Apple brings back dark black for the iPhone 16 Pro

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    And... FINALLY.

The only color I've liked better than solid black for phones is a Product Red phone in a black case, just a little bit of the red showing through.  Last year's phones are just plain ugly.
  • Reply 22 of 27
    lewchenkolewchenko Posts: 131member
    The only bit of my phone I can see is around the camera on the back thanks to the case. A nice bright clue case I may add !
    But even with that I still want a vibrant bold colour phone… and these are neither. They are boring. 
    I love how the Pixel phones often come in bright blues or lime green etc. 

The 16 is really shaping up to be a boring release. 
    edited August 2
  • Reply 23 of 27
    thrangthrang Posts: 1,029member
    Even if true who cares?

You would be nuts not to use a case on a device that cost what the modern smart phones do.
  • Reply 24 of 27
    diman80diman80 Posts: 30member
    DAalseth said:
    Ugg that is bad.  No blue or green.  Black, white and gray wow that is so lame. It seems like Apple is taking their cues from the automotive world which seems to despise colors.  
    You’ve noticed that too? I have seen some of the most boring, grey and putty coloured cars in the last couple of years. A few brands still like colour, but many are just ugly. 

mike1 said:
    Ugg that is bad.  No blue or green.  Black, white and gray wow that is so lame. It seems like Apple is taking their cues from the automotive world which seems to despise colors.  

Two points.
    1. Apple has a pretty good idea of what colors/shades are most popular over the years and can deliver that.
    2. That said, I would bet that there will be another "more colorful" choice this year as there is every release.
    Yes I’m sure they do. But they sure seems to shy away from colour on the Pro line. That said there was an article here yesterday that said there might be a bronze colour, which could be nice depending on the shade. But the Pro line seems to be very toned down, buttoned down, and businesslike. I’d love a nice purple, or maybe a dark metallic green.

I do find it funny. So many people will say they don’t care about the colour of the phone because they put it in a case anyway. Maybe they put them in a colourful case because the stock colours aren’t that great. 
    I don't see any reason to whine or complain. Phones are basically electronic devices, with just a screen visible on most occasions. Produce devices and cars in color options to please everyone is impossible. But, you can always:
    - buy car in an ordinary color and wrap it any way you like.
    - buy a phone and put it in any case you like.
  • Reply 25 of 27
    I had the black iPhone 7.  I liked it.  If this rumor is true, that's gonna be my 16 color.
  • Reply 26 of 27
    56Oval said:
    It’s Matte not Matt 😉

William is British, where the spelling of matte is different than in the US.   The correct spelling is "matt" in this case.

I support William's spelling of this colour.
  • Reply 27 of 27
    Gloss black is ideal!  Matte is ugly and cheap looking!

All the colors offer here white, black, gray are very bland!
    edited August 6