Real Pic Of iPod? (pic inside)

Comments

• Reply 101 of 143
    cry me a river ass-goblin...if the title insults you then don't read it, no need to waste space with dumb replies that help you boost your tiny ego.

Secondly, maybe it's an iPod prototype, not a new iPod, but maybe a prototype for this generation of iPods
  • Reply 102 of 143
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Keep this civil.

If you feel compelled to insult a fellow member, go take a walk or whatever it takes, but get over yourself and post when you can at least muster a minimum of courtesy.
  • Reply 103 of 143
    algolalgol Posts: 833member
    MMMM...

One thing that we should have all learned from the iWalk and quicksilver photos is that you can not tell if it is real just by the quality of the image. There is always a chance that this is a real photo of an Apple product. One reason why Apple Legal may not be saying anything is because there is no visible Apple logo on the picture. There is no way for apple legal to claim this is an apple product without giving more away than just letting it rest.
  • Reply 104 of 143
    Quote:

Originally posted by The_Squeege

cry me a river ass-goblin...if the title insults you then don't read it, no need to waste space with dumb replies that help you boost your tiny ego.

Secondly, maybe it's an iPod prototype, not a new iPod, but maybe a prototype for this generation of iPods

Cry me a river... ass-goblin? LOL! No need to get so upset.

Maybe it's a cheap plastic from an old Radio-Shack toy. If you don't like people disagreeing with you, then don't post.
  • Reply 105 of 143
    I'm not upset and I also don't care if people don't agree with me, but I hate the fact that this is a board for speculating future hardware, I post a pic of something that looks like a future apple product, and most people just pass it off as a fake. Why come here if you're such a skeptic. When will anybody say "No doubt about it, that picture is real" It seems that ever picture posted here is passed off as a fake and it gets very annoying.
  • Reply 106 of 143
    Quote:

[i] When will anybody say "No doubt about it, that picture is real" [/B]

the day the object in the picture is announced.
  • Reply 107 of 143
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    I think the misleading title of the thread and the obviously non-Apple design of the supposed new iPod can get some people "bothered". This site is notorious for a lack of civility and common sense by some. It's part and parcel of AI.
  • Reply 108 of 143
    macgregormacgregor Posts: 1,434member
    Quote:

I'm not upset and I also don't care if people don't agree with me, but I hate the fact that this is a board for speculating future hardware, I post a pic of something that looks like a future apple product, and most people just pass it off as a fake. Why come here if you're such a skeptic. When will anybody say "No doubt about it, that picture is real" It seems that ever picture posted here is passed off as a fake and it gets very annoying.

Sorry you are so bothered Squeege, but no one here is bothered by speculation and most like me really like photos of anything remotely suggesting FUTURE HARDWARE.

Some of us are just annoyed when a title of a thread should have a "?" and it doesn't....like yours. If it read, "Real Pic of [new] iPod? " then no one would have complained....or bothered to read your legitimate speculation. You have to admit though, the photos really look less than useful and the device doesn't even look close to Apple-like.

Peace to all Ass-goblins!
  • Reply 109 of 143
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    Quote:

This site is notorious for a lack of civility and common sense by some. It's part and parcel of AI.

i beg to differ....except at AO, almost all threads here are quite civil...the mods do a fine job and most people here are fairly level-headed...at some site you would see the term "ass-goblin" in everyother post...here it is rare enough to make you lol...mostly the kids play nice...sometimes the tempers flare or someone is pissed because their thread is locked (i look on that as a badge of honor...or course i don't need no stinkin' badges, but that is for another time)....AI is fairly tame (except AO of course)...which is nice...allows the girls to feel more welcome here (which is why AI only has a 1000 to 1 boy to girl member ratio, as opposed to other computer website that have a 100,000 to 1 boy/girl ratio)

g
  • Reply 110 of 143
    Quote:

Well I feel it's my duty to apologize for such harsh comments about the picture you posted. I'm sorry. I appreciate everyone's contributions to this message board, as it keeps the forum interesting and makes me come back to read it.

Let's now hope Apple DOES release a new iPod. Last nite my house was robbed and among the things they stole was my beloved iPod. It's been one of the worst years in my life. Okay, I needed to vent.
  • Reply 111 of 143
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    shit...that sucks MA....sorry to hear that....i hope apple releases a new iPod just for you of course i would benefit too...but that would just be a bonus...

g
  • Reply 112 of 143
    Mods can feel free to change the title...if that is even possible.

Also, the picture of the front does look like something apple would release, to me at least. The back is a little iffy but then again it might just be a prototype of the current iPod. That would make sense.
  • Reply 113 of 143
    Quote:

Originally posted by thegelding

shit...that sucks MA....sorry to hear that....i hope apple releases a new iPod just for you of course i would benefit too...but that would just be a bonus...

g

Thanks thegelding, for the support. At least I still have my PowerBook. I'd go completely bonkers without it.
  • Reply 114 of 143
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Quote:

Mods can feel free to change the title...if that is even possible.

It is possible. I just did it.
  • Reply 115 of 143
  • Reply 116 of 143
    Someone wanna privately post the above image?

I'm really tired of having to register for sites to see content
  • Reply 117 of 143

here it is, so you don't have to bother becoming a member.

Looks familiar, I think someone is up to their old tricks again.

ciao,

michael
  • Reply 118 of 143
    teddyteddy Posts: 155member
    I don't know how to post a image but I have the pic
  • Reply 119 of 143
    gargoylegargoyle Posts: 660member
    my reasons why this is a Blag...

1.) The wheel in my iPod does not turn, it just senses your finger movements like the mouse pad things on the laptops. That wheel looks like it turns and hence a step back.

2.) If its a touch screen why have those three naff buttons ? And if the middle button was just some sort of generic select button it would probably have an apple logo.

3.) The text on the screen has been blurred afterwards, just so you can make out the date as April 2003/2 and nothing else.

4.) There is enough room at the bottom to fit the wheel in without hiding part of the screen. Which is just again.... naff

PS. Just click the spymac members only image, and the page reloads showing the true image.
  • Reply 120 of 143
    Thanks, michael for posting the pic

That is a much more interesting pic than the previous two although the screen has been blurred to prevent us from seeing the operating system (although it does look like a To Do List or something of the sort with the date at the top left of the screen.

As someone said earlier, I think it is silly or a mistake to allow the wheel to cover part of the screen. Evene though I don't feel particularly convinced (although Apple undoubtedly must produce a wack of prototypes?) I always enjoy stuff like this! 8)