Apple now has a good landing page to find manuals, specs, and downloads

Posted:
in General Discussion edited March 20

If you're missing the manual for your iPhone, Mac, iPad, or other Apple device, Apple's new and unified Manuals, Specs, and Downloads page has you covered.

Black background with white icons and text representing various Apple products like Mac, iPad, iPhone, and options for manuals, specs, and downloads.
Download documentation and software for your Apple devices

A new page has surfaced on the Apple support site, allowing users to download important documents and software related to their Apple devices.

Currently, the site boasts manuals, specs, and downloads for the following products:

• Mac

• iPad

• iPhone

• Apple Watch

• Apple Vision Pro

• AirPods

• Apple TV

• HomePod

• iPod

• Displays

• Accessories

Clicking on an individual device type takes you to a landing page that helps you identify the model of the device you have if you're unsure. Once identified, you can choose your device from the list and be taken to a page allowing you to view your device's specs and download any documentation.

Documentation page for the 2021 M1 iMac
Documentation page for the 2021 M1 iMac

It also features a software downloads section that hosts software downloads like iTunes, GarageBand, old versions of iMovie, Pages, Numbers, Keynote, and more.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    Why post an article and not give a link to the new page?!?!

I've searched the article up and down the page and don't find one.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 9
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,862administrator
    Why post an article and not give a link to the new page?!?!

I've searched the article up and down the page and don't find one.
    Wierd HTML issue. Fixed.
    Oferappleinsideruserwatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 9
    omasouomasou Posts: 576member
    Yay! Finally!
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 9
    iOS_Guy80iOS_Guy80 Posts: 814member
    Thank you. Thank you. Thank you for this notice about a new Apple resource page.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 9
    rundhvidrundhvid Posts: 124member

Finally—everything Apple-related is made available in one spot! A godsend to any it-historian

watto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 9
    This is a really great idea, everything organised and easily accessible. It would be nice to see even the really vintage stuff. I’m currently recapping some Macintosh Classics, and making all the service documents and even software from the pre-Intel days, including PowerPC and 68000 (and 6502!) would be just amazing. I know (or read anyway) that Steve Jobs hated looking backwards, but Apple have such a rich history and legacy many of us love.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 7 of 9
    I wish the Tech Specs were available as 8.5"x11" (or A4) size PDFs. I often specify Apple hardware along with other equipment and need to submit spec sheets for all the hardware I specify. I end up having to copy and paste the web based Tech Spec page(s) into a Word or Pages document, tweak to fit, then export/print to PDF. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 8 of 9
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,420member
    I wish the Tech Specs were available as 8.5"x11" (or A4) size PDFs. I often specify Apple hardware along with other equipment and need to submit spec sheets for all the hardware I specify. I end up having to copy and paste the web based Tech Spec page(s) into a Word or Pages document, tweak to fit, then export/print to PDF. 
    Weird, why would you have to do all that? Just Command-P > PDF menu > Save as PDF...

watto_cobra
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Weird, why would you have to do all that? Just Command-P > PDF menu > Save as PDF...

In the past, straight prints to PDF from web pages were very poorly laid out with extraneous graphics and such that are there for navigating the web site. Now that there is a dedicated web page for Tech Specs, it's definitely a lot cleaner, but I would still prefer a one or two page document.

BTW, if you choose "Export as PDF..." you get one really tall page. For the Mac mini, it ends up being 19.52 × 128.55 inches!
    watto_cobra