Leak shows rumored bronze titanium iPhone 16 Pro

Posted:
in iPhone edited August 16

A further leaked image purporting to be of colors for the forthcoming iPhone 16 Pro shows a different selection, this time including bronze.

Four iPhones in white, black, silver, and gold colors, aligned side by side displaying their back with three camera lenses.
Image claiming to show colors for the forthcoming iPhone 16 Pro

The addition of a new color to the range was first rumored in late July 2024, when Weibo-user "Fixed Focus Digital" described it in translation as "especially like bronze." The same leaker previously insisted there would be green, white, and purple colors, though most other sources expect a rose-colored option.

In the latest of a series of leaks by Sonny Dickson, however, has again shown an image with no commentary.

The notable element of the image is that, seemingly for the first time, it includes the bronze color. In this shot it appears to be at least a little more brown than bronze, though.

As with the last leak, there is no indication that these four colors are intended to be the only ones available. However, Apple currently offers four colors for the iPhone 16 Pro and iPhone 16 Pro Max.

The last leak by Dickson regarding iPhone 16 Pro showed just the three other colors that are in this new image. They are white, black and gray.

Those three colors are already available on the current iPhone 15 Pro range. However, the black edition shown in these recent leaks appears to be a much stronger, deeper color than before.

Apple will announce the iPhone 16 Pro and iPhone 16 Pro Max at an event in September.

Sonny Dickson has tended to concentrate on colors in his leaks, and overall has a reasonable track record. In early 2024, he also showed what he said was evidence that the iPhone 16 Pro would add a Capture button.

Rumor Score: Possible

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 39
    Looks like cardboard or the tape we use to ship out packages from our store. Idk why but the cameras look different maybe it’s the glare on the rings that is tricking my brain 
    williamlondonForumPostvisualzoneVictorMortimerAniMill
  • Reply 2 of 39
    I like this "Malibu Chihuahua Poo" Color...
    beowulfschmidtapple4thewinwilliamlondonvisualzoneVictorMortimerlibertyandfreepulseimagesdewme
  • Reply 3 of 39
    dk49dk49 Posts: 278member
    Yikes!      
    LettucewilliamlondonvisualzoneVictorMortimerlibertyandfreegrandact73zeus423
  • Reply 4 of 39
    I remember the ad where Apple mocked the brown Zune. This is the same color. 
    williamlondoncoolfactorvisualzoneVictorMortimergrandact73hammeroftruthdewmezeus423
  • Reply 5 of 39
    dafucizdat
    williamlondonvisualzonegrandact73VictorMortimerzeus423
  • Reply 6 of 39
    DAalsethDAalseth Posts: 2,945member
    Bronze I might go for. Mud brown not so much.
    Looks like cardboard or the tape we use to ship out packages from our store. 
    Yes, very close to that. 

Of course it might look very different in person. 
    apple4thewinwilliamlondonForumPostvisualzonepscooter63
  • Reply 7 of 39
    Yucam said:
    I like this "Malibu Chihuahua Poo" Color...

This.  More reminiscent of something the cat threw up than anything like "bronze".  A real bronze colour would be cool, bu if that is the "bronze" they're going with, I'm gonna want to see it in person before I'd consider it.
    williamlondonvisualzoneVictorMortimer9secondkox2
  • Reply 8 of 39
    PemaPema Posts: 98member
    I can't begin to tell how chuffed I am at this moment. Needless to say the phone back cover colour will improve my text, pics and all else. NOT. For years now I have been, like most people that I know, fumbling with the text keyboard. And I am a keyboard touch typist on the Mac: 65wpm. On the iPhone I am ending up with silly messages whereby the autocorrect changes my msg from 'i am just leaving now, and I will be there in 15 with just a quick pit stop' to i am boot now and I will be there in 15 with a shriek put put'. And then I have to apologise to the recipient. 

Phone keypads are the bane of all phones. As is security. By far Apple has the best in both which is why I gave up my Pixel phones and switched to the iPhone range. I am sort of happy with most aspects of it, except music and pics and file transfers. The latter is like sitting on the bus wedged in between two indigents - transferring between the Mac and the iPhone - and you would think it would be a cinch as both are made by Apple.

The other is the text keypad. Every time I need to type a long message I need to meditate so that I don't flustered and get annoyed. 

• Reply 9 of 39
    mike1mike1 Posts: 3,377member
    I wouldn't trust the color accuracy of that photo one bit. The lighting for the photo was awful too.
    DAalsethvisualzonepscooter63StrangeDays
  • Reply 10 of 39
    9secondkox29secondkox2 Posts: 2,995member
    Beige. Gross
    LettucevisualzoneVictorMortimer
  • Reply 11 of 39
    jfabula1jfabula1 Posts: 151member
    Nice new colors….but I will put case to cover it up anyway….hehe
    ForumPostvisualzone
  • Reply 12 of 39
    mknelsonmknelson Posts: 1,137member
    I hope that's just a bad photo angle.

The Titanium colour on the sides looks good, but the glass looks pretty much as Yucam suggested.
    williamlondon
  • Reply 13 of 39
    My job is very dirty and dusty. I’m always looking for the colour of dirt in a phone as that’s the colour it will end up. I’m very very ready for Apple to move on from white AirPods and accessories. 
    williamlondonForumPost
  • Reply 14 of 39
    Hopefully not the colors -or- maybe that is just bad lighting.

I always buy something other than white, black or gray. But that color to the right is not pleasant. I might have to skip this year if those are the selections and nurse my battery along another year.
    williamlondonvisualzone
  • Reply 15 of 39
    Pema said:
    I can't begin to tell how chuffed I am at this moment. Needless to say the phone back cover colour will improve my text, pics and all else. NOT. For years now I have been, like most people that I know, fumbling with the text keyboard. And I am a keyboard touch typist on the Mac: 65wpm. On the iPhone I am ending up with silly messages whereby the autocorrect changes my msg from 'i am just leaving now, and I will be there in 15 with just a quick pit stop' to i am boot now and I will be there in 15 with a shriek put put'. And then I have to apologise to the recipient. 

Phone keypads are the bane of all phones. As is security. By far Apple has the best in both which is why I gave up my Pixel phones and switched to the iPhone range. I am sort of happy with most aspects of it, except music and pics and file transfers. The latter is like sitting on the bus wedged in between two indigents - transferring between the Mac and the iPhone - and you would think it would be a cinch as both are made by Apple.

The other is the text keypad. Every time I need to type a long message I need to meditate so that I don't flustered and get annoyed. 
    I have been using "Microsoft Swift Keyboard" in Android phones for many years (6-7 years) without any issues. The auto-correct is accuracy is around 97%-98% for me and I have been pretty happy using it so far. YMMV. 
    williamlondon
  • Reply 16 of 39
    mpantonempantone Posts: 2,150member
    It's bronze, people. Not beige, not the dirt brown of the Microsoft Zune media player.

Anyhow, if this rumor ends up being true, judgment should be passed with some better product photography or better yet, an in-person visual assessment rather than some dodgy X photo that may or may not be true. With generative AI in 2024, these types of photos can be easily churned out.

More than ever, it's foolhardy to believe everything you read/see on the Internet as fact without doing a minimum of due diligence. Which can't happen before Apple officially announces their next generation iPhone family.

This thread is a good example of assessing who is naive and who isn't.
    edited August 16 williamlondonspliceguyspscooter63mike1StrangeDays
  • Reply 17 of 39
    mpantone said:
    It's bronze, people. Not beige, not the dirt brown of the Microsoft Zune media player.

Anyhow, if this rumor ends up being true, judgment should be passed with some better product photography or better yet, an in-person visual assessment rather than some dodgy X photo that may or may not be true. With generative AI in 2024, these types of photos can be easily churned out.

More than ever, it's foolhardy to believe everything you read/see on the Internet as fact without doing a minimum of due diligence. Which can't happen before Apple officially announces their next generation iPhone family.

This thread is a good example of assessing who is naive and who isn't.
    Trolls, toddlers, and Chickens Little trying to score meme points.
    pscooter63mike1StrangeDays
  • Reply 18 of 39
    8thman8thman Posts: 30member
    Oooh, I love bronze!
    That one’s mine baby! 

I’m writing this on an 11! 
    This will be a big upgrade for me, but I want the Full AI implementation. I think that’s not until the 17.
    williamlondon
  • Reply 19 of 39
    netroxnetrox Posts: 1,475member
    The bronze is too brown. I love the light gold which I use (iphone 14 pro)

williamlondon
  • Reply 20 of 39
    coolfactorcoolfactor Posts: 2,315member
    Lettuce said:
    I remember the ad where Apple mocked the brown Zune. This is the same color. 

Yup, that was my first thought "NOT THE ZUNE!!!!"  :D
    williamlondonVictorMortimerzeus423eriamjh