AirPods Max just got the laziest and most disappointing update possible

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    bukket said:

AirPods Max might be aimed at people working in studios,

I assure you no one in a recording studio is using Bluetooth headphones as of this writing. Whatever version of Bluetooth that is out now has too much latency when playing an instrument or singing to playback. 
    Can the Max use a wired connection? Maybe USB-C makes that possible for lossless?

They definitely missed the mark here, not updating to H2. 
    Yes they can use a wired connection, but it’s still not lossless. Weird, right?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 23
    As someone who already owns a pair... I'm OK with this update. They already sound and work great. And I must be one of the 1% of owners who actually like the case design. The only thing I want is the ability to do custom EQ in-device. 

I'm OK with a future where obsolescence doesn't happen every 12-18 months. There's some really good reasons to get off of that cadence.
    edited September 11 watto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 23
    It would’ve been better if Apple just left them unchanged. It wouldn’t have taken much effort to swap the H1 chip for the H2. At the very least they should have also dropped the price by $100. They were overpriced when they came out in 2020 but back then you could chalk it up to the Apple tax and they were using current technology. But charging $549 for a pair of headphones with technology that’s 4 years old is crazy. I would understand if they weren’t a particularly popular product but I see the dang things all over the place these days. At the gym I go to I actually see more people wearing AirPods Max than I do AirPods Pro and AirPods Max shouldn’t really be worn while working out. I was hoping Apple would at least update the AirPods Max with the H2 chip because I need a pair of over the ear headphones to give my ears a break from my AirPods Pro 2. It’s become painful to wear my AirPods Pro 2 because the silicon tips have started giving me a painful rash inside my ears. I’ve tried foam tips but they don’t do well with sweat or being cleaned with alcohol wipes. Looks like I’ll have to go with a pair of Sony XM5’s.
    watto_cobra