Kazaa for Mac

Comments

• Reply 41 of 72
    jonathanjonathan Posts: 312member
    wow, that's patently false, Mac Man.

we can't read your PMs.

If you were ever 'almost banned' which you WEREN'T, it would certainly have not been brought about by something in your PRIVATE messages.

Lying doesn't make you cool.
  • Reply 42 of 72
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jonathan

wow, that's patently false, Mac Man.

we can't read your PMs.

If you were ever 'almost banned' which you WEREN'T, it would certainly have not been brought about by something in your PRIVATE messages.

Lying doesn't make you cool.

I was once reprimanded in a way that strongly suggested a certain admin having read a PM I sent. Are you sure you can't read PMs? Maybe you could in ubb? If not, I have to wonder however I was found out back then.
  • Reply 43 of 72
    a@rona@ron Posts: 201member
    Well I've got OpenFT, FastTrack, and Gnutella all working on one app. It took a lot of work in the terminal but there are some good directions on the net.

Step 1: download fink

Step 2: install gift

Step 3: install the FastTrack plugin

Step 4: Install Poisioned frontend.

It takes time on the CLI to accomplish this but it can be done and frankly works very well! I would post a picture but I have no place to host it so I will just add someone elses screen shot of it in action.

A@ron

• Reply 44 of 72
    Does anyone know what port BitTorrent uses for uploads?
  • Reply 45 of 72
    I this this client will get you lot excited. Its kinda like kazaa for the mac as it goes through all the clients and has shed loads of stuff..

enjoy!

http://www.abyssoft.com/software/mlmac/
  • Reply 46 of 72
    Quote:

Originally posted by silvergun

I this this client will get you lot excited. Its kinda like kazaa for the mac as it goes through all the clients and has shed loads of stuff..

enjoy!

http://www.abyssoft.com/software/mlmac/

Um.... I can't download anything.... It produces awesome search results but it's basically useless if it can't download properly....
  • Reply 47 of 72
    Quote:

Originally posted by InactionMan

Does anyone know what port BitTorrent uses for uploads?

I have seen BitTorrent use all of the following ports:

6881, 6882, ..., 6889

Officially though, BitTorrent uses 6881 (and, to a lesser extent 6882).
  • Reply 48 of 72
    serranoserrano Posts: 1,806member
    Hey. Guys. There's a working Kazaa client for mac, and it's easy. Go check out the Acquisition support forums and download the Liberty beta.

Fasttrack == Kazaa

That's Peta Bytes chumps.
  • Reply 49 of 72
    Serrano, did you do anything special to get it to work? I can't seem to get on the fast track. \
  • Reply 50 of 72
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    cant get the damn thing to work...
  • Reply 51 of 72
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Just a question for the Mods-- why did I get flamed for asking whether anyone had a copy of Maya, when a whole thread about a piece of software that essentially promotes pirating goes on for 2 pages without any Mods bitching?

No fair.
  • Reply 52 of 72
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

Just a question for the Mods-- why did I get flamed for asking whether anyone had a copy of Maya, when a whole thread about a piece of software that essentially promotes pirating goes on for 2 pages without any Mods bitching?

No fair.

p2p programs aren't illegal. stealing is. (but hey, i'm not a mod)

edit: ooops, forgot a little "n't"
  • Reply 53 of 72
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    i guess u have to wiat but its not connectiong AT ALL for me

i tried at home this morning and it didnt work but i didn't have much time to wait for it to connect
  • Reply 54 of 72
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Quote:

There are legitimate uses for P2P software, and for P2P networks.

Asking for a copy of Maya is an absolute, unconditional solicitation for piracy.
  • Reply 55 of 72
    serranoserrano Posts: 1,806member
    For those having trouble connecting to Fasttrack...

1 delete ~/users/username/Library/Application Support/Liberty and start it up again...

2 forward port 1867 if necessary

3 enable only one network at a time. once both have successfully connected and you are able to search/download quit, restart, and enable both

4 the connections only take a matter of seconds, if you don't connect after 30 seconds try restarting the app, or item 1

• Reply 56 of 72
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    I have a pretty slick looking icon (its under wraps at the moment), but does it HAVE to have a symbol that represents liberty?
  • Reply 57 of 72
    I don't see why you guys are resorting to KaZaA.... Direct Connect is sOoOoOoOoOoO much better. The KaZaA network(s) can be shut down easily where as the Direct Connect hubs/servers are user run and they choose whether to let it serve or take it down. That's what I've always liked about DC. KaZaA is a virus brooding ground. Well for Window$ anyway... you never know... there could be a multiplatform virus that could kill your system......
  • Reply 58 of 72
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

I have a pretty slick looking icon (its under wraps at the moment), but does it HAVE to have a symbol that represents liberty?

if its good enough and represents p2p they'll use it

Quote:

Originally posted by Proud iBook Owner 2k2

I don't see why you guys are resorting to KaZaA.... Direct Connect is sOoOoOoOoOoO much better. The KaZaA network(s) can be shut down easily where as the Direct Connect hubs/servers are user run and they choose whether to let it serve or take it down. That's what I've always liked about DC. KaZaA is a virus brooding ground. Well for Window$ anyway... you never know... there could be a multiplatform virus that could kill your system......

better as in how...definatly not a bigger selection, definatly not easier to use either
  • Reply 59 of 72
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

if its good enough and represents p2p they'll use it

better as in how...definatly not a bigger selection, definatly not easier to use either

It's easier in the sense that you can connect up to several hubs and all the search results are combined. Also downloads are more guranteed. On the KaZaA networks you always have to wait for something to come out of queue etc... Same with the Gneutella Networks. Sure with the FT and Gneutella Nets. you get several hosts..... On DC you can do but it's in forum of different hubs/servers. I also find DC better because each hub is categorized for different types of files. Like there are Japanese anime hubs, MP3 hubs etc... On KaZaA it's all scattered....
  • Reply 60 of 72
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Proud iBook Owner 2k2

...snip... KaZaA is a virus brooding ground. Well for Window$ anyway... you never know... there could be a multiplatform virus that could kill your system......

Heh, yeah, how true. My roommate (a PC user) accumulated 83 (non fatal) virii from Kazaa last year... By the end he thought it was funny, and tried to accumulate more. I wonder how many PCs on the school network he infected....