Radeon Mobility 9600

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 46
    Quote:

Originally posted by Existence

Looks like those whispers were partly true. I've heard some more recent(less reliable) whispers suggest to me that somewhere around February 2004 is when the 17" PowerBook will move to a Hydrogen-based economy.

Someone else was correct about the fact that Apple would opt for the 64MB version...

I thought it was the processors that kept the PB's from the crowd?

And may is quite some time away from september... So...

17" Powerbook + G5 + Hydrogen would make sense from a heat perspective.. But I think hydrogen based Powerbooks are at least 18 months away.
  • Reply 42 of 46
    Quote:

Originally posted by Existence

I've heard some more recent(less reliable) whispers suggest to me that somewhere around February 2004 is when the 17" PowerBook will move to a Hydrogen-based economy.

What does Hydrogen-based economy mean?
  • Reply 43 of 46
    algolalgol Posts: 833member
    wait amorph are you saying you can actually upgrade the GPU in the TiPowerBooks? If so how can you do this?
  • Reply 44 of 46
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Algol

wait amorph are you saying you can actually upgrade the GPU in the TiPowerBooks? If so how can you do this?

I don't know the details, but in the last revisions of the 15" and 17" the GPU was on a daughtercard, which would make it theoretically upgradeable.

I don't know about the current revision, though. The pictures I've seen didn't look promising: the CPU and the GPU appear to both be on the same board.
  • Reply 45 of 46
    So, the 1Ghz TiBook's GPU can be upgraded? Is it possible to put a 9600 in it? That would be awsome! Why am I thinking that this is not going to happen...?
  • Reply 46 of 46
    Does anyone know of any pictures of the Ti being dissected?