iTunes Music Store

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Awesome. I just hope we can get obscure stuff and remixes. Got to clear up some space on my credit card.

Please post comments here. Has anyone tried iTunes 4 yet? I'm on dial-up here, so it'll be a while...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 162
    othelloothello Posts: 1,054member
    at risk of repeating myself (and the mods having a go)

NO UK LOCALISATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Reply 2 of 162
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    Heh, I'm kinda trying out the Music store right now, but I can't seem to login. Are we supposed to use our Apple ID, or do we have to sign up for a music acct specifically?

Er, never mind, I see it says you can use your Apple ID. Still doesn't seem to remember me though. Bah.
  • Reply 3 of 162
    can go to the home page for the music store in itunes4 but can't go to any of the links, dont think they are ready yet.
  • Reply 4 of 162
    alpha macalpha mac Posts: 463member
    Quote:

Originally posted by othello

• Reply 5 of 162
    Quote:

Originally posted by Alpha Mac

(someone else who is angry from Reading...)
  • Reply 6 of 162
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    i'm at work on a pc...so i have to wait till this evening to grab some tunes...kinda sucks, but it could be worse...i could live in canada or england....ick....

g
  • Reply 7 of 162
    so if its anything like iPhoto -- where we still can't get prints and albums in the UK -- shall we say this time next year for UK localisation?
  • Reply 8 of 162
    frawgzfrawgz Posts: 547member
    It has new iMovie-ish widgets.

I can get to the front music page, but it's giving me an error for links so far..

Can't wait to try out Rendezvous sharing
  • Reply 9 of 162
    Quote:

lets post this all over the place and hope apple will see it and say "screw foreign distributors!"

• Reply 10 of 162
    Quote:

Originally posted by Alpha Mac

Personally I´m done with this platform!
  • Reply 11 of 162
    producerproducer Posts: 283member
    Anyone know how to access or where are the music videos?
  • Reply 12 of 162
    MTV.

Honestly. Can anyone get access to the store?
  • Reply 13 of 162
    johnhenryjohnhenry Posts: 152member
    I would personally just like to access ANYTHING at this point...

What's going on with the music store????
  • Reply 14 of 162
    atomichamatomicham Posts: 185member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Producer

Anyone know how to access or where are the music videos?

Is anyone connecting to the iTunes Music Store? When I click "Music Store" in iTunes4, it spins and spins, then returns a 504 error: there is an error with the music store.

It has been doing this for me since I downloaded it... Can't connect to it at all.

I am on a full OC-12 backbone, so, bandwidth isn't an issue. I tried turning off my firewall to no avail to see if there was a two-way communication that was being blocked.

Anyone actually connecting?

For all of the foreign complaints, in the keynote, they explicitly said that the launch is US only and being expanded. Blame the RIAA.
  • Reply 15 of 162
    alpha macalpha mac Posts: 463member
    Quote:

(someone else who is angry from Reading...)

HELL YES in fact angry dont come close
  • Reply 16 of 162
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    Quote:

Originally posted by The General

lets post this all over the place and hope apple will see it and say "screw foreign distributors!"

I think it's because of music rights which aren't always world wide.

BUT, Apple have had a year and a half to make deals with other record companies around the world.
  • Reply 17 of 162
    hey it works now!
  • Reply 18 of 162
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

When I downloaded iTunes 4, I specified US as my location. It can't be that easy though. Hopefully you can trick it like Audible.com by temporarily sticking in a US address for your credit card. Otherwise I'll have to ask my sister to lend me her credit card number for this. They can't possibly check location by IP address, right? Last resort... move to Hawaii (but only after Bush is gone).

I did the same (not the hawaii thing). I even predicted this before the anouncement and changed the billing adress to US.

Don´t know if it worked yet. Due to massively underdimentioned servers...
  • Reply 19 of 162
    whoops, its just some of the catagories that work, all the other links don't, guess there getting it together little by little. i dunno if i'm crazy about the page design its kinda appley but not really. \
  • Reply 20 of 162
    Quote:

Originally posted by JLL

I think it's because of music rights which aren't always world wide.

BUT, Apple have had a year and a half to make deals with other record companies around the world.

So do I(that was my point).

Possibly, but it may be that they have not gotten approval yet from enough of the foriegn distributors, some of them may have decided to take a 'wait and see' approach.