please please please be tuesday....)
  • Reply 27 of 34
    Quote:

To make it worse, Apple already killed the seed program to most developers. They are going to be pissed when they find out most of the people on AI have it again..

Personally I don`t tend to use beta software unless its released either - besides when the full thing is released you go "god damn" instead of well this is a *little* better
  • Reply 28 of 34
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Just a note: v60 is displayed as version number "0.8.2" while v71 is "0.9." And it took about two months to get there. All that points to a 1.0 release (v80 or thereabouts) in another two months - WWDC.
  • Reply 29 of 34
    r2k2r2k2 Posts: 1member
    Downloading Safari Update 1.0 Beta 2 (v73) now via Software Update!
  • Reply 30 of 34
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Quote:

Originally posted by R2K2

Downloading Safari Update 1.0 Beta 2 (v73) now via Software Update!

Yep it's also available via their web site: http://www.apple.com/safari/

I've been playing with 73 and boy is it nice!!

Dave
  • Reply 31 of 34
    autofill is now done through preference panel, with an on/off for

user names / passwords....nice
  • Reply 32 of 34
    screedscreed Posts: 1,077member
    Tabs! (wheeee!) Tabs!

Screed
  • Reply 33 of 34
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    OMG was i wrong or what

this is awesome tho, i hope they fixed the occasional beachball of death when closing a tab.
  • Reply 34 of 34
    I just noticed the coolest thing, if you have a folder, which pulls down on the Bookmarks Bar, it has the option at the bottom to open all the websites in tabs.

God this is awesome!