I hate the new commercials

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
If you haven't seen them, check them out. I don't see how they are supposed to sell ipods, the ads just come off as annoying. Personally, I'm getting sick of these cutesy Apple commercials. We need another "1984" or "Think Different".

Comments

• Reply 1 of 43
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Yeah, I don't find them too thrilling.

They're ok I guess. I don't like floyd. He'd be fine if he didn't have hair that was all greasy and matted to his forehead! Shampoo my friend!
  • Reply 2 of 43
    frawgzfrawgz Posts: 547member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jdbon2

I don't see how they are supposed to sell ipods

They're not.. they're selling the iTunes Music Store, which indirectly promotes iPod sales.
  • Reply 3 of 43
    keyboardf12keyboardf12 Posts: 1,379member
    Did you ever think that maybe they were not designed for mac heads like us?

Who buys the most music?

Regular folks that don't hang out on apple rumors like us.
  • Reply 4 of 43
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    This one is a bit better. I don't like the commercials a whole lot either, but this video made me consider getting a credit card to use this jam, but credit cards are the devil.
  • Reply 5 of 43
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Where are the ads? I can't find 'em.
  • Reply 6 of 43
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Luca Rescigno

Where are the ads? I can't find 'em.

Apple.com/music/ In the center right above the guitar.
  • Reply 7 of 43
    frawgzfrawgz Posts: 547member
    http://www.apple.com/music/ads/

I like Nava and Nic
  • Reply 8 of 43
    Damn. I hate them too... what's going on, is Apple starting the new "watch ugly losers make idiots of themselves" strategy?
  • Reply 9 of 43
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    Sounds about right to me.
  • Reply 10 of 43
    The funny thing is, only that one guy Floyd is really ugly... but they're all equally irritating. The original iPod video was much better.

EDIT: oh... and I don't think it's just unappealing to Mac users like me... I swear, I have no idea who would see one of those ads and not be annoyed.
  • Reply 11 of 43
    jdbon2jdbon2 Posts: 44member
    IMHO the best commercials are either funny or inspiring. This ad is neither.
  • Reply 12 of 43
    They should hire the guys who make beer commercials. I swear, those are the best ads... like those Bud Light "Real American Heroes" ones. Damn, I can't help but burst out laughing when I hear about the wrecking ball operator, or the male fur coat wearer.

Or use something similar to those OS X videos that came out a few months back... those were awesome.
  • Reply 13 of 43
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    i don't care for them either...i can't imagine apple will keep these going to long because we like apple and dont liek these, imagine other non-mac faithfulls!
  • Reply 14 of 43
    jante99jante99 Posts: 539member
    They should have music in the background so it isn't just those people singing. The ads would sound better and get people's attention more. Right now they are just plain bad.
  • Reply 15 of 43
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jante99

They should have music in the background so it isn't just those people singing. The ads would sound better and get people's attention more. Right now they are just plain bad.

definatly a good idea...some of the people seem like they are TRYING, almost as if they think they are auditioning for something and doing poorly haha
  • Reply 16 of 43
    pesipesi Posts: 424member
    i actually think they're great.

why do you want backing music? so that they sound just like every other ad in existence?

think about it... most people generally tune out commercials... they all tend to sound the same. the audio of these is quite stark in contrast. what better way to grab attention?

i love the "baby got back" ad. that shit is hillarious.
  • Reply 17 of 43
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    Oi vey, a bloated hippy left over who couldn't rent free love, an idiot and a wigger in training. At least the two girls were listenable and made for decent (comercial) ads. Even Floyd works in an odd enough way. But that kid should be molested by a defrocked priest, and the sir mix-a-lot guy, well, can we run him over with his SUV?
  • Reply 18 of 43
    Quote:

Originally posted by Matsu

Oi vey, a bloated hippy left over who couldn't rent free love, an idiot and a wigger in training. At least the two girls were listenable and made for decent (comercial) ads. Even Floyd works in an odd enough way. But that kid should be molested by a defrocked priest, and the sir mix-a-lot guy, well, can we run him over with his SUV?

HARSH!

But I agree... I am drawn to the all-powerful Matsu... no! NOOOO! I'll never join you!

postcount++
  • Reply 19 of 43
    wotanwotan Posts: 106member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pesi

i actually think they're great.

why do you want backing music? so that they sound just like every other ad in existence?

think about it... most people generally tune out commercials... they all tend to sound the same. the audio of these is quite stark in contrast. what better way to grab attention?

i love the "baby got back" ad. that shit is hillarious.

THANK YOU!

That was EXACTLY what I was going to say.

Does everyone really want these ads to look like every other dumb, boring, mediocre, bland, stupid, irritating, silly, over produced, poorly written, piece of shit commercial out there!?

Quote:

They're ok I guess. I don't like floyd. He'd be fine if he didn't have hair that was all greasy and matted to his forehead! Shampoo my friend!

But thats the point! Thats what makes him funny and interesting and charming and ironic. Thats what makes it good! If he was just another polished actor you would just yawn and immediately forget about it.

These ads are unconventional, and thats what gets peoples attention, thats what gets people curious, thats what gets people to spend money.

And BTW, this is not meant to be a personal attack against anyone. Just voicing my opinion. (Or typing it rather)
  • Reply 20 of 43
    pesipesi Posts: 424member
    Wotan:

yeah, and there's also the nice little ironic bit that Apple is advertising a music service without playing any music