What would make you upgrade your iBook?

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 49
    All I want..and I know Apple can deliver-

133 MHz bus (easy, considering even 133 is so oldschool now! They could even be nice and upgrade the PB to a PC2100, then the iBook could do the TRUE 200 MHz bus)

800MHz (obviously available since you can do a software oc to 800 as it is)

32 MB graphic card (its already on the market, all they have to do is include it)

AGPx4..again..old school...

More RAM..for given reasons.
  • Reply 42 of 49
    Tere's an article about the same topic over at <a href="http://www.macopinion.com/columns/roadwarrior/02/08/20/index.html"; target="_blank">MacOpinion</a>!

... 800MHz+ G3 and more VRAM and spanning support!

Apple listen: I'll buy even two ...
  • Reply 43 of 49
    kecksykecksy Posts: 1,002member
    [quote]Originally posted by BNOYHTUAWB:

<strong>...I'll buy even two...</strong><hr></blockquote>

Sure you will.
  • Reply 44 of 49
    big macbig mac Posts: 480member
    My iBook 466 is superior to the current offerings, IMO, so it would take a lot to get me to upgrade. (My iBook's styling is many times superior to the iceBook, but everyone has different tastes.) My iBook serves me really well, and I like using machines for a good many years until I can no longer stand not to upgrade. I usually like to wait about four or five years before I upgrade.

This would be the iBook that would make me want to upgrade:

1GHz+ PPC

30GB HD

32MB GPU

My 8600 should be replaced by a G5 within a year, so I won't be in any hurry to end my iBook's service.
  • Reply 45 of 49
    G4, plain and simple. That I see is the most important feature missing off the iBook right now. My sister just got a new iBook to take off to school and its still pretty slow in OS X (although to her it feels faster than her iMac Rev B in 9.1 so she's more than happy). I have a 500 MHz iBook and my sister's is considerably faster.

However the following features would also be nice:

removeable ram in lower slot

more VRAM

133 MHz bus

longer battery life in OS X

faster burner

bigger screen (13") in same small enclosure
  • Reply 46 of 49
    i expect nothing less than:

867Mhz, 733Mhz

133Mhz Bus

4x AGP

Bluetooth built in

monitor spanning
  • Reply 47 of 49
    woozlewoozle Posts: 64member
    I would add:

move the power plug to the left hand side, so the the 'book can be slid into a docking station in one action.

I would love to have an icurve on my desk with all the cables managed by it.
  • Reply 48 of 49
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    [quote]Originally posted by woozle:

<strong>move the power plug to the left hand side, so the the 'book can be slid into a docking station in one action.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Now that's a good suggestion. It bothers me to no end that with and without a docking station, you've got cables connecting to the iBook on two sides. Makes no sense!

Escher
  • Reply 49 of 49
    imudimud Posts: 140member
    A winning lottery ticket... Yea then I would buy lots of macs...