Apple Vision Pro screen refresh rate is up to 100Hz, it has Bluetooth 5.3, and more techni...

Posted:
in Apple Vision Pro edited January 19

After half a year of knowing nothing technically about the Apple Vision Pro, Apple has spelled out many of the specs of the unit. Here's what you need to know.

Apple Vision Pro taken apart in layers, showing the key components and sensors
Apple Vision Pro exploded view

For Apple's own reasons, it's been reticent to detail the Apple Vision Pro. However, when the Apple Store came back up, there was a new technical specs page attached to the order page, and now on the company's homepage.

Undisclosed at launch, there are three storage capacities. Apple Vision Pro headsets come in 256GB, 512GB, and 1TB storage configurations. At this time, it doesn't appear that RAM quantities differ as they do in the iPad as storage configurations climb, as the spec sheet claims a universal 16GB of RAM across all units.

Most notably, the "display" has been detailed, although some questions remain. Apple says that it has 23 million pixels, using micro OLED technology. The display has a 7.5-micron pixel pitch and covers 92% of the DCI-P3 color gamut.

Refresh rates are fairly standard for a higher-end VR headset. Apple says the unit refreshes at 90Hz, 96Hz, and 100Hz, depending on content.

The M2 processor is effectively the current Mac mini M2 processor with an 8-core CPU and a 10-core GPU.

Other specs are a little hazier. The unit's main camera has "6.5 stereo megapixels." There are two high-resolution main cameras, six world-facing tracking cameras, four eye-tracking cameras, the TrueDepth camera system, and the LiDAR Scanner.

Other sensors include four inertial measurement units, a flicker sensor, and an ambient light sensor.

Optic ID uses iris-based biometric authentication of the user. It works very similarly to FaceTime in how it secures and verifies the user.

Audio is perhaps the least surprising section. The spec sheet doesn't get into specific specifications other than having speakers with spatial audio and head tracking. However, it has a six-microphone array with directional beamforming, and the documentation is clear that it requires a H2 to H2 connection for now, just to the refreshed second-generation AirPods Pro that shipped with the MagSafe charging case.

Connectivity is provided with Wi-Fi 6 and Bluetooth 5.3.

As we discussed in our use of the headset over the summer, the unit without the battery weighs 650 grams -- or 1.4 pounds.

The tech specs also reiterate what comes in the box. The Apple Vision Pro will include the Solo Knit Band and Dual Loop Band. By adding both, Apple is giving users the choice of how they want the Apple Vision Pro to fasten to their heads.

Smaller items in the box include a Light Seal and two Light Seal Cushions, to minimize external light from leaking in and spoiling the effect for users.

The box will also contain an Apple Vision Pro Cover for the front, an Apple Polishing Cloth, a battery, a USB-C Charge Cable, and a USB-C Power Adapter.

Further technical specifics will have to wait for actual use and teardowns of the unit.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    XedXed Posts: 2,575member
    I'm happy to be getting more specs to go over.
    williamlondongregoriusmbyronlwatto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,862administrator
    Xed said:
    I'm happy to be getting more specs to go over.
    Yeah, us too.
    williamlondongregoriusmbyronlwatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 7
    I have a mid-Feb delivery for AVP with 3 weeks stated for my Zeiss lenses.
    williamlondongregoriusmbadmonkAlex1NForumPostbyronlwatto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Is the Vision Pro App Store on the web anywhere? Or do we have to actually have a Vision Pro to browse the Apps. 
    Alex1Nwatto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Go over “?”
  • Reply 6 of 7
    My post above was suppose to be in a different thread talking about shipping times, not some weird brag in the thread about tech specs. Not sure how that happened. 🤦‍♂️
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 7 of 7
    byronlbyronl Posts: 363member
    alandail said:
    Is the Vision Pro App Store on the web anywhere? Or do we have to actually have a Vision Pro to browse the Apps. 
    i think you can also browse it on the simulator but im not sure
    watto_cobra