Pixelmator Photo switches to subscription for new users

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    algralgr Posts: 27member
    Moan.

Moanpolymnia said:
    Where are all the people who held Pixelmator up as David versus Adobe’s Goliath, fighting the good fight on the side of consumer rights?
  • Reply 22 of 23
    Deleted app in under 30 seconds after reading this!
    So, you bought the software so this whole subscrition thing doesn't apply to you but you deleted the app anyway. That will show'em.
  • Reply 23 of 23
    polymnia said:
    Unless users are entitled to continual to use their last-paid version indefinitely (barring OS breakage), then renting software is definitely not better for consumers. 

I believe Panic does it that way -- subscribe for the latest updates, but keep what you have if it works for you.
     Think Capture One uses that same model. I cancelled my subscription when I wasn’t doing a ton of photo processing jobs and fired it up months later to find the software still worked just fine. Of course, I don’t think I would get any updates mail I re-upped my subscription. 

I certainly don’t like making payments into perpetuity, but am I the only one who can afford a lot more great software in this age of subscriptions?
    It is really perpelxing to understnad your complaint is in this situation. Pixelmator offeres a subscription option AND a single purchase option. Yet you are complainging that you can't just pay for the software.....  Do you often complain about getting the option you want?
    cornchip