Apple makes changes to "dead pixel" policy

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    Quote:

Is this in effect for notebooks? Because my newly-purchased PB12 has a relatively inconspicuous dead pixel (of a purifying, if slightly annoying, blue shade).

Sounds like you have a STUCK pixel not a dead one. Try a gentle massage in a circular motion around the area. Use a cloth, not your finger. It may take a day or two for it to disappear after a daily session (then again it may not fix anything!)
  • Reply 22 of 27
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    I have a pixel that's stuck green: how long should this massaging go on for? Has anyone actually had it work?
  • Reply 23 of 27
    Quote:

Originally posted by Stoo

I have a pixel that's stuck green: how long should this massaging go on for? Has anyone actually had it work?

The truth is that it usually doesn't work. Sorry, but your pixel is going to be that way for the rest of its life \
  • Reply 24 of 27
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Stoo

You have to talk dirty to it while you massage.
  • Reply 25 of 27
    taliesintaliesin Posts: 117member
    Quote:

Originally posted by LoCash

The truth is that it usually doesn't work. Sorry, but your pixel is going to be that way for the rest of its life \

It worked for me had a stuck pixel gave it a little rub(the screen that is) and it went away and hasn't returned.
  • Reply 26 of 27
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    As I said sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. It worked for my iBook but didn't on my iMac 17".
  • Reply 27 of 27
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    I didn't discovered yet any dead pixel on my 17 inch powerbook.