Should I get an iPod?

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 55
    mattyjmattyj Posts: 898member
    Yes you can change the headphones...

However, why would you want to? They are amazing headphones, damn good for what they are and more. I wouldn't want to replace them, unless Apple came out with an even better solution.
  • Reply 42 of 55
    Well, I will have to see, I have a bit of trouble keeping ear buds in my ear, since me ears appear to be a little irregular, or whatever. I have heard from others that the sound quality is great for an ear bud. \
  • Reply 43 of 55
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    might not bet too late to change your order and upgrade

more storage space is good, even if you only use 10Gb for music,

a 4Gb FW Drive volume will allow archiving of s/w and emergency backup of files for sneakernet transfer

inevitably, you'll use up the space you've got and crave more
  • Reply 44 of 55
    YES! My iPod came today, can't put it down! Now I just have to find a good case...
  • Reply 45 of 55
    How is the battery life on the iPod? It seems to go pretty quick for me. I don't have any specific time frame, but I charged it full on Friday night and have played it on and off thew the weekend and today the battery is left on one battery bar, so I should go charge it now. Also, the battery indicator doesn't seem to be very accurate, it goes from one bar to two bars, now one bar, and again two, etc. I guess that is ok battery life.... Still an awesome product!
  • Reply 46 of 55
    The battery bar adjusts to how you use it, I think it predicts how much is left at current consumption rates, I can't think of any other explination.

As for battery life, I use it every day, lasts as long as I want it... I leave it to recharge nearly every night, either you use it constantly, or you have it on max volume, with the back light on and are playing pong.

That is unless you didn't leave it to fully uncharge then recharge, when you first got it out of the box.
  • Reply 47 of 55
    Quote:

Originally posted by mattyj

The battery bar adjusts to how you use it, I think it predicts how much is left at current consumption rates, I can't think of any other explination.

As for battery life, I use it every day, lasts as long as I want it... I leave it to recharge nearly every night, either you use it constantly, or you have it on max volume, with the back light on and are playing pong.

That is unless you didn't leave it to fully uncharge then recharge, when you first got it out of the box.

Yes, but you recharge yours everynight, so yes, your battery will always be charged, however, I do a lot of on and off. I never did uncharge the battery and recharge when I first charged it, the directions never said to. Well, it's Tuesday and I still haven't charged the battery since Friday, it exactly seems to be a good battery.
  • Reply 48 of 55
    Yeah the battery is very good, and charing it overnight does work well, but only do it if how much you use it demands that it be recharged that often.

Its interesting that yours has lasted from from Friday to Tuesday, do you have it on low volume then?
  • Reply 49 of 55
    ti fighterti fighter Posts: 863member
    Quote:

However, why would you want to? They are amazing headphones, damn good for what they are and more. I wouldn't want to replace them, unless Apple came out with an even better solution.

because i own these

B & O baby
  • Reply 50 of 55
    Your point? I'm not an audiophile, so I don't require great sound. The iPod headphones are more than adaquete.
  • Reply 51 of 55
    ti fighterti fighter Posts: 863member
    well you asked why someone would want to change from the default apple headphones.
  • Reply 52 of 55
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    If you (already) got 'em, flaunt 'em.
  • Reply 53 of 55
    Quote:

Its interesting that yours has lasted from from Friday to Tuesday, do you have it on low volume then?

To be honest, the volume is pretty high, I am really amazed at the battery, though, I don't think the battery meter is very accurate. The earbuds have really great sound, however, because of my stupid ears, I might just get a normal pair of headphones, the switch would not be due to sound quality of the iPod earbuds.
  • Reply 54 of 55
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mac Man 020581

I don't think the battery meter is very accurate.

YEah It was supposedly fixed with an update, 1.2.1 or something like that. It is more accurate, but the bars still don't really do you much favours, especially in saying if you've got something like 20 minutes of power left.

Oh well, soon you get to know your iPod so you can tell when it's about to run out of juice...
  • Reply 55 of 55
    I am charging it right now, so it has been a almost week(minus 1 day) without a charge and moderate to heavy use, the battery icon has sat on one bar most of the time.