Comments

• Reply 41 of 56
    You.

Feeling a bit incoherent lately?
  • Reply 42 of 56
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

Steve Bing voided a contract with Sean Penn because he didn't feel like dealing with Penn's political volatility. Of course Penn sued him in return...

Let me get this straight. You're saying that a liberal was blacklisted in Hollywood because of his liberal political views?

Wow. Doesn't that kind of refute half of what's being said in this thread?
  • Reply 43 of 56
    jcjc Posts: 342member
    Liberals often strive to pass laws for others which do not apply to them.

Like the anti-SUV campaign awhile back. More than half of the actors involved drove SUV's

Sean Penn who is anti war, anti gun and anti death penality

has been arested for assult more than once. He owns many guns and even has a permit to carry a concealed weapon on his person.

Why would a peace activist need to carry a concealed weapon?

its almost like they do not feal that the laws they pass should apply to them
  • Reply 44 of 56
    whoops
  • Reply 45 of 56
    So who forgives the Dixie Chicks???
  • Reply 46 of 56
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bunge

Let me get this straight. You're saying that a liberal was blacklisted in Hollywood because of his liberal political views?

Sean Penn is blacklisted? When did I say that? I said producers are overly sensitive to volatile actors, liberal or conservative. Bing voided one contract. Learn to read.
  • Reply 47 of 56
    Quote:

Originally posted by bunge

There is no backlist. Do you know that Sean Penn gets paid a lot to talk at an anti-war talk. they all do. Sean is not on a black list, he has gotten into politics and that has put a strain on his career. Clinton makes 100 thusand dollars to give a talk. Susan Surandon and all of the left wing actors have a political following now. Many of them are having more success than people who have been trying to make a living politically for a long time. It is quite common for a second job to cause conflicts with the first.

Acting is a business which is dependent upon popularity. Politics is a business where you are required to take a side, which by defination will turn half of the people againt you. The very nature of politics will cause challanges to an actors career. this has always been true, even for Reagan.\
  • Reply 48 of 56
    randycat99randycat99 Posts: 1,919member
    I wonder if Keifer Sutherland is pro or anti (given he is in that "24" series).
  • Reply 49 of 56
    Quote:

Originally posted by Randycat99

I wonder if Keifer Sutherland is pro or anti (given he is in that "24" series).

I do not know, but I would guess that he is "PROwar"
  • Reply 50 of 56
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by JC

I do not know, but I would guess that he is "PROwar"

I'd guess Kiefer's Pro-Canadeh.
  • Reply 51 of 56
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

I'd guess Kiefer's Pro-Canadeh.

well, if he is anti-war at least he is smart enough to be content with his roll as an entertainer rather than becomming political, an area where he is not trained in or has studied up on.
  • Reply 52 of 56
    randycat99randycat99 Posts: 1,919member
    Thinking about it more, is it possible to ascertain whether his character in 24 would be prowar or antiwar? Certainly he is pro-action, though. Given the character's prowar/antiwar status, what if Keifer himself is opposite to that disposition? Would that make it hard to play the role or is it just another job? Is it hypocritical to benefit from the character/show if he is against what it stands for, or again, is it just a job to get done in the end?
  • Reply 53 of 56
    Quote:

Originally posted by Randycat99

Thinking about it more, is it possible to ascertain whether his character in 24 would be prowar or antiwar? Certainly he is pro-action, though. Given the character's prowar/antiwar status, what if Keifer himself is opposite to that disposition? Would that make it hard to play the role or is it just another job? Is it hypocritical to benefit from the character/show if he is against what it stands for, or again, is it just a job to get done in the end?

Um, Hollywood has done this for years. I have never seen a movie where everybody gets together and talks it out with the bad guys untill a peacefull resolution is reached. plus the movie would be about 35 hours long and would end with everybody holding hands and singing "Happy together" the reason movies are not made like this is because Hollywood can not even invent a situation that would work in a belivable way in a movie.

if someone knows of a film like that i would love to see it!
  • Reply 54 of 56
  • Reply 55 of 56
  • Reply 56 of 56
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Hurray for pro war actors:

Quote:

Arnold Schwarzenegger was in Iraq to promote his "Terminator 3" film on a July 4 USO trip. He told the troops that while in Iraq he'd seen poverty and a "leadership vacuum, pretty much like in California right now.''

From CNN