Is Fox News Conservative?

Comments

• Reply 41 of 78
    Quote:

Originally posted by ena

I give up.

*leaves thread vindicated*

Please look at the poll results.

Then take your vindication and ram it with main force up your own bottom.
  • Reply 42 of 78
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ena

As bad or disingenous is Foxnews is supposed to be, where is the evidence that they are tampering with their reporting one way or another?

I'm not going to start a big search, but this should get you started:

The whole bovie thing is one example:

http://www.foxbghsuit.com/

and another thing I found on the way

http://www.commondreams.org/news2001/1108-22.htm

Of course, as icky as I feel about saying this, it would be a real problem for media outlets to be required to report 'the truth,' since that would certainly be abused. Therefore, you just have to have a clue (you listening ena?) and learn to see things for what they are. You have to be pretty clueless to think that Fox is objective. It's whole reason for being created was because Murdoch and friends thought that CNN was too 'liberal.'
  • Reply 43 of 78
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    Quote:

Originally posted by running with scissors

Quote:

Is Fox News Conservative?

i think a more important question would be; does the pope shit in the woods?

from where should I know that? do you know it?
  • Reply 44 of 78
    Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

conservative, or just not liberal? i guess that's the question above.

• Reply 45 of 78
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    Watch it Hassan. We don't need more people ****ing around, just because. thank you.
  • Reply 46 of 78
    Quote:

Originally posted by Defiant

Watch it Hassan. We don't need more people ****ing around, just because. thank you.

Understood.

I'm navigating using tabbed browsing with the new official beat release of Safari.
  • Reply 47 of 78
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by running with scissors

i think a more important question would be; does the pope shit in the woods?

No a more important question would be , does tiger shit in the woods. And especially at Augusta
  • Reply 48 of 78
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kneelbeforezod

The fact that Ann Coulter thinks Fox news actually is fair and balanced should be a pointer.

Yes, she mentioned that last night in the shower to me. But I told her "baby, let's talk about politics some other time...".

Hoo-hah!
  • Reply 49 of 78
    gilschgilsch Posts: 1,995member
    Is Fox news conservative? lol...hahaha....hehehe....good one...maybe just a "tad"? Not only that, but they're a sorry excuse for journalism. Any news channel that allows an anchor or reporter to say "The "Shi-ites" have hit the fan" on camera is a joke. Just like most Murdoch owned publications(plus the LA Dodgers )

http://68.1.17.8/emailtom/mediawatch.ram
  • Reply 50 of 78
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

Yes, she mentioned that last night in the shower to me. But I told her "baby, let's talk about politics some other time...".

Hoo-hah!

That's amazing.. She said the same thing to me this morning! And after I was done washing her dog...

...She paid me and I left.

• Reply 51 of 78
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gilsch

Is Fox news conservative? lol...hahaha....hehehe....good one...maybe just a "tad"? Not only that, but they're a sorry excuse for journalism. Any news channel that allows an anchor or reporter to say "The "Shi-ites" have hit the fan" on camera is a joke. Just like most Murdoch owned publications(plus the LA Dodgers )

Murdoch is an interesting character. You could compare him to William Randolph Hearst if you want. There's no doubt that he's as staunchly conservative as his Fox News channel, yet Murdoch has been more opportunistic than conservative on some occasions. For instance, the Village Voice and Michael Moore's TV show were both Murdoch-owned at some point. The Simpsons and the X-Files are on his Fox Network. So there can be exceptions.
  • Reply 52 of 78
    She obviously gets around, then. Something about doing "re-con" of the other side.
  • Reply 53 of 78
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    Conservative or not? Who cares? People watch what they "choose" to watch PERIOD. If I was to watch some of Fox at times it is my business.

This thread is like asking "Is the Toyota Corolla Fast?

What a laugh

Fellowship
  • Reply 54 of 78
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gilsch

That prayer there actually went on for quite a bit longer. I saw it live and was really in shock how Fox turned into a church. After flipping the channels a couple of times I came back and he was still going. It was a little freaky especially at a time when we have a clash of cultures that center around certain religions. On one side of the screen there were the warplanes while on the other there is a white male minister preaching (literally, like in church, not just commentary) about how this war is in line with God.
  • Reply 55 of 78
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    that link to the BGH story was interesting. that sure looked like them sitting on a story to me.

yeah it got thrown out in the long run, but looks like they lost to me, and rightly so.

is this just an indication of (rather than conservative/liberal) the problems that arise when too many large media outlets have their fingers in a lot of pies.

i thought a while back abc or cbs had a huge story on tobacco they sat on for legal reasons, and one of them had some disney stuff they never reported due to the parent company.

i think the bigger problem here is that news tends to be a loss leader, not a revenue generator, so every news show is tied into a lot of other areas. hard to report accurately when you'd be cutting your own throat.
  • Reply 56 of 78
    There was also a newsweek article a while back about child soldiers that neglected to point out the fact that the US is one of only two UN countries that haven't agreed to make minimum military age 18. Then they said the UN needs to enforce it more stongly. They also had graphs with countries with 'young soldiers' (teens under 18 ) and didn't include the US even though they recruit starting at 16.
  • Reply 57 of 78
    Can you actually go into the military at 16? Is that true? I don't know...I'm asking.

I always thought it was 18.

I got phone calls from local recruiters while in my final couple of years of high school (16 and 17), but they never said "you can quit school and join now!"

It was always more like "after graduation, Paul, what are your plans?"

Hmm. News to me.

You're not counting phone calls by recruiters and literature mailed (at request) as "military service" are you? They can't actually put on a uniform and get shot at until they officially enlist, go through training, etc.

I always thought that was 18. Am I wrong? Is it really 16? Is that to allow for high school drop-outs or whatever?
  • Reply 58 of 78
    http://www.fair.org/activism/child-soldiers.html

Sorry. 17 is the age the US recruits at, and 16 was the age they got the Optional Protocol to the Convention revised to.
  • Reply 59 of 78
    Quote:

Originally posted by FellowshipChurch iBook

Conservative or not? Who cares? People watch what they "choose" to watch PERIOD. If I was to watch some of Fox at times it is my business.

This thread is like asking "Is the Toyota Corolla Fast?

What a laugh

Fellowship

Once again, Fellowship, I think you have us on this one.

• Reply 60 of 78
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Quote:

Originally posted by FellowshipChurch iBook

"Is the Toyota Corolla Fast?

Fellowship

Now which Toyota Corolla would that be?

the one in my driveway? the one I saw yesterday at Murray and Forbes?

I know of one that is most definitely NOT fast . . . then again there are rumors about fast Toyotas . . . .but I try and pay them no nevermind . . . .

I guess we can drive any darn Toyota that we want to . . . right?

Of course it depends on what's available and at what price range . . . and there aren't any within ken that are Steel Blue anyway!

hmmm!