Preorders for iPhone 14, AirPods Pro 2 have started

Posted:
in iPhone edited September 2022
The Apple Store is back up, and preorders have now begun for the iPhone 14 range, AirPods Pro 2, while resuming the new Apple Watch models.

The Dynamic Island makes alerts part of the sensor housing
The Dynamic Island makes alerts part of the sensor housing

It's expected that initially the greatest demand will be for the iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max, with Apple reportedly ordering manufacturers to concentrate on those.

The iPhone 14 Pro will start at $999 for its base 128GB configuration. The base iPhone 14 Pro Max will start at $1,099 (check out wireless carrier deals for incentives).

Buyers who get in first for these models can expect them to be shipped by September 16. That's the same date for the regular iPhone 14, which costs from $799.

Apple is also now taking preorders for the iPhone 14 Plus, but it won't be shipping at the same time as the other models. Instead, initial preorders for this model will see shipping by October 7.

The new AirPods Pro 2 can now be preordered, too, and they cost $249. The first orders placed for these updated AirPods Pro will ship to customers by September 23, 2022.

At the same time as opening preorders for the iPhone 14 range, Apple is still taking them for the Apple Watch. The three new models of Apple Watch were originally made available for preorder immediately after the "Far Out" event on September 7.

Of the three new models, first preorders for the Apple Watch SE and Apple Watch Series 8 will see shipping by September 16, but dates have been slipping. Initial Apple Watch Ultra preorders will be delivered on September 23, but this model is already seeing extended delays.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 22
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,858administrator
    We've confirmed this on desktop, and as of 8:03 the app is still down. Roll-out is going to depend on CDN, so be patient.
    edited September 2022 JFC_PAwatto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 22
    Done. It came up at maybe 8:04 for here in CT. 

Pre approved, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 256, Space Black. my Apple Silicone case arrives today, the iPhone Sept 16.
    edited September 2022 watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 22
    mike1mike1 Posts: 3,275member
    Still nothing for me on the site or app.
    Don't usually try to order stuff on day 1 at the opening bell. Is this normal?

Just ordered the new AirPods Pro through the website. App wouldn't work at all.
    Lost some cash back for not using Apple Pay on my work PC. Not a big deal. I would definitely be annoyed if I was ordering a new phone.

Update 2:
    Just received a second e-mail confirmation, so apparently the app that was throwing out error codes managed to place an order. I'll cancel one of them when the dust settles next week.
  • Reply 4 of 22
    Was done at 6:02 for iPhone 14 max pro 256gb in DP and done at 6:03 for air pod pro with engraving. Easiest it has ever been. The pre- order was golden. 
  • Reply 5 of 22
    Got my order in. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 22
    rob53rob53 Posts: 3,241member
    Pro Max, black, 256GB delivering 9/26 (already delayed or this configuration was going to be delayed anyway).

Did the pre-order and it went fine for me. No problems with Apple Pay because it was done earlier. Got unlocked version using Apple Card payments. Also ordered a leather Strada case from Otterbox. It should arrive before iPhone. Traded in my iPhone 11 Pro Max (2.5mm shorter). Easier to do this than to try and find someone who wanted to pay me for my old one.
  • Reply 7 of 22
    eriamjheriamjh Posts: 1,631member
    Store app self-updated at 8:03 and I was done in 20 seconds. 

Red 14 128GB.  Nothing fancy.  All Pre-pre-ordered on wed.  

The most seamless and painless order ever since the introduction of the iPhone for me.   
    edited September 2022 StrangeDaysJFC_PAwatto_cobra
  • Reply 8 of 22
    twokatmewtwokatmew Posts: 48unconfirmed, member
    Got my order in: 14 Pro, space black, 256GB
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 9 of 22
    Pro, purple, 128GB, pre-configured via the app, comes in 9/16. Woot…

App version of store 2-3 mins after the hour. 
  • Reply 10 of 22
    saareksaarek Posts: 1,520member
    In typical Apple fashion their site only became operational 10 mins after the time they stated it would, also not a single iPhone Pro Max colour would ship in time for 16/09, earliest on any model was 26/09 - 03/10.

Might be lucky on the day and just pick one up from the store.
    williamlondonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 11 of 22
    ProMax, Space Black, 512GB delivering 9/16. Placed my pre-order as soon as the store came online. Same phone at 8:17 delivers 10/3
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 12 of 22
    Got mine Iphone 14 pro max 256 gb space black, delivering 9/16
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 13 of 22
    Pro Max Purple 256GB.

Pretty much the most glitchy ordering process I can recall form recent times. The ATT carrier discount process was a complete mess, kept asking me to re-input data multiple times. Finally I changed devices (switched to Mac instead of iPad and did it via the website), and it went through. But during that time the delivery went from Sep 16 to Sep 28-Oct 5.

Sigh. One would think that, a decade+ later, Apple had got this thing down... (but, first world problems, I suppose).

Add 1: Saving the data to pre-order just slowed things down (didn't even work, the first couple of times)
    Add 2: No email confirmation yet.
  • Reply 14 of 22
    Pro, Silver, 512GB.

Ordered eventually but Apple Pay failed a few times. I now appear to have 2 on order! Had a text confirmation about the pick up but no email yet.

Fingers crossed...
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 15 of 22
    Pro, purple, 512GB. I noticed that ordering was less orderly this year on the iOS Apple Store App. Since I'm in Apple's yearly upgrade program, I get my order pre-approved a few days in advance and, in years past, that pre-approved order is waiting for me to process immediately once the Apple Store "opens." Not this year. There was nothing to inidcate I had a pre-approved order waiting. I had to start the pre-order process all over again, and once I chose the phone I was upgrading, then picked my new phone, the color and the storage, only THEN did the store app pull up my pre-approved order. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 16 of 22
    Glitches glitches glitches. Several problems with "Page Not Found" errors once configuration was competed, problems with pickup vs delivery forcing a reload of page, non-Apple credit card option selected but then taken to the Apple card page forcing a reload, etc. Waited 10min for the store page to come up, then it took another 15-20min to deal with all the glitches. 14Pro/256gb/Blk - east coast, ATL GA, del'y scheduled for 9/16.  
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 17 of 22
    smooth order. store came up about 4 after
    prepped pre-order yesterday, worked quickly with a few clicks to confirm
    apple pay on Mac
    unlocked 14 pro gold 1TB delivers 9/16  :#
    A good experience
  • Reply 18 of 22
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,152member
    In Australia did not go live until about ten past.

Got the new AirPods Pro through app, but a bit clitchy. Deliver 23/9.
    just looked at it still is 23rd for new orders. Must have plenty of stock, or all the focus is on the iPhones.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 19 of 22
    jibjib Posts: 56member
    IPhone Pro purple 256k, ordered st 8:05 am, arriving 9/16. AirPods Pro 2 coming 9/23. Site came up at 8;06. Preorder was fairly easy. Mail confirmation of both orders came about 10 minutes later. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 20 of 22
    The pre-pre-order process was a mess for me. It failed on the first try at 5 past the hour then was unable to be found on retry. Finally got my order in at 25 past and got the confirmation email at 47 past. iPhone Pro 256G Purple delivery 9/16
    watto_cobra