13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 46
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    crowley said:
    GeorgeBMac said:
    crowley said:
    GeorgeBMac said:
    So unless you personally experience some great benefit -- despite, as the article clearly stated -- how American Telecoms have mismanaged it, you claim all of 5G is worthless.

Got it.
    The world seems to think otherwise though.  But stand your ground!
    Actually they never said 5G was worthless, just:
    I’m still not understanding how 5G on my iPhone matters.
    Which you replied to and starting tilting at windmills, as per usual.

As I pointed out:  judging something only by its personal benefit to you -- especially something critical to the nation's infrastructure -- is misguided.   As the article pointed out:  other countries (including the "C" word (I won't use the full name because that would set off your hate reflex) have surged ahead of us.-- while we debate "What does this do for ME????"
    Judging something by its personal benefit to you is what every single person does every single day with basically every single thing.  To say it's misguided is so far beyond idiotic.

And to reiterate, absolutely no one has said that companies and governments should not invest in 5G.  Go find another windmill.

But, but, but.... what has it done for ME?  This is all about ME!   Only I count!
    That attitude is why China is surging ahead. 
    So now your failed attempts to answer my question, the benefits of 5G over 4G or Wi-Fi, have come down to you saying it’s some type of personality flaw with me being selfish. “Only I count!” Ha ha! If “I” equals “cell phone users”, of which there are billions.

Simply responding to your demand that 5G make your personal life better or it has no value.
    Incorrect. Those are your words, not mine. You still have failed to give any examples of what people can do with 5G on their personal cell phone that they couldn’t already do. It wouldn’t be this hard if there were actual, tangible benefits other than “it’s faster”. 
    So if it doesn't speed up your cell phone it has no value?   Got it.
    Saying "got it" apparently does not mean you get it.  If having 5G in an iPhone does not make the iPhone appreciably better in any way, then it has not value for the iPhone user.  That doesn't mean 5G as a technology has no value at all, that has never been the argument, just that in the context of that phone and that user, it has no value.  No demands, no selfishness, just a simple everyday truth.

That you don't get this simple truth and appear to be trying to turn another topic into some sort of China platform is what is making people want to smash their heads into things.
    ihatescreennamesmuthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 42 of 46
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    crowley said:
    crowley said:
    GeorgeBMac said:
    crowley said:
    GeorgeBMac said:
    So unless you personally experience some great benefit -- despite, as the article clearly stated -- how American Telecoms have mismanaged it, you claim all of 5G is worthless.

Got it.

As I pointed out:  judging something only by its personal benefit to you -- especially something critical to the nation's infrastructure -- is misguided.   As the article pointed out:  other countries (including the "C" word (I won't use the full name because that would set off your hate reflex) have surged ahead of us.-- while we debate "What does this do for ME????"
    Judging something by its personal benefit to you is what every single person does every single day with basically every single thing.  To say it's misguided is so far beyond idiotic.

And to reiterate, absolutely no one has said that companies and governments should not invest in 5G.  Go find another windmill.

But, but, but.... what has it done for ME?  This is all about ME!   Only I count!
    So now your failed attempts to answer my question, the benefits of 5G over 4G or Wi-Fi, have come down to you saying it’s some type of personality flaw with me being selfish. “Only I count!” Ha ha! If “I” equals “cell phone users”, of which there are billions.

Simply responding to your demand that 5G make your personal life better or it has no value.
    Incorrect. Those are your words, not mine. You still have failed to give any examples of what people can do with 5G on their personal cell phone that they couldn’t already do. It wouldn’t be this hard if there were actual, tangible benefits other than “it’s faster”. 
    Saying "got it" apparently does not mean you get it.  If having 5G in an iPhone does not make the iPhone appreciably better in any way, then it has not value for the iPhone user.  That doesn't mean 5G as a technology has no value at all, that has never been the argument, just that in the context of that phone and that user, it has no value.  No demands, no selfishness, just a simple everyday truth.

That you don't get this simple truth and appear to be trying to turn another topic into some sort of China platform is what is making people want to smash their heads into things.

Turn it into a "China platform"?  LOL no... That's you and TMay.  You seem to be obsessed with it.

As for making the argument that 5G is worthless because he didn't see an improvement on his iPhone...  What can I say....   except:  "Got it".
  • Reply 43 of 46
    crowley said:
    crowley said:
    GeorgeBMac said:
    crowley said:
    GeorgeBMac said:

Got it.

Turn it into a "China platform"?  LOL no... That's you and TMay.  You seem to be obsessed with it.
    Nope.  I haven't mentioned China at all.  You on the other hand have put it in giant letters multiple times.  I know you don't like giving any evidence to back up your claims, but your own posts are the evidence here.  You've inserted US-China conflict in a thread that has nothing to do with it.

Got that?

Good, now shut up for a change.
  • Reply 44 of 46
    crowley said:
    crowley said:
    crowley said:
    GeorgeBMac said:
    crowley said:
    GeorgeBMac said:

Got it.

Nope.  I haven't mentioned China at all.  You on the other hand have put it in giant letters multiple times.  I know you don't like giving any evidence to back up your claims, but your own posts are the evidence here.  You've inserted US-China conflict in a thread that has nothing to do with it.

Got that?

I got that it was you, once again, using the "C" word.
  • Reply 45 of 46
    crowley said:
    crowley said:
    crowley said:
    GeorgeBMac said:
    crowley said:
    GeorgeBMac said:

Got it.

Got that?

I got that it was you, once again, using the "C" word.
    Oh my days, you disingenuous piece of shit.  I used the C word in criticism of you for using the C word.  Go to page 1 and search for the C word.  Oh look, it's George!  Go to page 2 and search for the C word. Oh look it's George, or people replying to George!  Absolutely nothing from me until the third page, where I'm criticising George for making the thread another part of his incessant China obsession.

But you know all this.  Of course you do.  You're just a zealout and an asshole.

I'm not even talking about the big C at all George, I'm just talking about you, and how unbelievably annoying you are.  Just shut up.
    edited February 2022 ihatescreennames
  • Reply 46 of 46
    crowley said:
    crowley said:
    GeorgeBMac said:
    crowley said:
    GeorgeBMac said:

Got it.

As for making the argument that 5G is worthless because he didn't see an improvement on his iPhone...  What can I say....   except:  "Got it".
    Incorrect, again. Those are your words, not mine. As I mentioned in an earlier post, your reading comprehension seems to be off. Here we are, several days into this, and you still haven’t given me 1 example of how 5G improves the experience on my cell phone aside from “it’s faster”.

In my first post I mentioned the standard marketing around 5G is multiple streams of video simultaneously and gaming. I also mentioned I have yet to actually SEE anyone doing either (except low bandwidth gaming). Then you criticized me for only thinking about “ME”.

Here’s part of an email I got this morning from Verizon. I’ll point out a couple of things: the header that claims to tell how 5G will benefit “you”, just to be clear, that’s “me”. How DARE they?! The other thing to notice is the email mentions speed related items 5 times, just in the part I’ve posted, and unsurprisingly mentions video and gaming. Nothing about national security, nothing about amazing new capabilities only available over 5G, only speed, which has been my point all along. 

muthuk_vanalingam