Final Cut Pro & iMovie updates have fix for export & playback bug

Posted:
in General Discussion edited August 2022
Apple has updated both iMovie and Final Cut Pro X with a minor fix that addresses a bug in both video editing apps.

Final Cut Pro header
Final Cut Pro header

The updates, version 10.3.4 for iMovie and version 10.6.4 for Final Cut Pro X, are now available to download from the Mac App Store. Both updates are free.

According to Apple's release notes, the updates address an issue that caused video frames to be out of order during export or playback. That bug fix was the only listed addition in Apple's release notes.

Some Final Cut Pro X users has noted that the bug specifically affected ProRes workflows. Prior to the update, only inconvenient workarounds like optimizing media files worked.

Apple's last update to iMovie and Final Cut Pro was released earlier in 2022 and also addressed several bugs.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Sigh… Yet another FCPX update that most likely won’t work for me. Still can’t get Final Cut to open at all since I updated my MacOS. Ugh. 
  • Reply 2 of 5
    M68000M68000 Posts: 719member
    Sigh… Yet another FCPX update that most likely won’t work for me. Still can’t get Final Cut to open at all since I updated my MacOS. Ugh. 
    Updated from what OS to what OS?   I’ve not had any issues just opening it after many OS updates and FCPX updates.  Maybe you should just start over and wipe your Mac and install fresh?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 5
    mpantonempantone Posts: 2,033member
    M68000 said:
    MMaybe you should just start over and wipe your Mac and install fresh?
    Before OP goes ahead with such extreme measures, I suggest OP deletes FCPX completely and reinstalls it from scratch.
    JinTechravnorodomCluntBaby92watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 5
    mpantone said:
    M68000 said:
    MMaybe you should just start over and wipe your Mac and install fresh?
    “Before OP goes ahead with such extreme measures, I suggest OP deletes FCPX completely and reinstalls it from scratch.”
    Yeah I’ve tried that over a half dozen times and it’s still the same issue - final cut won’t even open to a splash screen or anything anymore for me. Not when I try and open older project files or just open the app by itself. It refuses to open at all and it’s frustrating as hell because that’s been my primary editor application for nearly a decade and I’ve never had this issue until I updated my MacOS last December. Haven’t been able to use it since and have had to use *shudders* Premiere Pro…
    watto_cobra